Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Let's not turn this forum into a place for posting anti Government/AR propaganda.....you may well be right but it gets boring and is of little interest to our visitors.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Let's not turn this forum into a place for posting anti Government/AR propaganda.....you may well be right but it gets boring and is of little interest to our visitors.
Agreed, I will contact the poster.... ^
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold
Bus 8 from EZE

Anyone have a recent experience taking the bus from EZE to central Buenos Aires? Is it a mistake to try public transport from EZE to the Sheraton Libertador?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by greydog
Anyone have a recent experience taking the bus from EZE to central Buenos Aires? Is it a mistake to try public transport from EZE to the Sheraton Libertador?
If you have 2 hours to spare, coins for the machine and no large suitcases (I think they are prohibited) its not a mistake but the Manuel Tienda Leon Bus is only 85 Pesos with the hotel drop off. So you only save 80 Pesos or so and depending on how/where you obtain your Pesos that can be as little as $US13
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:49 am

No lesser form of transport than the MTL bus should be used.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:12 am

meeting place at EZE?

Never been to EZE. I'm arriving on AA from MIA and my brother is coming in from IAH on UA. Where is a convenient and easy place to meet? Our flights are scheduled to arrive at the same time. I won't have a working phone on arrival.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lotusfla
Never been to EZE. I'm arriving on AA from MIA and my brother is coming in from IAH on UA. Where is a convenient and easy place to meet? Our flights are scheduled to arrive at the same time. I won't have a working phone on arrival.
At baggage claim it's not a bad place to meet.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: AA since 1998, 1.96 M miles
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
At baggage claim it's not a bad place to meet.
The problem with that idea is that they could arrive in different terminals.

lotusfla, you guys will probably land at the same terminal and be directed to the same immigration, baggage, and customs areas but its possible that you'll be split up. There are several routes for incoming international passengers at EZE, but normally both UA and AA flights are handled in terminal A http://www.aa2000.com.ar/images/planos/plano-eze.jpg. Even in terminal A, there are 2 different paths through immigration etc, and until you get past customs there aren't any comfortable places to sit and wait. I suggest that you guys meet at McDonalds in terminal A, there's only one location and they offer coffee, pastries and other breakfast foods in the morning when those flights from the US normally arrive. After you guys find one another you can head back towards the terminal to speak to the staff at one of the chauffeured car service desks, called "remises" in Argentina.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by KurtD
I suggest that you guys meet at McDonalds in terminal A,
As good a place as any.....especially if either flight arrives late.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:59 pm

meeting place at EZE

thanks for the replies..McDonalds it shall be.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by lotusfla
thanks for the replies..McDonalds it shall be.
It's really a McCafe rather than a McDonalds. You can't miss it though it faces on to the main pick up/drop off outside the main terminal.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by greydog
I always take the bus when I go to/from EZE (most recently two weeks ago). It's absolutely fine - the only negative is that it takes a loooong time. But it's incredibly cheap.

The only problem you might face (other than the length of the trip) is that the bus will go down Hipólito Yrigoyen when you get into the center of BA, while your hotel (if Google Maps is correct) is on Córdoba. Without luggage, the walk would only be about 10 minutes if you got off at Avda. 9 de Julio, but if you have more than a carry-on sized suitcase, it might be tiring.

You could always take the bus to 9 de Julio and then get on the Subte for 1-2 stops so you can get closer to the hotel.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AS,AA,CO
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I always take the bus when I go to/from EZE (most recently two weeks ago). It's absolutely fine - the only negative is that it takes a loooong time. But it's incredibly cheap.

The only problem you might face (other than the length of the trip) is that the bus will go down Hipólito Yrigoyen when you get into the center of BA, while your hotel (if Google Maps is correct) is on Córdoba. Without luggage, the walk would only be about 10 minutes if you got off at Avda. 9 de Julio, but if you have more than a carry-on sized suitcase, it might be tiring.

You could always take the bus to 9 de Julio and then get on the Subte for 1-2 stops so you can get closer to the hotel.

I just used this bus yesterday to get to a pointsbreaks stay at the EZE Holiday Inn (it is actually in Ciudad Evita) and it worked out great. 80 pesos savings is 80 pesos. Depending on where you are headed, You can also transfer buses at Liniers if you don't want to take the subte and save 50 centavos. I highly recommend picking up a bolsillo (pocket) Guía T, it has great maps for BA proper.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by TheYGuy
I just used this bus yesterday to get to a pointsbreaks stay at the EZE Holiday Inn (it is actually in Ciudad Evita) and it worked out great. 80 pesos savings is 80 pesos. Depending on where you are headed, You can also transfer buses at Liniers if you don't want to take the subte and save 50 centavos. I highly recommend picking up a bolsillo (pocket) Guía T, it has great maps for BA proper.
How was that hotel? It's puzzled me that it's been open for business for almost a year but still looks like it's under construction. Also, is there *anything* to do or eat in that area? I have to say Ciudad Evita doesn't exactly look like a happening place...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
How was that hotel? It's puzzled me that it's been open for business for almost a year but still looks like it's under construction. Also, is there *anything* to do or eat in that area? I have to say Ciudad Evita doesn't exactly look like a happening place...
You are confusing "under construction" with "sustainable ventilation systems"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.