Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abeyro
I think there are two seperate issues regarding going to and from EZE.

1) hotel-EZE
Should be no problem with UBER as, first, it can come to the hotel and, secondly, it can drop the passenger at EZE

2) EZE-hotel
a) Uber is questionable for reasons mentioned above (see previous posts),

b)Taxi Ezeiza bookable on arrival is an option. Their rate EZE-Centro is now 780 pesos (until last week it was 720 which shows the state of country's economy)
http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng/tarifas

c) Tienda Leon Buses http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

The current rate EZE-Terminal Madero is 240 pesos (was 220, hehe...).
Arriving at Terminal Madero doesn't solve the problem as one would need to take a taxi to the hotel (additional cost)

However, Flying Machine in his post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28754254-post13.html) has advised that Manuel Tienda Leon offers a sevice called bus+traslado (bus+transfer from Madera Terminal to any hotel at Centro) at practically the same price (10 pesos more).
This offer is not to be found anywhere on Tienda's webpage, unfortunately...
It would be nice if anyone who took advantage of the bus+traslado service could confirm that it really exists
Aw, I was hoping to get the 720 rate from the airport. That seemed like a good deal. Odd that they raised it now because the Peso hasn't really depreciated for several months. I guess it just takes awhile for them to get around to it. This is a real PITA for tourists who want to make comparison "value" choices on their visit to BA; nobody knows what anything actually currently costs. You can't even get a restaurant menu online with prices.

I assume that "traslado" deal is per person, so it really only makes sense for solo travellers, right? If you're two persons, it wouldn't seem like the hassle would be worth the modest savings.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by iahphx
Aw, I was hoping to get the 720 rate from the airport. That seemed like a good deal. Odd that they raised it now because the Peso hasn't really depreciated for several months. I guess it just takes awhile for them to get around to it. This is a real PITA for tourists who want to make comparison "value" choices on their visit to BA; nobody knows what anything actually currently costs. You can't even get a restaurant menu online with prices.

I assume that "traslado" deal is per person, so it really only makes sense for solo travellers, right? If you're two persons, it wouldn't seem like the hassle would be worth the modest savings.
Yes the MTL pricing is per person. I typically travel solo when I'm in Argentina so it makes more sense for me and others similarly situated (solo travelers)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:29 pm

Just some more data on Uber. Used it few days ago to get to the city from EZE and it was 722 ARS, on the way back to the airport was 780 ARS.
Uber app states pick up one of the parking lots, but driver picked me up by the parking lot B on the main through road between the airport terminal and parking lot.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Just some more data on Uber. Used it few days ago to get to the city from EZE and it was 722 ARS, on the way back to the airport was 780 ARS.
Uber app states pick up one of the parking lots, but driver picked me up by the parking lot B on the main through road between the airport terminal and parking lot.
Even with Taxi Ezeiza's higher rates, it would seem like Uber doesn't provide much of a bargain from and to the airport. I don't know why any arriving passenger, especially a foreigner, would "risk it" and endure the squirrely pickup for such modest savings. BTW, the Taxi Ezeiza fare TO the EZE airport is only 680 pesos, which would seem tough to beat.

This makes me think I also won't bother with Uber to get around town (especially since I'm not sure my cellphone will even work, and it doesn't seem like temporary SIM cards are that cheap). As I previously asked, does anyone have a favorite radio taxi company these days?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
As I previously asked, does anyone have a favorite radio taxi company these days?
I take whomever is rolling down the street. I don't recall the last time I "called" for a taxi.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I take whomever is rolling down the street. I don't recall the last time I "called" for a taxi.
So no real safety/rip-off-fare concerns these days?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As I previously asked, does anyone have a favorite radio taxi company these days?
My wife has always insisted on flagging down only those that say 'Radio Taxi' on them. During daylight hours in the centre of the city she has relaxed that rule over recent years but still insists on it at night which I tend to agree on. They do seem to have a 'better class' of driver.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My wife has always insisted on flagging down only those that say 'Radio Taxi' on them. During daylight hours in the centre of the city she has relaxed that rule over recent years but still insists on it at night which I tend to agree on. They do seem to have a 'better class' of driver.
think your wife went to the same school as mine . I am still not allowed to choose the taxi when we are out together !

most radio taxi companies have some sort of vetting . Our personal favorite is Premium - they also have a decent app which allows you to book cabs on your cell phone
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by malagajohn
think your wife went to the same school as mine . I am still not allowed to choose the taxi when we are out together !
I wonder if it's just a habit locals of a certain age keep practising? Since coming here she's always been filling my head with all sorts of personal security related rules I should obey.

On the whole I've found all BA taxi drivers to be decent.^
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no real safety/rip-off-fare concerns these days?
After countless rides over the past decade, I've had one very false meter, and maybe a couple of drivers that wanted to try the bill switcheroo. I'd say that most taxis I take have some sort of "Radio" name on them.

As far as currency ripoffs these days, remember that the worst thing that can happen is you end up with a phony $100, which isn't exactly a tragedy. Route issues? I don't know. They know I know where I'm going, and sometimes will even ask if it is ok to go a certain way over another (that might be faster but slightly longer).
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
The easiest way to show your driver where your destination is, is to show them your destination on your cell phone. That can be very helpful for drivers who are not familiar with the city, or may be tempted to cheat you. If you're taking a taxi/remise from the airport, the driver might use Waze to determine the fastest route to take.

Although I have an apartment in a well known location (near the racecourse and polo fields), it's helpful to the driver to get into the approximate area from whence I can direct them.

Late at night you'll most likely take the first cab that appears on the street, and if you're on a main thoroughfare you'll likely be taken by a direct routing.

With Uber of course there's not these kind of concerns.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Haven’t heard of any bad stories regarding taxis over the last few years. The main issue with taxis these days are the “new” drivers, mostly Venezuelans, who don’t know the city. Not a big problem as long as you know the way to your destination or you don’t mind them using Waze.

On another topic, I was at EZE Terminal C this week and noticed a fast-track lane at immigration for Aerolíneas Argentinas’ business class and élite passengers. It was closed when I was there (around noon) and immigration was empty anyway, but it’s the first time I hear of fast-tracks at EZE.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio
Haven’t heard of any bad stories regarding taxis over the last few years. The main issue with taxis these days are the “new” drivers, mostly Venezuelans, who don’t know the city. Not a big problem as long as you know the way to your destination or you don’t mind them using Waze.
... or you don't mind them attempting to turn into a 'closed for construction' street that is well-marked, but they're looking at their GPS directions.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:10 am

The most recent update

The most recent update on the rates EZE-City of Buenos Aires

1)Tienda Leon bus ( EZE- Madero) 240 pesos
2)Tienda Leon bus+traslado ( EZE-Madero-hotel) 310 pesos
3)AR Bus ( EZE-various stops at the city-AEP) 200 pesos
4)Tienda Leon taxi ( EZE-City) 950 pesos
5)Taxi Ezeiza ( EZE- City) 780 pesos
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:55 am

That is not the menu for La Cabrera Buenos Aires. While the prices are on the high side, the cost of any of the steaks are no where near the prices shown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.