Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:39 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
This thread should be merged with the 2 X 1 thread.
Agreed. I have made the administrative adjustments to do so.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: LifeMiles
If you read the promo is different, actually right now they had the two promos listed.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
not going to bite.

As a previous poster mentioned with the usd being so high it negates any bonus they are offering. Plus i don't see any improvement in the program such as mixed award classes and booking f awards.
+1111111111111
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by northernstar84
If you register here http://www.buymorelifemilespromo.com/?lang=en

you can get even up to 145% bonus
Thank you! That brings it down to 1.35 cpm, which almost has me biting.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by imverge
Not going to bite.

As a previous poster mentioned with the USD being so high it negates any bonus they are offering.
Unless you are fortunate enough to live in a country that uses the USD as currency.

I hear that might be true for 300 million people or so. Perhaps some of them post on FT.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by northernstar84
If you register here http://www.buymorelifemilespromo.com/?lang=en

you can get even up to 145% bonus
an error occured , then try another time ?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Unless you are fortunate enough to live in a country that uses the USD as currency.

I hear that might be true for 300 million people or so. Perhaps some of them post on FT.

Agree that the bonus may be reaching a level where it could become interesting to some especially if you are in the States due to US$. Over here in SE Asia with all the currencies dropping against the greenback and paired with the (previously) increased redemption rates it is not that interesting of a proposition and will only be beneficial in select cases such as Asia - NA / Europe in F, but that is also the hardest to get. Will sit it out too.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I'm very tempted and trying to justify buying these miles. Although it will cost over $3,000 to get the best value, and I'm not sure I'll get thru that many miles before a devaluation, considering I also have a healthy stock of AS and AA miles, and enough UA miles for a mini-RTW. OTOH, Lifemiles are the most economical way to fly in a *A F cabin, whenever those are actually bookable.

For someone just looking for business class leisure travel, I'm not sure whether Lifemiles are worth it. Consider that Lifemiles are 75-80K to travel to far-flung places like Asia or Australia, and that the similar cost with AS miles is 50-55K (in J). While AS miles cost ~2cpm, and Lifemiles ~1.3-1.4cpm with this offer, the AS miles cost 50% more but they require 1/3 less miles, so about the same price, and with AS you can have a stopover. Not to mention that Avianca has made their website very, very difficult to book.

The last 2 times I've redeemed Lifemiles (in the last few weeks), I've had the website error out on me during the booking screen, then I had to email them with screenshots of all the flights and error messages, then hope they would get back to me before the flights disappeared. Then they would call me, usually at a very inconvenient time, and it would be a minimum 45 minutes to actually get the flight booked when I'm on the phone. Not to mention that it's hard to get the same things to show up on Lifemiles.com that you could easily get on UA or Aeroplan.

So I'm tempted, and at the same time weary because Lifemiles is a mere shadow of what it once was, yet there's no better way to get lots of *A miles now that Chase has cracked down on UR card churning. Maybe Copa will fill the void somehow? So far no sign of that.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I'm very tempted and trying to justify buying these miles. Although it will cost over $3,000 to get the best value, and I'm not sure I'll get thru that many miles before a devaluation, considering I also have a healthy stock of AS and AA miles, and enough UA miles for a mini-RTW. OTOH, Lifemiles are the most economical way to fly in a *A F cabin, whenever those are actually bookable.

For someone just looking for business class leisure travel, I'm not sure whether Lifemiles are worth it. Consider that Lifemiles are 75-80K to travel to far-flung places like Asia or Australia, and that the similar cost with AS miles is 50-55K (in J). While AS miles cost ~2cpm, and Lifemiles ~1.3-1.4cpm with this offer, the AS miles cost 50% more but they require 1/3 less miles, so about the same price, and with AS you can have a stopover. Not to mention that Avianca has made their website very, very difficult to book.

The last 2 times I've redeemed Lifemiles (in the last few weeks), I've had the website error out on me during the booking screen, then I had to email them with screenshots of all the flights and error messages, then hope they would get back to me before the flights disappeared. Then they would call me, usually at a very inconvenient time, and it would be a minimum 45 minutes to actually get the flight booked when I'm on the phone. Not to mention that it's hard to get the same things to show up on Lifemiles.com that you could easily get on UA or Aeroplan.

So I'm tempted, and at the same time weary because Lifemiles is a mere shadow of what it once was, yet there's no better way to get lots of *A miles now that Chase has cracked down on UR card churning. Maybe Copa will fill the void somehow? So far no sign of that.
I'd say if you have a specific redemption in mind go ahead and get the miles, otherwise there's a little point in speculative miles purchases, especially given how desperate LM is becoming of people buying miles I wouldn't be surprised if the same promo is back in Oct/Nov. ... not to mention many routes show some serious redemption cost discounts >> https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...taralltbl.aspx
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by scibuff
I'd say if you have a specific redemption in mind go ahead and get the miles, otherwise there's a little point in speculative miles purchases, especially given how desperate LM is becoming of people buying miles I wouldn't be surprised if the same promo is back in Oct/Nov. ... not to mention many routes show some serious redemption cost discounts >> https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...taralltbl.aspx
I guess I just like hoarding miles. Sometimes the best redemptions only open at the last minute and you need miles on hand to take advantage of them.

But ya if they had a 3x1 promo, that would be so much more compelling... 1.1cpm.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How do we know we will get that extra bonus?
Says so in the confirmation email from [email protected]:

Dear Maayán:

Thank you for subscribing to our promotion available at Passageiro de Primeria. Now when you buy your miles up to September 15th, you will receive an additional 10% bonus.
northernstar84: thanks for posting that!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maayan
Says so in the confirmation email from [email protected]:

northernstar84: thanks for posting that!
I just received the email that I have successfully registered for the promo. I will try to do a dummy purchase again to see if the 10% shows up.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Terms & conditions
The promotion is exclusive for members of the "Passageiros de Primeira" blog who are affiliated to LifeMiles and subscribed to the promotion. You must be previously enrolled to the LifeMiles Program. The last day to enroll is September 8th 2015. You have September 8th 2015 to subscribe to the promotion. You have until September 15th 2015 to purchase miles. Members enrolled to the program on September 8th 2015 will be able to purchase miles one day after subscribing to the promotion. LifeMiles grants a 10% additional bonus on the miles purchased on September 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th 2015 with the miles purchase promotion. This 10% additional bonus is calculated taking on account the base miles purchased per transaction without including the bonus of the miles purchase promotion. This 10% additional Bonus will be credited no later than one week after purchasing your miles on the promotion. The bonus of the miles purchase promotion will be credited immediately after the miles purchase and it is an independent to the additional 10% bonus that will be given for being a member of the blog "Passageiros de Primeira". Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 150,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year during the promotion: LM 360,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles, the 10% additional bonus is not included in the LM 360.000). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. This promotion is only available through LifeMiles.com Particular terms and conditions of the purchasing miles promotion apply, visit Lifemiles.com options EARN / Buy LifeMiles. Bonus Miles and purchased miles in this promotion donīt apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: SK, LH
dumb question probably -
I'm based in Ireland. I registered for this program few months back.
now when i try to purchase miles, i am unable to do it.
not available for me.
is this because I'm based in ireland?
any way to get around this?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
wont accept the 10% registrations anymore.
dang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.