Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by GUWonder
They got me to bite. Between the 135% bonus and the "discounted" Star Alliance awards, I went in. But I was hesitant and looking for alternatives as much as possible. I take that as a sign that lifemiles.com had become a bit more lifeless.com than its management found useful.
Still on fence with this "deal". We are looking to do a RTW flight in the spring - mostly Biz/First where possible. Initial searches not looking good. Is there a better site to search vs at lifemiles?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Still on fence with this "deal". We are looking to do a RTW flight in the spring - mostly Biz/First where possible. Initial searches not looking good. Is there a better site to search vs at lifemiles?
It doesn't really matter, the AV website booking engine is what AV agents are using to book, so you won't get different results by calling vs. using it.

AV pricing is not great for RTW given that you will be paying for each segment (no stopovers), unless it's just something like 2-3 segments RTW and all you want to do it be in the plane and one or two cities (and keep in mind that if you're in F you have to be in F in all segments, so no traveling TG F connecting to LH shorthaul C on one award). Also, not allowing LH F makes transiting Europe less than a premium experience (unless you're fine with LH C or UA F).

AV is fine for single segments but I would say AS, AC or UA are better for stitching together RTWs. Or even AA xDONEs.

I have seen AV offer a FRA-NRT-SEA routing... in Y. That's probably not what you're looking for.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Sep 15, 2015 at 1:14 pm
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Finally received the miles I purchased without having to call the call-center, took 5 days.

Now, about that 10% extra promotion....
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
Now, about that 10% extra promotion...
That may take a few more days to post, as seen in the terms in post #88:

This 10% additional Bonus will be credited no later than one week after purchasing your miles on the promotion.
"purchasing" might mean the day you actually received the miles into the account...
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Maayan
That may take a few more days to post, as seen in the terms in post #88:

"purchasing" might mean the day you actually received the miles into the account...
I got the miles and the bonus instantly.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't get my 10% bonus, but that's on par with how things go with Avianca for me these days.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Same problem here. Good luck getting those credited. Seems to be a LifeMiles technical issue with certain credit cards, in my case a Citi AA Master Card. Amex charge went right thru and miles credited immediately. On the Citi Master Card charge, I had to call (three times) and waste 40 minutes before they were finally credited, naturally without the additional 10% bonus. Looks like if you don't call in cases like ours, your transaction will simply disappear and die a slow death, both the mileage purchase and the pending charge.
+1. Had the same problem yesterday. In my case it was a UK Amex card that I have used on their site before. Unlike previously, this time, no email confirmation and miles did not post immediately, but I can see from my Amex account that Amex had approved the transaction..

So, I called and was transferred to 3 different agents by accident After an hour... the miles were finally being manually posted...without the extra 10% bonus.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I didn't get my 10% bonus, but that's on par with how things go with Avianca for me these days.
1. You must have registered for the 10% promo
2. You must have received a confirmation email thereafter
3. You must purchase by Sept 15 or March 18(edited after email received from LM)
4. The Bonus is allocated a day or 2 after the actual purchase date

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 17, 2015 at 11:37 am
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
1. You must have registered for the 10% promo
2. You must have received a confirmation email thereafter
3. You must purchase by Sept 15
Yes, yes and yes.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
I registered for the additional 10% but neglected to make the purchase by yesterday's deadline. This just arrived in my inbox:

"We have extended this unique opportunity just for you and only a few more. Last week, you subscribed to receive an additional 10% bonus from our buy miles promotion.
Buy until next Friday September 18th, from LM1.000 to LM150.000 to receive up to 145% bonus*."

They seem really eager to make the sale.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:54 pm

My email from them today is for 135%.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yes, yes and yes.
You may be in luck, I got an email yesterday that states, the 10% bonus promo has been extended,.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You may be in luck, I got an email yesterday that states, the 10% bonus promo has been extended,.
What 10% bonus is this? I only got the 100% to 130% free email.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
What 10% bonus is this? I only got the 100% to 130% free email.
Please read the thread in its entirety as it relates to the latest Lifemiles Promo and you'll get a little bit of everything about the promo and the 10% bonus.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Received email 135% extended to oct 2 and now reduced mileage redemption

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.