FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/344152-avis-discount-codes-put-awd-codes-thread-only.html)

Daniel Melkes Aug 16, 2016 1:10 pm

hey,
I will be in los angles at 3-16. september, I am 22 years old, and need to rent a car from avis (or others car rentals), Do you have anybody some function AWD code with underage fee and without id check ?

belfordrocks Aug 16, 2016 8:58 pm

We can give you one with no underage fee, but ID check? Good luck (doubly so at LAX - see above)

nmenaker Aug 18, 2016 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 27056969)
#1 benefit is to bypass the counter and head to your car, turn on ignition, drive to exit, show DL and leave. Think of how many hours you waste standing in line at the counter and then waiting for the agent to complete the rental agreement. With a Preferred account, you avoid all of that.

except at SNA.. ;-)

troyhouse Aug 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse (Post 26934350)
wow, this code is the best. please let us know if we are supposed to provide company name or something. i am combining this with platinum upgrade coupon, and this is the best rate i have seen.

i was able to use the code and no questions asked. it worked just fine and saved a bunch.

Happy Aug 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Any recent experiences using the Citi Travel code at LAX?

The A0764800 is a flat rate code it so seems. Only slightly more than the Bombardier code. Used it locally several times incl MIA no problem. Would like to hear experiences at LAX which seems to become more watchful now.

ajnaro Aug 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 27093862)
The A0764800 is a flat rate code it so seems. Only slightly more than the Bombardier code. Used it locally several times incl MIA no problem. Would like to hear experiences at LAX which seems to become more watchful now.

The Citi Leisure Travel code is A074800 (no 6). I have used it several times, including at LAX, without problems.

Happy Aug 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro (Post 27093986)
The Citi Leisure Travel code is A074800 (no 6). I have used it several times, including at LAX, without problems.

you are right. I made a typo. Good to know it works at LAX. There is a Budget BCD gives similar rate but I could not find the origin of the Budget Code so would stick with the Avis Citi Leisure Travel instead, although the Budget location would be more convenient upon returning the car as our hotel is Crowne Plaza, just around the corner across street from Budget, while Avis is like 1/3 mile north.

ajnaro Aug 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 27094822)
you are right. I made a typo. Good to know it works at LAX. There is a Budget BCD gives similar rate but I could not find the origin of the Budget Code so would stick with the Avis Citi Leisure Travel instead, although the Budget location would be more convenient upon returning the car as our hotel is Crowne Plaza, just around the corner across street from Budget, while Avis is like 1/3 mile north.

Caution! There is at least one post in this thread #3820 of an FTer who was denied at LAX in March 2016, around the same time as my last successful rental there. I have never been questioned using this code. If it ever comes up I do have Citi accounts of various sorts. I probably even got the code from Citi in the first place, although I really don't remember.

Happy Aug 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro (Post 27094901)
Caution! There is at least one post in this thread #3820 of an FTer who was denied at LAX in March 2016, around the same time as my last successful rental there. I have never been questioned using this code. If it ever comes up I do have Citi accounts of various sorts. I probably even got the code from Citi in the first place, although I really don't remember.

Post 3820 referred to a different code. B270898. Is this one you refer to?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26331618-post3820.html

We also have Citi accounts but the rental would be tied to AMEX card. Code is used in MIX and local location multiple times between Apr and June. No question. Seems LAX is the diligent one.
Thanks for heads up.

juliana16 Aug 22, 2016 2:51 am

Hi all

Thank you for the great tips and codes. However I am having a bit of difficulty searching for rentals in either milan or rome. Does anyone recommend a particular awd (and acceptable coupon code that can be used in conjunction with the awd?)
Thank you kindly.

klausa Aug 22, 2016 10:33 am

Did anyone had luck with using any of those counts to shave off the underage fee?

I'm Preferred Plus and using City Leisure Travel code, renting trough Avis turns out slightly cheaper than the Alamo I've had booked before.

I'd much rather use Avis, since I could skip most of the formalities and get an upgrade (though I dunno what would an upgrade from Mustang Convertible look like at Avis), but not if there's significant risk of getting hit with young driver surcharge.

(I've seen the mention of problems at LAX, I'd be renting at MIA).

Happy Aug 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by juliana16 (Post 27100238)
Hi all

Thank you for the great tips and codes. However I am having a bit of difficulty searching for rentals in either milan or rome. Does anyone recommend a particular awd (and acceptable coupon code that can be used in conjunction with the awd?)
Thank you kindly.

Try the Hilton HHonors AWD code which consistently gives us a better rate than anything else and it is a 100% public code. You can find it on Hilton HHonors site under earn HHonors points / partners.

Happy Aug 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by klausa (Post 27102057)
Did anyone had luck with using any of those counts to shave off the underage fee?

I'm Preferred Plus and using City Leisure Travel code, renting trough Avis turns out slightly cheaper than the Alamo I've had booked before.

I'd much rather use Avis, since I could skip most of the formalities and get an upgrade (though I dunno what would an upgrade from Mustang Convertible look like at Avis), but not if there's significant risk of getting hit with young driver surcharge.

(I've seen the mention of problems at LAX, I'd be renting at MIA).

No issue as recently as in June.

karimi Aug 23, 2016 4:36 am

Hey Guys,
are there some codes for South Africa (Cape Town and Johannesburg) each one Week?

Thanks

DreamKeeper Aug 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r (Post 27094334)
I've been slashing 100's off using B270898.

Have you had any issues at all using this code? Have they asked you what company the code belongs to and if so what are you telling them? Thanks...