Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:02 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Answering my own question as regards #1 above - transferred miles from Amex while the 15% bonus was on. Received status points equal to 1/2 of the miles transferred PLUS status miles equal to 1/20 of the bonus miles awarded.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Is it possible to book SQ on AV? I'm not able to see space on LifeMiles that I can see on AC.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by lesamuel
Is it possible to book SQ on AV? I'm not able to see space on LifeMiles that I can see on AC.
I doubt it. These days I can't see any inventory for business class travel on AC or SQ using Lifemiles.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:25 pm

Might be a few very stupid questions, but I have been digging and found no great answer.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest possible mixed cabin itineraries currently possible with ANA F, or Lufthansa F? I saw a youtuber claimed to do SGN-SIN-HND-JFK for 60k or so, and that blew my mind, but I cannot tell if that's legitimate.

Thanks!
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:15 pm

I have an ANA flight HND-SYD in J booked through LifeMiles. NH are now reporting that it is changed and requires confirmation. The change appears to just be a 5-minute adjustment to departure time.

Is this something I have to actively do with LifeMiles? If so, what's the best number for calling for an English speaker now? (I have rudimentary Spanish but I wouldn't want to screw this up.)
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by BernardBlack
I have an ANA flight HND-SYD in J booked through LifeMiles. NH are now reporting that it is changed and requires confirmation. The change appears to just be a 5-minute adjustment to departure time.

Is this something I have to actively do with LifeMiles? If so, what's the best number for calling for an English speaker now? (I have rudimentary Spanish but I wouldn't want to screw this up.)
Yes, you need to call… only way it can be accepted.

just call the 800 toll free number for the USA (free on skype), follow the prompts to lifemiles. General reservations won’t touch it unfortunately, even for something as simple as this.

I had a similar schedule change a couple months or so ago. Took about 15 mins to get it all sorted and the ticket reissued.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

just call the 800 toll free number for the USA (free on skype), follow the prompts to lifemiles. General reservations won’t touch it unfortunately, even for something as simple as this.

I had a similar schedule change a couple months or so ago. Took about 15 mins to get it all sorted and the ticket reissued.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:29 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov

I recall you can reach them by WhatApp also now .Does someone know the WhstsApp number and if this can be resolved via WhstsApp faster? Just wondering
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I recall you can reach them by WhatApp also now .Does someone know the WhstsApp number and if this can be resolved via WhstsApp faster? Just wondering
You can try! I emailed them and they said I had to call.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:45 am

Any advice for the best economy seats on the 787? I have an overnight flight and am on a paid L fare so can choose any of the extra legroom ones
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:53 pm

I have just set up a Lifemiles account and found award availability for a flight with two seats which I would like book for my wife and myself. I would like to know if there is any restriction which I should be aware of before I transfer the points into LifeMiles from my CC in to LifeMiles account. (My wife does not have an account and I won't be able to transfer points into her account even if she has one since I am the CC's primary card holder)

TIA
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by llngoc
I have just set up a Lifemiles account and found award availability for a flight with two seats which I would like book for my wife and myself. I would like to know if there is any restriction which I should be aware of before I transfer the points into LifeMiles from my CC in to LifeMiles account. (My wife does not have an account and I won't be able to transfer points into her account even if she has one since I am the CC's primary card holder)

TIA
You need to be 100 per cent sure that the seats are available! Plenty of folk have either bought miles, or transferred miles, only to find a booking error, or phantom availability, or failure at payment stage. Once transferred, the miles can’t be returned. Calling the call centre won’t help, they can only see what we see.

If you have that guarantee of availability, then no restrictions. You can redeem an award for anyone.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:12 pm

You need to be 100 per cent sure that the seats are available! Plenty of folk have either bought miles, or transferred miles, only to find a booking error, or phantom availability, or failure at payment stage. Once transferred, the miles can’t be returned. Calling the call centre won’t help, they can only see what we see.

If you have that guarantee of availability, then no restrictions. You can redeem an award for anyone.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the system is not very reliable. (Even from my brief use of it :-) Is there any site which can cross check avaliabilty? May be UA?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by llngoc
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the system is not very reliable. (Even from my brief use of it :-) Is there any site which can cross check avaliabilty? May be UA?
Even cross-checking is t a guarantee, unfortunately.

People have made sure availability was there via multiple star programs, then transferred miles, and still been unable to book.

It could be perfectly fine, but there’s a not insignificant chance that it can go pear shaped as well.

LM used to be great, but is now best avoided in the buying-miles game.

It really depends on the route you want. If it’s in avianca metal, probably not so much risk.

If it’s a partner airline you might want to check availability is there through a couple of other sites, and that it’s available at the lowest/saver rates, etc. But even then, it’s still a risk.

You might want to post the airline and route in question, to see if others have advice.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:15 am

Changing reservation from Lifemiles number to United mileage plus number

I booked an award ticket through the Lifemiles website for a United operated flight. Is it possible to change my lifemiles number to United Mileage plus number after the booking or not? thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.