Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It ain't cheap, and it's value to someone may be all over the place depending upon personal circumstances. I don't pay for it for myself.
Unless I absolutely needed to be somewhere within a short time after arrival, I couldn't see paying for it. I just figure it will take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour from disembarking to "free." I've been hit with unexpected lines, and unexpected lack of lines at various times of day or night. I also find that the Priority baggage tags, while decorative, often don't serve more function than decoration.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
With Carry On: Gate to Immigration (5-10 minutes depending on Gate) Immigration 10-30 minutes depending on lines (USA Passport) Walk to X-ray machines another 3 minutes and a tip!.. go to the far left X-ray machine (it's cordoned off for Diplomats and Carry-on only)

So it could be 20-30 minutes total (on the best day ever) and normally around 30-45 on a normal day..

Ouch those VIP Plans are quite expensive..
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless you have DYKWIA tendencies or someone else is paying for you to use it then the VIP service isn't for your average cost conscious person.
Compared to years gone by the immigration and customs process waiting times at EZE are not much different from those I've experienced in some major international airports around the world even where fast track has been offered.
The quickest I've been through is under 20 minutes although I would say 45 minutes is more realistic unless you look a bit dodgy.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Thanks all. Your insights are much appreciated.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Compared to years gone by the immigration and customs process waiting times at EZE are not much different from those I've experienced in some major international airports around the world even where fast track has been offered.
I agree clearing passport control and customs is now faster and easier than a few years ago, especially since they re-instated the red and green channels at customs. It's still slower than most European airports (MAD, CDG, FCO), but in my last trips I've waited less at EZE than at JFK.

My last flights with checked-in luggage were all on AR and I was surprised they actually respected the priority tags.

Still, I know time is money but I don't think any VIP service is worth 2,000 dollars. Maybe I'm too stingy
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Marambio
I agree clearing passport control and customs is now faster and easier than a few years ago, especially since they re-instated the red and green channels at customs.
Red/Green? Can you explain? Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Red/Green? Can you explain? Thanks!
The big queues at customs were always because of the extensive checks they did on all pax, irrespective of their place of residence and whether they were actually bringing prohibited/taxable items into the country.

Since early 2017 they re-installed the "Nothing to declare" (green) and "Something to declare" (red) channels:
-- Something to declare: a customs agent will be waiting for you
-- Nothing to declare: they make you press a button which flashes a red or green light - green, you're free to go; red, your bag will be scanned.

The new system has considerably sped up the customs process, and the lines are much shorter.
747FC, flatdawgs and dmarge18 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I'm going to post this again, never saw any response.. any tips much appreciated.

Flying into EZE but need to get to AEP for an in country flight. What is the best option, reliability and price? Uber seems to be available and reasonable, but is it reliable and WHERE does one do the pickup?

Or is there some other coordinated good option just to do this route, ca 11:00 weekday.

TIA
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:44 am

It really depends on your budget and how tight your connection is.

Uber is available and the price is usually reasonable, especially in off-peak times such as 11am. There is free wifi at EZE for ordering your Uber but there's no official Uber pick-up point (remember Uber is technically illegal in Buenos Aires). In my experience the driver has always called me and settled for a pick-up in the departures sector, but I have a local phone number and my mother tongue is porteño. Maybe others can share their experiences with foreign numbers/languages.

Remises (chauffeured private cars) are readily available at the arrivals sector. Tienda León is the most traditional company, and also it is the most expensive. Taxi Ezeiza in my experience is cheaper and they operate the same (new) cars. You can book online and they will have a sign displaying your name at their booth.

Tienda León also offers a coach service from EZE to AEP for 230 pesos. It leaves every half an hour or so. They used to leave from Terminal B, I'm not sure whether this is still valid. Arbus leaves from Terminal C and is a bit cheaper than Tienda León (200 pesos I think) but it stops in downtown, while TL is nonstop. Also I think they have less frequencies than TL.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:10 am

Remises (chauffeured private cars) are readily available at the arrivals sector. Tienda León is the most traditional company, and also it is the most expensive. Taxi Ezeiza in my experience is cheaper and they operate the same (new) cars. You can book online and they will have a sign displaying your name at their booth.

Thanks for the advice. Any additional considerations necessary for a couple traveling with four suitcases plus carry-ons? Do Remises come in different sizes for differing luggage needs?

Thank you!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Tienda Leon tend to have a variety of cars available and normally have bigger models to take this amount of luggage.

Uber is very much hit or miss with the car you will get and how many bags it will hold and doubt you could depend on them
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Tienda Leon tend to have a variety of cars available and normally have bigger models to take this amount of luggage.

Uber is very much hit or miss with the car you will get and how many bags it will hold and doubt you could depend on them
Many thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
It really depends on your budget and how tight your connection is.

Uber is available and the price is usually reasonable, especially in off-peak times such as 11am. There is free wifi at EZE for ordering your Uber but there's no official Uber pick-up point (remember Uber is technically illegal in Buenos Aires). In my experience the driver has always called me and settled for a pick-up in the departures sector, but I have a local phone number and my mother tongue is porteño. Maybe others can share their experiences with foreign numbers/languages.

Tienda León also offers a coach service from EZE to AEP for 230 pesos. It leaves every half an hour or so. They used to leave from Terminal B, I'm not sure whether this is still valid. Arbus leaves from Terminal C and is a bit cheaper than Tienda León (200 pesos I think) but it stops in downtown, while TL is nonstop. Also I think they have less frequencies than TL.
thanks for your response. Is uber reliable as in cars available? Seems that EZE to AEP with someone like Taxi Ezeiza is about 750$ maybe (ca 50$ USD) and they take reservations. Might be worth the extra 20$US just to have it all organized already.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:40 pm

Tienda León and Taxi Ezeiza do have bigger cars in case you have lots of luggage (usually Citroën Berlingo or Peugeot Partner, 4 suitcases fit in there without much trouble). If you book online, Taxi Ezeiza's form asks how many pieces of luggage you are carrying with you, so they have a bigger car ready in case you need it.

Many Uber cars are waiting outside the airport for pax. It usually takes them ca. 10 minutes to pick you up. Car-wise it is, however, hit or miss. You can get anything from a Renault Duster (a boot/trunk so big you could hide two guerrilleros in there) to a tiny Chevrolet Corsa.

When travelling with anything more than just one suitcase I personally book a Taxi Ezeiza. It's a bit more expensive but as I grow older I'd rather pay more and not seat next to my suitcase for over an hour
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:53 pm

Tienda León and Taxi Ezeiza do have bigger cars in case you have lots of luggage (usually Citroën Berlingo or Peugeot Partner, 4 suitcases fit in there without much trouble). If you book online, Taxi Ezeiza's form asks how many pieces of luggage you are carrying with you, so they have a bigger car ready in case you need it.

When travelling with anything more than just one suitcase I personally book a Taxi Ezeiza. It's a bit more expensive but as I grow older I'd rather pay more and not seat next to my suitcase for over an hour
Thanks!

Just FYI for others looking at these options, Taxi Ezeiza has an English-language booking website, and I have not found the same for Tienda Leon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.