Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Registered for the 10% just in case

However... making calculations now and it seems that a J class RT EU-US ticket at 126k miles would be about 2000USD.

Would be useful for one-ways but already have plans for next year, so not going to buy anything speculatively.

Sooooo curious how the LM sales are after the devaluations and "fixes"

If only these were AA miles... then I would definitely buy the max amount Just booked AUH-MEL in EY F and SYD-NRT/HND-LHR in JL F for 140k miles
Old Sep 10, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How long does it take for the miles to post to one's account?
I bought some yesterday PM and they are still not in the account as of this morning.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by zagy
If only these were AA miles... then I would definitely buy the max amount
You and everyone plus their cousins and distant relatives. Which is precisely why AA doesn't offer miles at 1.3 cpm or lower. Remember, the people who run AA used to be the people who ran US, and when US offered miles that cheap it angered LH so much to see people flying on cheap US tickets that they blocked US *A redemptions for LH/LX F. I doubt they want to repeat that with EY/QR, given that oneworld's a weaker alliance and they probably don't want to anger partners like that.

AV has a similar block on redeeming LH F, which is too bad. It makes USA-Europe considerably less appealing if LH/LX F are out of the picture, especially since LX West Coast-ZRH in J is a very hard get.

I imagine that as long as EY/QR F/J redemptions are marginally expensive and inconvenient AA will still offer them.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:28 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
How long does it take for the miles to post to one's account?
I bought some yesterday PM and they are still not in the account as of this morning.
Sounds odd. I have always found it to be immediate
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:58 pm

You should be able to buy them. its for all the members of the program as long as you were a member before the day the promotion started.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by bittihuduga
dumb question probably -
I'm based in Ireland. I registered for this program few months back.
now when i try to purchase miles, i am unable to do it.
not available for me.
is this because I'm based in ireland?
any way to get around this?
You should be able to buy them. its for all the members of the program as long as you were a member before the day the promotion started.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
Bought some two days ago. Got an immediate online message: "Your credit card has been charged. The miles will be credited by our staff".

Two days later it is still showing as a pending but not processed charge on my credit card. The miles have not been credited to my account.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by QF ExLurker
Bought some two days ago. Got an immediate online message: "Your credit card has been charged. The miles will be credited by our staff".
Two days later it is still showing as a pending but not processed charge on my credit card. The miles have not been credited to my account.
Same problem here. Good luck getting those credited. Seems to be a LifeMiles technical issue with certain credit cards, in my case a Citi AA Master Card. Amex charge went right thru and miles credited immediately. On the Citi Master Card charge, I had to call (three times) and waste 40 minutes before they were finally credited, naturally without the additional 10% bonus. Looks like if you don't call in cases like ours, your transaction will simply disappear and die a slow death, both the mileage purchase and the pending charge.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
registered for bonus 10% on 8th, online miles purchase on 9th, miles posted to account on 9th, email confirmation of bonus 10% on 9th, 10% miles posted to account on 10th...

Initial purchase of miles enough for 100% purchase to confirm process. And now plans on purchase of additional miles. Star Alliance miles to bank for short hops to ORD, IAH and IAD on short notice for less than a full cash price ticket. United charges $75 but LifeMiles charges $25 so added value. The minimum 40% / 1.5 cents per miles option is interesting also.

And 2 points for 1$ via Chase Ink (travel bonus)

update: Attempted to purchased additional miles via exact same process (and exact same credit card). End result prompt on screen transaction to be processed via LifeMiles staff and hold on credit card. Mid day next day no points posted and so called LifeMiles. A few transfers later a customer service representative took the name, LifeMiles account number and $ hold on credit card to coordinate. Estimate 15 minutes to post points to account. The process is more difficult due to the language barrier as I do not speak Spanish.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Sep 15, 2015 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Same problem here. Good luck getting those credited. Seems to be a LifeMiles technical issue with certain credit cards, in my case a Citi AA Master Card. Amex charge went right thru and miles credited immediately. On the Citi Master Card charge, I had to call (three times) and waste 40 minutes before they were finally credited, naturally without the additional 10% bonus. Looks like if you don't call in cases like ours, your transaction will simply disappear and die a slow death, both the mileage purchase and the pending charge.
Latest development: The credit card transaction has been processed (it was the same Amex card I have used on previous occasions with no problem) but the miles have still not been delivered. I will firstly call LM and then my bank if LM makes no sense.

Update: I called LM in Bogota (the Spanish language version answered quickly at 3 a.m. Saturday Bogota time). They credited the missing miles after about 5 minutes on the line.

Last edited by QF ExLurker; Sep 12, 2015 at 3:10 am Reason: Update
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone facing a issue over the last 24hrs? I hit the buy now button and it starts the charging process but comes back to the same page again. I have to fill everything out again and the same thing happens.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone facing a issue over the last 24hrs? I hit the buy now button and it starts the charging process but comes back to the same page again. I have to fill everything out again and the same thing happens.
Clear your cache and or try a different browser
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Clear your cache and or try a different browser
Done that, tried it on a iPad and even went one step further and got my brother to log into my account from a different country and try from there. Tried on two accounts all with the same result.

Has anyone successfully bought miles today?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Done that, tried it on a iPad and even went one step further and got my brother to log into my account from a different country and try from there. Tried on two accounts all with the same result.

Has anyone successfully bought miles today?
The LM website is having "technical issues" with this promotion and also with miles purchases unrelated to this promotion.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They got me to bite. Between the 135% bonus and the "discounted" Star Alliance awards, I went in. But I was hesitant and looking for alternatives as much as possible. I take that as a sign that lifemiles.com had become a bit more lifeless.com than its management found useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.