Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jjangoo
Isn't that to be expected? People are burning UA miles like it's 64 AD.
Ahh..good catch. ^ The UA devaluation did not occur to me!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jjangoo
Isn't that to be expected? People are burning UA miles like it's 64 AD.
+64

Whole heck of a lot more UA miles out there than anyone playing with AV.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Originally Posted by servus
Haven't been a contributer to this thread as I was predicting exactely this to happen. At the beginning I found a couple of legs by entering airport codes manually like AAA-AAB, AAA-AAC ... took me weeks before I found one. Of course there are shortcuts to do it better and faster but I had to find them on my own and with a little help from other FT via PMs. After at least two bloggers published their "how to ..." guidebook with all the screenshots, folks flock into this thread like crazy, leaving posts ... just have a look at the last couple pages... I don't even know what I should say about that. I received a little help from others and now I'm of course giving back to other folks. However, I only answere questions if someone has a very specific question and maybe 3/4 of the itinerary handy. I don't see any reason why people should be spoonfeed here. If you make it too easy it will spread like wildfire and it's just a matter of time, until... The End. So I encourage the "older" folks on here to rethink what they are publishing to everyone who just dropped by.
Good thing there were no bloggers joining our little lifemiles gang at the Sin Do...If there were any bloggers they would be known as Sinners.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I am trying to issue a scenic routing but pricing it fails. I did not mess at all with the site and I could issue the ticket in Y but it fails in C.
The website says "Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support."
I don't really want to contact them due to the scenic part. Did anybody contact them before? Any ideas on getting this issued?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:03 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I am trying to issue a scenic routing but pricing it fails. I did not mess at all with the site and I could issue the ticket in Y but it fails in C.
The website says "Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support."
I don't really want to contact them due to the scenic part. Did anybody contact them before? Any ideas on getting this issued?
If it fails before you get to the CC page there is only one way: Try again later. I had luck by trying a different browser, IP, OS, and whatever you fancy.

If it fails during the payment process after it already showed a PNR: Call them, and ask if payment for that PNR went through.

I guess it's the first case, and in that instance it's a luck- and waiting game. You often get that for normal non-scenic routes as well, e.g. when mixing LH and SQ on one ticket, it usually errors out...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:43 am

I had issues with googlel chrome on their site - but it always worked using firefox.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GmK
If it fails before you get to the CC page there is only one way: Try again later. I had luck by trying a different browser, IP, OS, and whatever you fancy.

If it fails during the payment process after it already showed a PNR: Call them, and ask if payment for that PNR went through.

I guess it's the first case, and in that instance it's a luck- and waiting game. You often get that for normal non-scenic routes as well, e.g. when mixing LH and SQ on one ticket, it usually errors out...
You have to try until you fall down on the floor and cry but then eventually you call the CALL CENTER and you Really CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 23, 2014 at 8:51 am
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You have to try until you fall down on the floor and cry but then eventually you call the CALL CENTER and you Reall CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
So true.

I just did a cancellation last week. Every single of my previous 7-8 cancellations were done as one PNR, so one payment of fees and 15-20 minutes. This one he insisted on doing one at a time. 1 hr and 3 x $50 charged for the one PNR.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
So true.

I just did a cancellation last week. Every single of my previous 7-8 cancellations were done as one PNR, so one payment of fees and 15-20 minutes. This one he insisted on doing one at a time. 1 hr and 3 x $50 charged for the one PNR.
I was always charged per traveler (ticket), not PNR
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I was always charged per traveler (ticket), not PNR
Sorry what I meant to say was if there are 3 of us on one PNR they charged me $150 once normally. The last time I called he did three cancellations at $50 each and took nearly a hour.

I prefer to pay the charges once which is quicker.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Sorry what I meant to say was if there are 3 of us on one PNR they charged me $150 once normally. The last time I called he did three cancellations at $50 each and took nearly a hour.

I prefer to pay the charges once which is quicker.
I always had to pay for each traveler separately.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
Good thing there were no bloggers joining our little lifemiles gang at the Sin Do...If there were any bloggers they would be known as Sinners.
rofl
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

lifemiles is now the best program in the world

i would update the list but then mqlsko wouldn't like that.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by yerffej201
lifemiles is now the best program in the world

i would update the list but then mqlsko wouldn't like that.
Sounds like you have a new idea? Care to hint at it?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Sounds like you have a new idea? Care to hint at it?
Would mad appreciate a hint via PM ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.