Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by zbenye
If a poll is permitted here, may I ask for a show of thumbs up from those who do get what we've been posting here and in the former devaluation thread, and have benefit from it. If there's not 10 thumbs up, I promise to never again post in the LM forum.
^ I appreciate the info
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just take semi-educated look at the source code behind the booking page at LM.com, no biggie at all.
Well I must be even less than semi-educated (despite over 40 years having acquired a bachelors degree, a masters degree, a graduate certificate and two postgraduate diplomas).

Sorry but I just don't think rudeness is helpful.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by mhen
Well I must be even less than semi-educated (despite over 40 years having acquired a bachelors degree, a masters degree, a graduate certificate and two postgraduate diplomas).

I think it's not that difficult to google the terms but then yes some of us are extremely technologically retarded.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The great discovery you posted was around for a while, discovered by those who downloaded the destinations list and anlaysed it. LM probably never noticed because no one booked anything to/from that destination because no *A partner flew there in the first place. Just like the Munich of the east this one will be discovered too when 000s pile on to book cheap tickets
Munich of the east was gone along with all of China when ZH joined *A, if I'm poking in the rite direction.

And to be honest, I don't get any of the code either. I only know what you're talking about because I know the destinations already.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mhen

Hmm... I was not trying to be rude, just pointing you in the right direction. The 'Enjoy-> Air Tickets' page is a well written and annotated (ok, some is spanish, but there is google translate for that) bit of html, that can be read by anyone who has dabbled a bit with programming languages in their past (like me who did very rudimentary C++ and java in college17 years ago). I won't post the link out here in full public view, but the dynredparsocae aspx function can yield a ton of info about the destinations in the LM webpage. @:-)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:02 pm

The Elephant in the room has left us, unfortunately.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by charlesswe
The Elephant in the room has left us, unfortunately.
Which one? The one about whom the last dozen posts were, or some other one?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:37 pm

"The Elephant"
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:43 pm

Should still be alive.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:48 pm

Well, it's just much more expensive than it used to be.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:51 pm

We're clearly not talking about the same thing then...

Edit: Okay if it is what I think it is, it has been dead for quite a while.

Last edited by belfordrocks; Feb 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:14 pm

It was alive and well as of yesterday.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by charlesswe
Well, it's just much more expensive than it used to be.
Yeah, up from 17.5K to 50K to Oz.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Last night it was alive. Maybe they going to fix all holes now
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:06 am

I could have /sworn/ it was dead a long time ago... as in I priced it out as the "high" price... must have died and then come back and now died for real...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.