Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The Indonesian government usually moves slow. They'll generally get it done, but I rarely believe their time schedules.
strike "usually" from your statement, and perhaps, replace "generally" with "hardly"
Old May 5, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Still had to pay $35 and go through VOA process at CGK last Sunday. A lot of American passport holders were asking why they had to do this. The authorities there had no idea about any changes to visa-free countries.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
Still had to pay $35 and go through VOA process at CGK last Sunday. A lot of American passport holders were asking why they had to do this. The authorities there had no idea about any changes to visa-free countries.
I believe the proposed changes to visa requirements impact on quite a number of nationalities, not only Americans.

Perhaps it was only the American travellers who hadn't checked current requirements before leaving home.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
As of last Friday, May 1st there was no visa free process for American (or some other) passport holders at DPS. I paid $35 USD like many others did for my VOA.

I also looked for and did not see any sort of expedited service. (not that I would have needed it, my wait was about 15 minutes)

I asked about buying my VOA from Garuda Airline when I checked in at NRT and was told they stopped doing that last year.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I believe the proposed changes to visa requirements impact on quite a number of nationalities, not only Americans.

Perhaps it was only the American travellers who hadn't checked current requirements before leaving home.
Correct. There are 30 additional countries I believe. I am Canadian and we are on that list of 30. Only mentioned Americans as there just happened to be a lot on my flight from HKG.

I wasn't sure what to expect either given the unclear information so proceeded to VOA as normal, paid, and got the stamp. This was fortunate for me as many others were trying to figure it out and determine if they needed VOA. They ended up in a much longer queue than I did.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:31 am

in fact there are many more conveniences for a visit to Indonesia
Old May 10, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
...it was just to become a teacher. Bizarre, eh?
I thought it might be a job at a wallet factory.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold (1MM), Marriott Plat
Confirmed as of May 18 I still had to pay the VOA fee upon entry into Jakarta. On the plus side there was no immigration form to fill out this time.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
really? no form? What is your citizenship?
Old May 24, 2015, 10:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
really? no form? What is your citizenship?
I can confirm that. No more forms required for anybody - for immigration. Applied to me and fellow passengers who arrived from SIN two weeks ago.
You still have to fill out the blue customs form though.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:20 pm

And now it's offical!

http://www.ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=25297

http://www.balidiscovery.com/message...e.asp?Id=11969
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:43 am

So it was extended from 13th June onwards? Then I just missed it by roughly 2 hours

But given their 7-days Visa are relatively reasonable 15$ (thats more or less what ESTA costs..) it didn't really bother me too much.. But good to see it will now be free of charge to visit finally
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I can confirm that. No more forms required for anybody - for immigration. Applied to me and fellow passengers who arrived from SIN two weeks ago.
You still have to fill out the blue customs form though.
Can confirm on my outbound june 1 flight from DPS also. Very nice. Especially since I have a young family..was a bit chaotic with so much paperwork before.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:37 am

Hello 9Benua,

Thank you for sharing this. It is good to know that Indonesia is opening its doors to more countries. Hope this would help Indonesia's economy growth soon.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:14 am

Bali, here I come! without any VISA!
It's about time and hopefully 30+ day stays won't require VISA soon as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.