Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Always Flyin
7/2/2018 update (either the link or this method may die at any point):
Here's the steps for those booked Asiana flight using UA (or other) miles.
For all award trips, "Find my trip" doesn't work.
Select "Check-in" and fill the information. But not through the check-in button at the bottom of the first page. Go through "BOOK" at the top bar and then click "check-in". https://flyasiana.com/I/US/EN/CheckIn.do#none
You must have the ASIANA record locator number, which is available on the United site for your reservation.
It won't allow check-in because your travel date is too far away. But it lets us to select seats !!
Remember: between 72 and 48 hours before each flight, all good seats (front Y) are open.

======
Note: Seat selection now available at time of booking, before payment.
Online Advance Seat Reservation
Go to Reservations > Click on My Reservations > Login or Continue as Guest > Find or Enter Reservation Number > Click on Advance Seat Reservation located near the bottom of View Reservation Info screen
Print Wikipost

Asiana Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Called 800 227 4262 and selected seats for a US Airways award travel reservation. Seat availability determined via Asiana web site. Agent indicated check in at 48 hours but otherwise no options via web site for noted reservation. Seats selected immediately displayed on US Airways web site where previously nothing was displayed.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Called 800 227 4262 and selected seats for a US Airways award travel reservation. Seat availability determined via Asiana web site.
Thanks for providing the number. I couldn't find it on the Asiana site (although I have no doubt it's there; I'm just blind sometimes...)
My UA award booking now shows the chosen seats.

Agent indicated check in at 48 hours but otherwise no options via web site for noted reservation.
No option to pick seats online pre-48-hrs for bookings made through another airline? That's disappointing and inconvenient.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Old Booking numbers may not be valid on new system?

I DO have a booking (new one booked today) that DOES show up on the guest input here:

http://us.flyasiana.com/I/EN/Login.do

An older booking made is NOT showing up; so assuming PNR's may have changed from old system to new??
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I have a UA award reservation that had an LH segment. I can log into to my reservation through LH and select seats. Couldn't do this before the change over.

Unfortunately, most seats in F seem to be blocked on ICN-JFK. It'd be nice to snag a window.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by NickP 1K

I DO have a booking (new one booked today) that DOES show up on the guest input here:

An older booking made is NOT showing up; so assuming PNR's may have changed from old system to new??
OZ told me that the old alpha/numeric record locators have now become an 8 digit number. While I have the new number, over the weekend the site would still not recognize either the old or new locators, and currently the site is currently down. The agent was hopeful all would be finalized by later Monday.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
And the estimated live time keeps slipping. This morning it was 20:00 KST, then 21:00, now 23:00.

I'll probably have to grab the new reservation number, but I'm guessing there's still plenty of time before the site goes live.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
i can report that SQ website can actually assign seats for OZ, since they're both on Amadeus now (my itinerary is SIN-SQ-ICN-OZ-JFK)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:48 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
I sent an email earlier to Asiana about getting a new confirmation number for my award itinerary booked through UA and they replied:

"Dear LTabi,
Thank you for contacting Asiana Airlines. We have received your inquiry and would be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, for online seat assignment only passengers holding Asiana Airline ticket numbers will have access to do so. For prio seat selection, please call our US Reservation Center at 1-800-227-4262 and our agents will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your patronage of Asiana Airlines.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
Regional Headquarters, The Americas
Asiana Airlines"

sigh...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by ltabi
Unfortunately, for online seat assignment only passengers holding Asiana Airline ticket numbers will have access to do so. For prio seat selection, please call our US Reservation Center at 1-800-227-4262 and our agents will be happy to assist you.
Wait a bit; the US call center is always 5 steps behind Korea HQ. I've had over the years thoroughly wrong info from them
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by NickP 1K

Ive tried the link and the mobile site with no luck. I tried the 8 digit number (with and without the dash) and the 6 digit alpha numeric. I entered my name as per the email confirmation letter from Asiana and every permutation i have been given my airline reservation systems and no luck. It comes up with all segments just fine on checkmytrip and on Thai Airways website. Not that it matters anyways as all seats show as blocked per checkmytrip
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The service you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later. Thank you.
Period(KST) : 22:00~23:00 on November 27

no answer to 800 number, no web site, no staff at airport (SIN)
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:49 pm

I called this like 12 hrs before you posted to get seat assignments. it was working fine.

1-800-227-4262
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
keep giving me an error msg
"Reservation Information is incorrect"
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by mraquinas
keep giving me an error msg
"Reservation Information is incorrect"
Called noted US customer service center and rep provided 8 digit confirmation code to use online check-in. Email received in process included 6 digit confirmation code. 8 digit code works on Asiana web site. 6 digit code works on checkmytrips dot com. Agent indicated inability to change seat but able to change seat online. Process worked via IE 11 and without log on to frequent flyer account. Noted itinerary not associated with frequent flyer account.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
I called the Asiana customer service center and I got my new 6 digit alphanumeric confirmation and a 8 digit numeric confirmation also. Also able to pull up reservation at checkmytrip with the 6 digit alphanumeric confirmation. However, still no luck in pulling my reservation on the Asiana site with either number. I think it may have something to do with the fact that my reservations were booked using United Miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.