Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Marambio

Between 16 and 23kg, it’s 750 ARS (17 USD approx), payable at the airport upon checking in. Bags heavier than 23kg they can refuse to check-in.

A few anecdotes don’t make a dataset but they seem to be stricter with luggage weight on flights operated with Embraers (the flight number usually starts with AR2xxx).
Many thanks. That is very helpful.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Going down to Argentina in a few weeks and my wife has decided she wants to go to Mendoza. Looking at options -- there is a 1215pm flight out of EZE on Aerolineas Argentina that's running $60. We are scheduled to land off AA 931 around 9am.

Is that enough time to make the transfer? We'll be flying J on AA 931 and I am ST Elite Plus (DL Plat) if that makes any difference.

I do have EF alerts on the MIA - SCL flight since that would be easier (and then we could just add a tag leg on LATAM to get all the way to MDZ) but unfortunately no J space at the moment and doesn't appear like LATAM is running anything EZE - MDZ, all their flights are out of AEP which would be a bigger hassle than what I'm asking about above.

We would have checked bags (for bringing wine home among other things )
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Have you liked at SCL - MDZ?

Both Sky and LATAM fly direct...
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Have you liked at SCL - MDZ?

Both Sky and LATAM fly direct...
Yeah if AA award space opens that's what we'll do but at the moment unfortunately our award ticket is to EZE (this change was a late decision -- we leave at the end of August) so have to work with what I've got (no saver J space to SCL on DL / AA / UA / LATAM at the moment) or take the hit and fly Y

Last edited by Duke787; Aug 4, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Going down to Argentina in a few weeks and my wife has decided she wants to go to Mendoza. Looking at options -- there is a 1215pm flight out of EZE on Aerolineas Argentina that's running $60. We are scheduled to land off AA 931 around 9am.

Is that enough time to make the transfer? We'll be flying J on AA 931 and I am ST Elite Plus (DL Plat) if that makes any difference.

I do have EF alerts on the MIA - SCL flight since that would be easier (and then we could just add a tag leg on LATAM to get all the way to MDZ) but unfortunately no J space at the moment and doesn't appear like LATAM is running anything EZE - MDZ, all their flights are out of AEP which would be a bigger hassle than what I'm asking about above.

Say you land at 9am, you should be finished with immigration and customs at 10am-ish, then it's a 5-10 min walk to Terminal C, and bag-drop for domestic flights doesn't close until 50 minutes before departure, plus you get the SkyPriority lane as a DL Plat -- provided your AA flight is on time, I think your connection is more than doable.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio
Say you land at 9am, you should be finished with immigration and customs at 10am-ish, then it's a 5-10 min walk to Terminal C, and bag-drop for domestic flights doesn't close until 50 minutes before departure, plus you get the SkyPriority lane as a DL Plat -- provided your AA flight is on time, I think your connection is more than doable.
Okay cool -- may go ahead and just buy it then (for $60 it's a low price gamble) and if the award space opens for MIA/DFW/JFK - SCL will switch it up but otherwise will go this direction.

Looks like if I book a RT MDZ - SCL - MDZ, I can maintain favorable pricing on the LATAM portion for heading on to SCL (2nd half of our trip) and put the return far into the future for use as appropriate
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:10 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
How long is your total trip for...? Maybe a better alternative to enduring Y is to keep your J seats to EZE and double dip visiting both Buenos Aires and Mendoza...?

Originally Posted by Duke787

Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Just a quick heads up because EZE arrivals are a bit of a nightmare because of the construction.

I was there this morning incoming from JFK and, while immigration and customs were fine (possibly because our AA 953 arrived with its traditional 2 hour delay, so we got there after the morning rush hour had ended), the exit from arrivals to the parking lot is closed and the only way out of the airport is through the departures area at Terminal A. The Taxi Ezeiza booth has also been moved from its usual location to a newer one next to the McDonald's.

The new terminal is due to be inaugurated in one or two months, so expect more changes in the coming weeks.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:25 am

Question How to find a Condo / Apartment from the US?

