Wiki Posts
Search

Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Laowai
If I recall correctly they changed the policy for tickets issued after March this year? Anyway, the case I mentioned already had airport tax included in the ticket and there was not additional fees paid after a short discussion. Also formerly the tax was always collected at a separate counter - not at the check-in.
It really depended on where you flew out of. The full service airlines at CGK collected as you checked in. Other airports usually had a booth of some sort.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Didn't see mentioned, but I gather that the Visa Free ruled have changed now - you only need to access from the 5 aforementioned ports - but can leave from any point in Indonesia (you no longer need to also LEAVE from one of the 5 ports). The wording I have is:

The ‘visa free’ facility is available to citizens from those countries entering for touristic purposes and while the Visa-On-Arrival fee has been waived, standard immigration entry and clearing procedures remain in place.
The five international airports through which this facility is available are: Soekarno-Hatta in Jakarta, Ngurah Rai in Bali, Kuala Namu in Medan, Juanda in Surabaya and Hang Nadim in Batam.
The seaports are Bandar Bentan & Bandar Seri Udana Harbours in Tanjung Uban (Bintan), Sri Bintan Pura Harbour in Tanjung Pinang (Bintan), Tanjung Balai Harbour (Karimun) as well as all 5 harbours on Batam Island.

Visitors entering Indonesia with a free visa via one of these 5 international airports must exit Indonesia via one of the following airports:
Adi Sucipto (Yogyakarta), Adi Soemarmo (Surakarta), Ahmad Yani (Semarang), Bandara Internasional (Lombok), Belitung (Tanjung Pandan), Binaka (Sibolga), El Tari (Kupang), Frans Kaisiepo (Biak), Halim Perdana Kusuma (Jakarta), Hang Nadim (Batam), Husein Sastranegara (Bandung), Ngurah Rai (Bali), Juanda (Surabaya), Kualanamu (Medan), Maimun Saleh (Sabang), Minangkabau (Padang), Mopah (Merauke), Mozes Kilangin (Tembaga Pura), Pattimura (Ambon), Polonia (Medan), Sam Ratulangi (Manado), Sepinggan (Balikpapan), Soekarno-Hatta (Jakarta), Sultan Hasanuddin (Makassar), Sultan Iskandar Muda (Banda Aceh), Sultan Mahmud Badarudin II (Palembang), Sultan Syarif Kasim II (Pekanbaru), Supadio (Pontianak) and Tarakan (Tarakan).
So you can arrive in Jakarta, and leave from Lombok, just not vice versa (well, you can, but you have to pay US$35). Slight improvement, but not really helping regional tourism.

Just to clarify the 'free' visa this refers to is those that get the free visas now anyway. This hasn't changed.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Didn't see mentioned, but I gather that the Visa Free ruled have changed now - you only need to access from the 5 aforementioned ports - but can leave from any point in Indonesia (you no longer need to also LEAVE from one of the 5 ports). The wording I have is:

So you can arrive in Jakarta, and leave from Lombok, just not vice versa (well, you can, but you have to pay US$35). Slight improvement, but not really helping regional tourism.

Just to clarify the 'free' visa this refers to is those that get the free visas now anyway. This hasn't changed.
What's your source for this info?

It's better if it's true, but I'm always a bit suspicious on such news unless it's from an official source.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Didn't see mentioned, but I gather that the Visa Free ruled have changed now
Anywhere on MFA's web page is this mentioned?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
What's your source for this info?

It's better if it's true, but I'm always a bit suspicious on such news unless it's from an official source.
Seems it is the case, at TA forums I've asked the same question and now people are telling that you can leave from differnt places as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.