Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jon503
I just read Asiana's annual 'sustainability report' for 2013 and it states that Asiana is changing its booking system for all markets to Amadeus/Altea in Nov 2013. It seems the limitations on seat reservation are likely linked to this change. I don't know anything about this system, but this could be their big chance to revamp their websites and finally bring them up to international standards (I know those are high hopes...)
Keep your fingers crossed.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Go to:

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000

Click on: "Click to select your seat" button
Perfect! Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:00 am

How far in advance can seats on Asiana be selected?

Just book *A flight on them for travel in June 2014, but haven't been able to get through the phone lines.

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
How far in advance can seats on Asiana be selected?

Just book *A flight on them for travel in June 2014, but haven't been able to get through the phone lines.

Thanks!
AFIK, 'usually' you can book your seats for any flight as soon as is ticketed. *A tickets included. It shouldn't be to hard to get through on the phone. I called the Los Angeles res-line yesterday around 3:00PM and was on hold for about 3-4 minutes which is actually about the longest I ever recall having to hold for an agent. Often I've gotten strait through or only held for a minute or two.

That said, although making phone seat assignment is pretty easy and painless, it is still pretty ridiculous that they 'had' an on-line system that worked (albeit with a few quirks, but it did 'usually' work) and now they don't. It seems that if they are transitioning to something different, they could have left the existing system in place until they were actually ready to replace it.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
AFIK, 'usually' you can book your seats for any flight as soon as is ticketed. *A tickets included. It shouldn't be to hard to get through on the phone. I called the Los Angeles res-line yesterday around 3:00PM and was on hold for about 3-4 minutes which is actually about the longest I ever recall having to hold for an agent. Often I've gotten strait through or only held for a minute or two.

That said, although making phone seat assignment is pretty easy and painless, it is still pretty ridiculous that they 'had' an on-line system that worked (albeit with a few quirks, but it did 'usually' work) and now they don't. It seems that if they are transitioning to something different, they could have left the existing system in place until they were actually ready to replace it.
Thanks Mabuk! Strange, am I calling the wrong telephone number?

Called (800)227-4262 but was placed on hold for 30 minutes with no answer!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:48 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist

30 minutes?! I was on hold for 5 mins... that is the same number that I dialed. Did you key in your Asiana membership number? From my experience, if I key in my membership number, I don't hold very long.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:02 pm

That's the correct number but 30 minute hold is completely abnormal. Something went wrong there. I checked my phones call log and yesterdays call only seemed like 3-4 minutes. My phone says the entire call was only 2 minutes 8 seconds. Just now,.Saturday 6:50PM PDT I called them again and got through instantly. (800) 227-4262 - option "2" English - option "5" reservations and ticketing - option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:27 am

That's the correct number but 30 minute hold is completely abnormal. Something went wrong there. I checked my phones call log and yesterdays call only seemed like 3-4 minutes. My phone says the entire call was only 2 minutes 8 seconds. Just now,.Saturday 6:50PM PDT I called them again and got through instantly. (800) 227-4262 - option "2" English - option "5" reservations and ticketing - option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds.
Thanks Mabuk for those helpful directions! I was able to finally get in and talk to a representative and make a seat assignment.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
Online check-in opens up 48 hours before departure, but at hour 46.5 it's still unavailable. I called in and was told by the helpful agent "just wait longer". Lol!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:01 pm
Suspended

In economy cabin on 777, I prefer isle seat in the middle section.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:28 pm

FWIW, I have had success calling the number in Seoul
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I stumbled across this old news article that espouses a more specific timetable for the lack of online seat assignments.

"The airline will be temporarily restricting the time passengers are allowed to assign their seats online."

"But from now until November, both(sic) all passengers would only be able to assign their seats between 48 hours and one hour prior to departure."

"A source at Asiana explains that the change is needed to accommodate the introduction of a new online check-in system"

Asiana temporarily restricts pre-seat assignment time
So, I guess we'll be able to select our seats online again beginning tomorrow?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
So, I guess we'll be able to select our seats online again beginning tomorrow?
It's "tomorrow", November 1 already in Seoul right now. But the article was not official and was a little vague about what "November" meant. Maybe 30 November
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:49 pm

Maybe Nov. 17 would be the date? This is a google translation of the Korean site regarding the upgrade:

Period Home / Mobile
limited service How to use
11/17/2013 ~ U.S. ticketing ticket purchase
(only a reservation and purchase one if U.S.) Cancellation and proceed again from booking through the website or existing
reservations for the purchase of fixed (02-2669-8300) Buy through
Unused ticket refund Wired (02-2669-8300) request a refund through
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
As of 8:30am Korea time november 1, no online seat assignment available...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.