My partner and I will be visiting in March, for pretty much the entire month. We'd like to find a furnished rental for the month. Someplace large so that we may invite family/friends to join us throughout the trip. While we're travelling like king and queen, we are doing so with mileage-based tickets and would prefer to save our hard-earned cash for food and activities, and so would love to find something priced reasonably. Some questions, and of course feel free to add your own input:
  • Is there an local, off-gringo-radar craigslist type of thing I ought to check out?
  • What's a reasonable rate to expect to pay, based on others' experience? I scoured this thread, but didn't find many specifics...
  • Is it too soon to be searching for such a place for March? Obviously it's not too soon for Airbnb and the vacation rental sites I found, but we're trying to spend a fair bit less than these demand...
Thanks!!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by jnagar
My partner and I will be visiting in March, for pretty much the entire month. We'd like to find a furnished rental for the month. Someplace large so that we may invite family/friends to join us throughout the trip. While we're travelling like king and queen, we are doing so with mileage-based tickets and would prefer to save our hard-earned cash for food and activities, and so would love to find something priced reasonably. Some questions, and of course feel free to add your own input:
  • Is there an local, off-gringo-radar craigslist type of thing I ought to check out?
  • What's a reasonable rate to expect to pay, based on others' experience? I scoured this thread, but didn't find many specifics...
  • Is it too soon to be searching for such a place for March? Obviously it's not too soon for Airbnb and the vacation rental sites I found, but we're trying to spend a fair bit less than these demand...
Thanks!!
Try this site:

https://m.zonaprop.com.ar/

Use Temporal and the area where you want to stay.. Good luck and let us know how you make out…
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Try this site:

https://m.zonaprop.com.ar/

Use Temporal and the area where you want to stay.. Good luck and let us know how you make out…
YES: this is far more my speed. Still gets pretty pricey on there, but there are certainly more economical options on there. I wonder if you have any experience using this site, and if there's a 'typical' rental period minimum with folks of this ilk?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:55 am

As anyone had experience making changes to a Club Economy ticket with Aerolineas? I bought 2 Club Economy tickets a couple months ago because of the additional luggage allowance & because It stated that changes would be allowed. Our flight is not until the end of January. When I tried to make a change using the page specifically for changes, it states that changes are not allowed for my reservation. I've been on hold for over 1 1/2 hr without even an agent answering the line or any automatic messages telling me approximately how long my wait would be.

Has anyone had experience changing the date/time of a Club Economy ticket?

Has anyone had any success even reaching an agent on the phone? how about using email?

They open up an additional flight on the day of our travel & that time of departure would be better for us so I want to change to that earlier flight. Fare is the same as what I have paid.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mjoeroy
As anyone had experience making changes to a Club Economy ticket with Aerolineas? I bought 2 Club Economy tickets a couple months ago because of the additional luggage allowance & because It stated that changes would be allowed. Our flight is not until the end of January. When I tried to make a change using the page specifically for changes, it states that changes are not allowed for my reservation. I've been on hold for over 1 1/2 hr without even an agent answering the line or any automatic messages telling me approximately how long my wait would be.

Has anyone had experience changing the date/time of a Club Economy ticket?

Has anyone had any success even reaching an agent on the phone? how about using email?

They open up an additional flight on the day of our travel & that time of departure would be better for us so I want to change to that earlier flight. Fare is the same as what I have paid.
Some of those tickets are restricted (i.e., not full fare) and some are unrestricted. You'll need to read the fare rules of your fare basis.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:00 am

Connecting in EZE

Quick question. I am landing in EZE at 11:20am via United (Star Alliance) and have a domestic flight I want to take at 12:00pm to El Calafate, FTE via Aerolinas Argentinas (Sky Team). I am NOT checking any bags. I know I have to go through immigration/customs, but do I have to get back in security line as if I just gotten to the airport? Just trying to see if this is at all possible, or a complete waste of time. TIA!
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bgallthat1
Quick question. I am landing in EZE at 11:20am via United (Star Alliance) and have a domestic flight I want to take at 12:00pm to El Calafate, FTE via Aerolinas Argentinas (Sky Team). I am NOT checking any bags. I know I have to go through immigration/customs, but do I have to get back in security line as if I just gotten to the airport? Just trying to see if this is at all possible, or a complete waste of time. TIA!
Not at all possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.