Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:48 pm
DVX

Longtime lurker, but finally joined just so I could post to this thread. I've tried the same directions that ok2uselane posted multiple times, but the Asiana website always gives me the following error:

ERROR1010
You will be able to check-in online after you purchase a ticket for this booking.

This is for an award ticket originally made via the Continental website in January (005 ticket stock).

The error message scared me enough to contact the Asiana ticket office in Los Angeles. They were able to pull up my reservation and told me my seat had been assigned to 2D. Not sure why I can't view the reservation myself. Still a bit unnerved by it given all the problems that people have been having with their United partner award reservations disappearing.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DVX
Longtime lurker, but finally joined just so I could post to this thread. I've tried the same directions that ok2uselane posted multiple times, but the Asiana website always gives me the following error:

ERROR1010
You will be able to check-in online after you purchase a ticket for this booking.

This is for an award ticket originally made via the Continental website in January (005 ticket stock).

The error message scared me enough to contact the Asiana ticket office in Los Angeles. They were able to pull up my reservation and told me my seat had been assigned to 2D. Not sure why I can't view the reservation myself. Still a bit unnerved by it given all the problems that people have been having with their United partner award reservations disappearing.
Sorry, I'm not sure why it works for me, then. I booked an award through the UA website and followed the above procedure, and it works just fine. Maybe, it only works for tickets issued after the 3/3 UA/CO integration debacle. Perhaps, others could confirm this.

Last edited by ok2uselane; Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DVX

ERROR1010

There's a lot of discussion about this on the UA forum. Plus I've also had this same thing happen to me. Basically it seems the issue is that the UA and OZ systems don't communicate well at all. There have been reports that tickets booked with UA miles on OZ would disappear because a ticket number was never sent (or received) to the OZ system, and then since there's no ticket number for the OZ reservation it would get cancelled. Obviously that led to some very annoyed people when there was no more availability.

When I got the same error, I also called up the LA office. The woman asked for my ticket number, and once that was added to the reservation I was able to pull it up online. When you called did they ask for your UA ticket number? If they did not, then I would suggest calling back and making sure they have it or you could risk losing your reservation.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by DVX

ERROR1010

I have also noticed this error. It seems that it takes a bit of time for Asiana's computers to register your ticket purchase. I usually come back about an hour later and then I am able to log in without any error messages.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nme7
I have also noticed this error. It seems that it takes a bit of time for Asiana's computers to register your ticket purchase. I usually come back about an hour later and then I am able to log in without any error messages.
This might explain why I had no problems in selecting my seats on their site. Hmmmm....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Go to:

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000

Click on: "Click to select your seat" button

Under Guest Access, click the e-ticket number button. Then delete the "988"

Type in your e-ticket number (not the 6-digit booking code) from your UA itinerary receipt.

Then your last name and first name and middle initial (no space).

This should do it.

When you're done, click on "select another itinerary," and then click on "finish."

You can also call Asiana to get your booking code that they use.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Remember, Asiana only releases a few seats ahead of time. So, you may not like the seats you get now, but closer to departure more may open up. Also, your seats should show up on the UA site in 24hrs.

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd bring it back to life to ask a question. I booked an award ticket on OZ through UA's website, but when I follow these steps to check out my seat assignment, I get a "Check your ticket" error message. I have the OZ confirmation number, but that's apparently no use since I don't have an OZ membership number. I'm entering the UA eTicket number (starting with 016) and putting in my name exactly as it's entered in the ticket. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple platforms, but am still getting the same message.

Am I missing something, or do I need to give them a call?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gvol21
I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd bring it back to life to ask a question. I booked an award ticket on OZ through UA's website, but when I follow these steps to check out my seat assignment, I get a "Check your ticket" error message. I have the OZ confirmation number, but that's apparently no use since I don't have an OZ membership number. I'm entering the UA eTicket number (starting with 016) and putting in my name exactly as it's entered in the ticket. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple platforms, but am still getting the same message.

Am I missing something, or do I need to give them a call?
I've found that the easiest way to get around this is to simply sign up for an Asiana account. It takes a minute or two, and then you can easily find your flight with the Asiana confirmation number (even when your award ticket is issued by a partner airline). Much simpler than calling.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by LM225
I've found that the easiest way to get around this is to simply sign up for an Asiana account. It takes a minute or two, and then you can easily find your flight with the Asiana confirmation number (even when your award ticket is issued by a partner airline). Much simpler than calling.
Yep, that did the trick. Thanks so much!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:51 pm

one question i have is, if you sign up for the asiana club, would that force you to accumulate Asiana miles? (i'd prefer to collect United miles....)

thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
Originally Posted by qcdthemouse
one question i have is, if you sign up for the asiana club, would that force you to accumulate Asiana miles? (i'd prefer to collect United miles....)

thanks!

No. Just make sure you provide your MP number at check in.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:56 am

And then sometimes it doesn't matter what you choose beforehand... I just flew ORD-ICN last week. I had reserved seat 2k, as I was using United miles, and that was one of two seats I could choose from online. I checked it many times over the last few months with the plane swap and all. However, at check in, despite my babysitting, they moved me to 1A. That was fine with me, so I didn't say anything, but when we boarded, someone else was in 2K, my old seat. Weird. Did she get priority of that seat or something?

However, the only other person in that cabin of 8 seats was in 1K. I definitely prefered the seat way over by myself. They slept the whole way, and I was awake 95% of the time. Made up partially for the loss of the suite. Very secluded feeling.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know what the timeframe is for Asiana to return the online seat selection option to their website? It's rather annoying that they decided to take it away and return to the dark ages.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Anyone know what the timeframe is for Asiana to return the online seat selection option to their website? It's rather annoying that they decided to take it away and return to the dark ages.
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...SVIEW&seq=2436

from this press release it doesn't look like it's coming back!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Madinat
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...SVIEW&seq=2436

from this press release it doesn't look like it's coming back!
That was my initial thought too, but the press release claims that they are only "temporarily reducing the available times..." so I wasn't sure if this was a forever thing or just related to technology upgrades / issues / etc.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Is it just online seat selection that disappeared or can you contact Asiana by email from the website and request seats?

If not, it's incredibly poor timing for me as I just booked the award ticket the day before the change and missed locking in seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.