Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I think these are some local airport improvement type taxes similar to what some airports charge separately in New Zealand. It won't be the Argentina departure tax that Eastbay1K was talking about.
Okay but be prepared that some fees may be payable at some airports prior to being allowed to enter security screening.

BTW liquids are allowed on all internal Argentine flights on AR. What a relief!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by superkev49
Hello,

I am travelling to EZE with British Airways and due to land at 8.20am in the morning. I then am booked on the flight from EZE leaving at 10.10am, so about 2 hours later. Do you think that I am likely to make the connection in time, given I have to get through customs, passports and then get from terminal A to terminal C? One plus I have is that I am travelling business class so should be one of the first off the plane and luggage should be priority tagged.

I would be very grateful for your experience. If we miss it, I guess we'll have to change airport and fly from AEP to Mendoza?

Advice appreciated!

Kevin.
If you are on time, you should be fine. If your flight does come in a little late, I suggest you speak to the purser and see if they can radio BA ground staff to assist you upon arrival. Not sure how flexible BA is with premium cabin pax but it doesnt hurt to ask. If they want to, they can get AA2000 (the EZE operator) to expedite your immigration/customs formalites and have a Golf Cart waiting for you to transfer to the other terminal, etc. Not saying that BA will do this, just saying that it can be done.

Good luck !!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:37 am

Lounge with shower at EZE

This thread is fantastic, but unfortunately couldn't find an answer to my question. Maybe I need to search better!

Anyway, I am flying into EZE just for a day of meetings. Arriving in the morning and leaving in the evening. Does anyone know if any of the lounges at the airport have showers? Also, what is the best way to access the lounge from arrivals?

As I am flying business on AA and leaving on the same day, I will probably have my outbound boarding pass with me. I am assuming this would allow me to go to the departure area without going through immigration and customs if needed.

Thanks!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles
Originally Posted by msbj
...Does anyone know if any of the lounges at the airport have showers? Also, what is the best way to access the lounge from arrivals?

As I am flying business on AA and leaving on the same day, I will probably have my outbound boarding pass with me. I am assuming this would allow me to go to the departure area without going through immigration and customs if needed...
Not sure if its in this specific thread, but its been discussed before in various threads here and in some of the airline forums. The answer to your first question is that none of the airline lounges have showers, I think your best bet would be to reserve a hotel room. The answer to your implied second question is that no, you will not be able to go from the arrivals hall to the lounges. All of the lounges are in the secured departures area, after immigration, and at EZE departures and arrivals are segregated.

I can't believe you're going to fly in from the US and conduct business meetings the day you arrive, you'll be tired and have difficulty concentrating unless you're some sort of superhuman cyborg I've flown internationally on business close to 100 times and only once have I tried to do what you are doing, it was a miserable disaster but fortunately my client was understanding and the trip was a week long, so I made up for my lackluster performance on subsequent days. In other words, I encourage you to change your plans and arrive a day early so that you get a good night of sleep.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The AMEX lounge used to have a grotty shower although whether it's still there after the refurbishment I do not know.

The point is moot anyway as KurtD said you would have to go back airside to get to the lounges which means going through immigration again. Not sure if there are any public showers available landside...I would guess not.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The AMEX lounge used to have a grotty shower although whether it's still there after the refurbishment I do not know.

The point is moot anyway as KurtD said you would have to go back airside to get to the lounges which means going through immigration again. Not sure if there are any public showers available landside...I would guess not.
You mean the Duchas Para Todos plan is not yet effective?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by KurtD
Not sure if its in this specific thread, but its been discussed before in various threads here and in some of the airline forums. The answer to your first question is that none of the airline lounges have showers, I think your best bet would be to reserve a hotel room. The answer to your implied second question is that no, you will not be able to go from the arrivals hall to the lounges. All of the lounges are in the secured departures area, after immigration, and at EZE departures and arrivals are segregated.

I can't believe you're going to fly in from the US and conduct business meetings the day you arrive, you'll be tired and have difficulty concentrating unless you're some sort of superhuman cyborg I've flown internationally on business close to 100 times and only once have I tried to do what you are doing, it was a miserable disaster but fortunately my client was understanding and the trip was a week long, so I made up for my lackluster performance on subsequent days. In other words, I encourage you to change your plans and arrive a day early so that you get a good night of sleep.
Thanks KurtD. I know how tiring it is, but unfortunately it is my only option (at least for the moment). Based on the responses, I will probably be better off heading to a hotel.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You mean the Duchas Para Todos plan is not yet effective?
You must know something I don't?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
You must know something I don't?
its clear that anything para todos no sirve para un carajo.....

unless of course its about making a couple of bozos of the K regime get filthy rich...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
its clear that anything para todos no sirve para un carajo.....
What? You mean I should rethink my chocolate para todos campaign? It seems to be having the desired result. Now if it could only make me insanely rich.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

......????
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Question Manuel Tienda León booking "pending"?

Last week I booked online a "remis" via Manuel Tienda León for my arrival in Buenos Aires next week. The booking was showing as "pending" so I used the "contact us" form to enquire on the weekend and I've not got a response as yet. I've had no email confirmations, but the booking is listed in my account as pending.

Is this normal for the booking to show as pending for this long?

(I looked at the the other service recommended SilverStar(?) and it actually says he's on holiday for several weeks!)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by dddc
Last week I booked online a "remis" via Manuel Tienda León for my arrival in Buenos Aires next week. The booking was showing as "pending" so I used the "contact us" form to enquire on the weekend and I've not got a response as yet. I've had no email confirmations, but the booking is listed in my account as pending.

Is this normal for the booking to show as pending for this long?

(I looked at the the other service recommended SilverStar(?) and it actually says he's on holiday for several weeks!)
I wouldn't worry too much.....things can be slow here. Even if you don't hear anything before you leave Manuel Tienda León have a desk at arrivals IIRC so if you have your print out with you they'll sort you out.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I wouldn't worry too much.....things can be slow here. Even if you don't hear anything before you leave Manuel Tienda León have a desk at arrivals IIRC so if you have your print out with you they'll sort you out.
Thanks Hiddy. I'll be a bit disappointed if I have to do that. I was hoping to be met with my name on a placard, not having to queue up at a desk. That's what I thought I'd paid part of the "premium" for!!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dddc
Thanks Hiddy. I'll be a bit disappointed if I have to do that. I was hoping to be met with my name on a placard, not having to queue up at a desk. That's what I thought I'd paid part of the "premium" for!!
The desks rarely have any sort of queue, and the desks are located inside, before the area where people are standing with placards. In any event, that area is a zoo, so you are better off with the current set up. This is, unless, there's some sort of extra special premium service that we're not aware of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.