Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

2018: "What Car/Upgrade Will I get at Avis" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:43 pm

- Booked Standard Elite SUV through Chase Travel
- AWD # is on Reservation but no status
- Arriving in Salt Lake City airport location this Friday the 23rd.

I am hoping to get a 4WD/AWD.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by tdankmyer

Don't know about Salt Lake City specifically but in Avis language, "Standard Elite SUV" simply means a 7-passenger SUV. I found that out the hard way when I was expecting a high-trim Explorer or Traverse and got a barebones Pathfinder.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Don't know about Salt Lake City specifically but in Avis language, "Standard Elite SUV" simply means a 7-passenger SUV. I found that out the hard way when I was expecting a high-trim Explorer or Traverse and got a barebones Pathfinder.

I got an explorer in XLT trim which was better equipped then the limited trims are usually with avis . 4wd as well
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I got an explorer in XLT trim which was better equipped then the limited trims are usually with avis . 4wd as well
I thought XLT was a level below Limited. What's better on yours?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tdankmyer

SLC is AWD SUV city. Rented there for 4 months straight and could never get into a sedan .
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by barstyle
Wrong company, you're thinking of National and their Emerald and Executive Aisles, which can be hit or miss that's for sure. One time I rented the Emerald, with access to Exec aisle due to my status, and the dudes in front of me literally jumped in the car I made a bee line for, a black Camaro SS. I asked for another, and they brought me an RS - not quite the same for a guy all alone at LAX. Luckily after chatting with the attendant, he was able to get me in a Q50S with the turbo 6, so I was happy.

I have reserved a "Signature Series" BMW 328 or similar at BOS next week, as PP I am hoping to get in a 5 series but never rented at BOS before, so have no idea what to expect.
Should be able to get into a 5 series. BOS is my favorite Avis station with the best upgrades . I got into a 5 on a midsize, but I'm PC
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I thought XLT was a level below Limited. What's better on yours?

It is below but it was better equipped. Had leather seats, sync 3, and BLIS . Every limited trim I've seen in rental lots the only differences is the Sony audio system and auto folding mirrors. Hardly worth it IMHO.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:59 pm

President's Club
Full Size
DEN
3/4/18 Late Sunday afternoon Pickup
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by echov
President's Club
Full Size
DEN
3/4/18 Late Sunday afternoon Pickup
Large-ish SUV most likely
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:13 pm

• Preferred
  • Luxury - 300 LTD or similar. Similar models include: Lincoln MKT, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln MKZ, Infiniti Q50, Volvo V60, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XT5, Lincoln MKS, Hyundai Genesis, Cadillac CTS, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and Lincoln MKC.
  • SAV
  • Weekly rental, picking up on a Monday afternoon
Anyone know what I can expect them to have for us when we get to Savannah? And what should I be hoping for?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
President's Club
Booked Full Size
PDX
One week rental end of March.
What should I expect? I'm hoping for an XC60 or an Audi with my "two class upgrade". I suppose that's pretty unlikely?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:32 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
President's Club
Booked Full Size
PDX
One week rental end of March.
What should I expect? I'm hoping for an XC60 or an Audi with my "two class upgrade". I suppose that's pretty unlikely?
Haven't been to PDX lately, but:
1. XC60s are few and far between at large Avis lots. And they're all the old body style, so I avoid them like the plague. They're so bare bones that I'd much rather have a Fusion over them. If you can find/snag an XC90, they're the real gem of the Avis fleet and I've never been told no to one. Most agents don't realize how nice they are compared to most other things on their lot.
2. I've only seen Audis in Canada, so I'd doubt you'll find one in PDX. And there, they're extra basic A4s or Q3s. Again, after having one of these, I'd never take it again.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Juice77
  • Preferred
  • Luxury - 300 LTD or similar. Similar models include: Lincoln MKT, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln MKZ, Infiniti Q50, Volvo V60, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XT5, Lincoln MKS, Hyundai Genesis, Cadillac CTS, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and Lincoln MKC.
  • SAV
  • Weekly rental, picking up on a Monday afternoon
Anyone know what I can expect them to have for us when we get to Savannah? And what should I be hoping for?
Well, I called the Avis counter at SAV, and the nice lady there told me the most likely models in this group are the MKZ and 300. If those are my only choices, which one should I go for and why?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Juice77
Well, I called the Avis counter at SAV, and the nice lady there told me the most likely models in this group are the MKZ and 300. If those are my only choices, which one should I go for and why?

The MKZ . Smaller car so better gas mileage ( also an inline 4 vs the 300 V6) and I am not one to call a crysler a luxury car. More like a premium car. If it's a 300c I. Might take it over a base or mid level mkz
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:06 am

• Preffered Plus
  • Mustang convertible
  • Fort lauderdale airport
  • 17 June
Can i count on a convertible or do i get an upgrade in another car group?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.