Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 3:15 pm
Suspended

I cant get it to work for USairways ticket
the numebr they gave me is 037 then 11 other #'s making it 1 number too long for the OZ website??
any help plz.
How on earth can I get row 1? is it ONLY at check in? or if I get this cracked can I somehow use online checkin 24 hrs pre-journey and bagsy row 1?
Old May 24, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
It may well be the web site just cannot work with a 14 Digit E-Ticket number. Most E-Tickets are 13 digits but I know there are exceptions and some are 14 digits too.

The only other real alternative if you cant get in with an e-ticket number is create an Asiana Club account, get your Asiana booking reference by calling Asiana (and getting seat assignments while you are on the phone asking for the booking reference ) and then log in with the Asiana booking reference and Asiana Club account number.

The only caveat doing it that way is the Asiana Club account must be created according to the same rule that the middle name or middle initial must be appended to the first name if either exist in the reservation since there is no place to put a middle name on flyasiana.com.

It only uses the Asiana Club number to look up your name. It doesn't actually use the number for the flights so you can get in that way even if you still intend to book the miles for the flight to some other airline.

And as always, only works in MS Internet Explorer.

And you can do OLCI 48 hours before booking and bag some previously blocked seats. In Y I have got bulkhead (but not exit row) seats that way. It changes often and is very dynamic during the 48 hour window so I usually check back often after first checking in.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
On http://us.flyasiana.com Online Seat Assignments Use your full continental e-ticket number starting with 005 (backspace out the 988 pre-filled in the form) and your name exactly as it appears on the reservation including your middle name or middle initial appended to your first name if your full middle name or middle initial is included in the reservation. Only works with Microsoft Internet Explorer and only from a MS Windows PC.
I just want to thank those in this old thread for their information. I have never been able to get anything done on Asiana's terrible website, but using the info here I was able to select seats online for the first time.

I used Internet Explorer on a Windows PC (usually a Firefox guy) and a convoluted version of my first name + middle name in the first name box and it was able to locate my itinerary. Ticket# was on US stock.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Must use IE (some Firefox builds work also)

Don't even try to use Chrome or Safari to do Asiana seat assignments. It will pull up the reservation and allow you to select a seat but when it comes to confirm it with "Next" button it will just sit there - logging back in will show the seat was never assigned.

Mac users; use IE in Fusion or Parallels with a Windows VM

I've made seat assignment changes on OZ, UA, NH and SQ issued tickets and had no problem opening by ticket number.

Another thing you can do is setup an Asiana mileage account and open the record locator with the rec locator and mileage account. If the name on your mileage account matches the rec locator from Asiana it will let you do seat assignments. This will even work if the eticket info is not passed to Asiana properly (e.g. extra eticket digit). You must have the Asiana record locator NOT the locator from the issuing airline if it's not OZ.

You can still then alter your mileage preferences at check in at the airport
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I had the problem with getting the seat map to come up and selecting a seat but getting stuck when hitting "Next" and the seat selection not sticking. I had this in both Firefox and IE. But by picking the seats in a different order, I managed to get it work. This was pretty much just trial and error to see which order worked, but eventually one of them did.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Antipode
I had the problem with getting the seat map to come up and selecting a seat but getting stuck when hitting "Next" and the seat selection not sticking. I had this in both Firefox and IE. But by picking the seats in a different order, I managed to get it work. This was pretty much just trial and error to see which order worked, but eventually one of them did.
In this very specific type of circumstance you can 'usually' (but not always) make the seat assignments "stick" by following the links through all the way to print boarding pass screen. I don't recall the exact wording but follow through all the way to the end and click on the link that produces the page to print the result. Then log back in to make sure it stuck.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:03 am

Guest or Member Asiana seat selection

Hi there,

I think I read before that to select seats you had to be an Asiana Club member. However, when I went to online seat selection, it had a guest option. I've clicked on "next" and "finish" and it seems to have saved my choices using the guest option. We'll be in Y on a 777-200ER. Would there be extra choice if I went to choose a seat as an Asiana Club member? I chose the two aisle seats of the 3 seat aisle column and it blocked the middle seat.

The guest option seems rather insecure I have a friend who's also travelling on the same plane. I see that my selection appears to be reserved, but the middle seat I mentioned above isn't blocked. Obviously, it'd be rather undesirable though. My friend seems to have more choice. Would that be down to his ticket type? I bought Q class. Or could it be because he's a club member? I suppose I could just join and find out.

To answer my own question, it would appear that membership/guest seat selection makes no difference at least at the lowest silver level. I think my friend bought a higher class ticket.

Last edited by New Gold; Feb 25, 2012 at 5:48 am
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Can confirm that this works!

I was able to assign myself seats for an itinerary purchased on Orbitz, although it does work with a typical OZ weird internet interface.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

In the past, it was only possible to assign seats using Internet Explorer.. now Firefox on Mac is good, too.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:31 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by izzik
In the past, it was only possible to assign seats using Internet Explorer.. now Firefox on Mac is good, too.
I use Google Chrome and it works fine.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
I used Safari today, with no problems... I guess they've upgraded their system.

Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I was able to select seats using google chrome on mac today.

in all honesty, this shouldn't have been an issue for the years that it was, but glad it's finally working across OS platforms and varying web browsers
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I have a couple of United Award Itinerary's booked on Asiana, unfortunately I cannot seem to get the Asiana Airlines Confirmation Number UA provided to work to select seats (this would be ideal as my gf is VERY picky about her seat).

Is there a way to do this or should I call/email?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:53 pm

You should email United. I'd suggest calling, but these days you can be on hold for 30 minutes or more.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oblisk
I have a couple of United Award Itinerary's booked on Asiana, unfortunately I cannot seem to get the Asiana Airlines Confirmation Number UA provided to work to select seats (this would be ideal as my gf is VERY picky about her seat).

Is there a way to do this or should I call/email?
Go to:

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000

Click on: "Click to select your seat" button

Under Guest Access, click the e-ticket number button. Then delete the "988"

Type in your e-ticket number (not the 6-digit booking code) from your UA itinerary receipt.

Then your last name and first name and middle initial (no space).

This should do it.

When you're done, click on "select another itinerary," and then click on "finish."

You can also call Asiana to get your booking code that they use.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Remember, Asiana only releases a few seats ahead of time. So, you may not like the seats you get now, but closer to departure more may open up. Also, your seats should show up on the UA site in 24hrs.

Last edited by ok2uselane; Jun 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm Reason: Added P.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.