Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 9:23 pm

Not an F or J or a trick, just admiration for LifeMiles: while UA and ANA fail to find an award from HNL to FOR (Brazil), LifeMiles comes through, crisscrossing oceans: HNL to EWR to LIS to FOR...! Seen on 23-Sep. ^

EDIT: UA/ANA are able to see the route when fed the individual legs. However, they price heftily.

Last edited by zbenye; May 6, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 9:35 pm

I've gotten Australia-North America-Asia before too.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
You mean this?
Old May 7, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
What's au - North America - Asia ?
Old May 7, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I just booked (4) F on UA . I was checking for over a month for some availability and then just out of no where this appeared. I checked with the UA site and its been ticketed so kinda weird .

I was in such a rush to see if it would go through I didn't lower the miles part down
Cancel and rebook - or rather try to rebook with lower miles/more cash, and if that goes through, cancel the original bookings by paying 50 dollars?
Old May 7, 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Cancel and rebook - or rather try to rebook with lower miles/more cash, and if that goes through, cancel the original bookings by paying 50 dollars?
Not sure if the seats will come back but you could try.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
small advice needed.

I want to book C2-Mel and return on jan 2014 in J, and for now best option I know is c2-c3 + c3-mel for 75 + 47,5 on return = 122,5 + taxes

any chance to find a better solution? I know there are great options in Y, but I'm only interested in J

Adam
Old May 7, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Not sure if the seats will come back but you could try.
It can take 48 h to be available again
Old May 7, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
There's also the ASIA - North America - some american state in the pacific trick. It's probably been shared before, but I thought I'd contribute just in case.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon

I don't think I wil get the seats again . I have been searching for a few months and nothing has came and then yesterday (4) F tickets . I think it's very rare to get (4) in business let alone first .

I think the flight number is UA803 so from my search is the suites but I'm probably wrong .
Old May 8, 2013, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I don't think I wil get the seats again . I have been searching for a few months and nothing has came and then yesterday (4) F tickets . I think it's very rare to get (4) in business let alone first .

I think the flight number is UA803 so from my search is the suites but I'm probably wrong .
I would just stick with it. If you are really hurting then why don't you just make another random booking and cancel it? You get your miles back that way for only a $50 cancellation fee.

Personally I wouldn't cancel your original booking as the flights might not come back in.
Old May 8, 2013, 5:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I would just stick with it. If you are really hurting then why don't you just make another random booking and cancel it? You get your miles back that way for only a $50 cancellation fee.

Personally I wouldn't cancel your original booking as the flights might not come back in.
+1, don't do it. I was once waiting for an F seat that I *knew* another FTer was on, and he had to cancel and release his seat... So I was on the phone with Aeroplan at the time he released, and nothing came into inventory - not then, not 24 hours later, and not ever later. So if you scored 4F, stick to them.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:51 am

I'm not going to cancel them I don't think there's any chance all four will come back . I haven't even seen two for any dates two weeks either Side.

Now only to find something from sin - syd on the a380 in J
Old May 10, 2013, 6:51 am

Backtracking is allowed? (Sorry, serious question) or is it in one continuous direction? Wouldn't that bust the MPM...
Old May 10, 2013, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SQFAN
Backtracking is allowed? (Sorry, serious question) or is it in one continuous direction? Wouldn't that bust the MPM...
Forget all that. Since no stopovers are allowed would one really wanna do this journey?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.