Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:28 pm

Just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that (true) boomies should involve just the *exact same* regions as per the award chart while quasi/faux/semi boomies can be any *boomie* which offers a discount. Also, please leave miscoded/misplaced landing strips out completely.

With that in mind, I still have yet to find a working (true) boomie - apart from a "prince of persia" and a rotten kiwi.

Last edited by scibuff; Jun 4, 2014 at 1:46 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by scibuff
Just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that (true) boomies should involve just the *exact same* regions as per the award chart while quasi/faux/semi boomies can be any *boomie* which offers a discount. Also, please leave miscoded/misplaced landing strips out completely.

With that in mind, I still have yet to find a working (true) boomie - apart from a "prince of persia" and a rotten kiwi.
I agree.

And I do have a number of others for you from C3 (more than 1 airline) and from C5, and these are all real boomies where the airline is forced. Not the kind of lonely airport story where a combo of airlines achieve the boomer (all of those seem to work anyway)

And I haven't checked all regions, so I'm sure there are others...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
I agree.

And I do have a number of others for you from C3 (more than 1 airline) and from C5, and these are all real boomies where the airline is forced. Not the kind of lonely airport story where a combo of airlines achieve the boomer (all of those seem to work anyway)

Yeah, I forgot about blood *diamonds* and similar *gems*, those still seem to be on sale unaffected by recent embargoes
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
I'm looking for a trade (don't laugh - we ALL had to start somewhere here right?)

.....plus Im proud of what I've found already.......its better than how 90% of the rest of the population travels anyway......

I'm looking for a boomie/chainsaw/deal that originates or touches C6 or TPAC. F/J

F is preferred.

eg. C6-C2 or C6 - C1, or one that is TPAC.

I can offer up: C1-candy or vice versa that goes via the ATLANTIC 25k J

or some C3 to C3 that goes via C2

Pls PM.

Last edited by pmdg7444; Jun 4, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff

I agree.

there's certainly fewer boomies now (is that what we're calling them?) but certainly the concept still works. but i've found that there are a lot more cx-cy-cz boomerangs now, forced. the "natural" ones have been around for ages but they're certainly not convenient. very few cx-cy-cx still works but they're around
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by pmdg7444
I'm looking for a boomie/chainsaw/deal that originates or touches C6 or TPAC. F/J

F is preferred.
For a long time there's no wood to cut and it was never a "F route". Haven't you read anything here to the last thread? There were a lot of such requests...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by tiger302
For a long time there's no wood to cut and it was never a "F route". Haven't you read anything here to the last thread? There were a lot of such requests...
wood is back to cut.

and i'm pleasantly surprised that my post was deleted.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:28 am

Is it only allowed to fly "the friendly skies" for the TATL-segment when final destination is the woodcutting-tool?!? Even from Canada no maple flights are allowed...
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Tirreg
Is it only allowed to fly "the friendly skies" for the TATL-segment when final destination is the woodcutting-tool?!? Even from Canada no maple flights are allowed...
How do you separate rules from availability?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Tirreg
Definitely didn't use to be like that but it seems to be so at least on several routes I've checked. Also seems to be like that running the "chain in reverse"

Well United.com shows plenty of space on LH, e.g. April 25, 2015 but none of that shows up on LM
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:03 am

At least LM only shows availability on UA although other airlines are available.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Flew back from Chainsaw this week. Got hit with SSSS on all boarding passes back. Also got it on a 2 separate one-way reservations after landing back in the US. Anyone else get this? I've enjoyed my TSA massages...^
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by stinger101
Flew back from Chainsaw this week. Got hit with SSSS on all boarding passes back. Also got it on a 2 separate one-way reservations after landing back in the US. Anyone else get this? I've enjoyed my TSA massages...^
whats SSSS?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: TK Elite
Super severe security screening? Lol
Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by stinger101
I haven't had it, that very route in December 2013. But fellow members of a certain German language forum reported the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.