Search

Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Naaaa, it's about the Bali nine.
Naaaa, it's about money.
If they weren't collecting of the Aussies, Indo would be broke in 6 months.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Surprised to not see Australia on the list. Due to the current tensions over the Bali Nine?
Not surprised to see Australia excluded. My bet is that Indonesia doesn't think that including the Australian market will make it as much money as leaving Australia where it is; and that it can process Australians relatively cost-effectively in Australia as is.

Governmental relations between Australia and Indonesia have been strained more or less for at least as long as there has been an FT.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
While the government recently said it would waive visa requirements for 30 countries starting in April, legal issues may delay its implementation as an Indonesian law stipulates that visa exemptions could only be made on a reciprocal basis.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...y-not-fly.html

Indonesia..... Don't I love theee........
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Really wouldn't get excited by anything - i'm heading there in June and am 99% certain my English () passport will get me charged US$35.

Had friends who flew out of Heathrow with US$25 cash each, only to arrive into Bali 20 hours later to find that had been increased US$10 whilst they were in the air!

I would say the odds that my VOA will be free in June are marginally less than the odds the VOA having gone upto US$50 by then!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Really wouldn't get excited by anything - i'm heading there in June and am 99% certain my English () passport will get me charged US$35.

I would say the odds that my VOA will be free in June are marginally less than the odds the VOA having gone upto US$50 by then!
Enactment into law is vastly different than actual implementation.....that's the history of Indonesia. I totally agree...bring US$ with you and expect to que for VOA.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Am I correct in assuming that this has been put on hold indefinitely? I'm headed to Bali next week, so I'll make sure to have my $35 ready.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MCI777
Am I correct in assuming that this has been put on hold indefinitely? I'm headed to Bali next week, so I'll make sure to have my $35 ready.
We'll be arriving in a few days and my assumption is the same as yours (unless I hear otherwise).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:00 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
By the looks of this report: Visa policy to go ahead, pending some regulatory approvals this should go ahead some time in April (no longer 1st April).

But it certainly hasnt started yet.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
There is a possibility that the visa free policy is scrapped for the time being since it would violate the existing law according to this: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ue-jokowi.html
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrived to no lines and a $35 USD visa fee.

The new terminal is very nice.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Arrived to no lines and a $35 USD visa fee.

The new terminal is very nice.
What time did you arrive? I've heard horror stories about Immigration around the 2-4pm arrival block.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCI777
What time did you arrive? I've heard horror stories about Immigration around the 2-4pm arrival block.
We arrived a bit after 6PM. The place was deserted.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:56 pm

It's a scam

Unfortunately that was just a typical Indonesian take-the-money-and-run style scam: http://www.2globalnomads.info/2015/0...-scam-lie.html.

Please do not help Indonesia to spread this misinformation and cheat more travellers to go there.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 2globalnomads
Unfortunately that was just a typical Indonesian take-the-money-and-run style scam: http://www.2globalnomads.info/2015/0...-scam-lie.html.

Please do not help Indonesia to spread this misinformation and cheat more travellers to go there.
Get a grip!

It's the maintenance of the status quo, hardly a scam. Just a muddle of competing interests/divisions/ministries.

Egypt is going through the same farce, albeit in the other direction: a tightening of visa procedures announced then rescinded.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:24 am

Seems they both don't want tourists..

Seriously, they expect rich European countries to let their (mostly) poor population go visa-free?

Sri Lanka already shot it's tourism in it's feet with it's visa-on-arrival crap.

There are reasons why I like to go to Malaysia. One is the fact I don't have to fill out arrival card crap, or hand over money to enter a country..

Next holiday I just decided now: Malaysia, not Indonesia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.