Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Lounges as of 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
I am flying out shortly. I am Business Elite, have Priority Pass, and have Amex regular Platinum. Which lounge should I visit? It sounds like 3 are available to me.
Hey BostonGuy! to start, I wouldn't bother going to the AR lounge (from DL BusinessElite). Their food offering consists in "Sanguches D' Miga" (cheap sandwiches). From what others suggested, I'd try the Amex lounge first and if this one is full/you don't like the food offerings try to Star Alliance one (Priority Pass access). You can see pics of these lounges in the first thread and more if you hit the links provided on the Header of each Lounge (the "click").
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I tried the Centurion lounge and the *A lounge this past week. Was way more impressed with the *A lounge actually. It was less crowded and had better food, IMO. Food in the terminal is surprisingly bleak so I was happy you could scrounge together a decent meal before the flight.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by adambadam
I tried the Centurion lounge and the *A lounge this past week. Was way more impressed with the *A lounge actually. It was less crowded and had better food, IMO. Food in the terminal is surprisingly bleak so I was happy you could scrounge together a decent meal before the flight.
What time were you in the *A lounge? The 2 times I was in there (prior to the UA flight time, but I wasn't on UA) the food selection was bleak. The wine selection improved on the second visit.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:03 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I visited both the Centurion Lounge and the Aerolineas Condor Lounge, which were across the hall from each other.

The Centurion Lounge was nice and the food was marginally better - not anything epic - little mini ham and turkey sandwiches on biscuits, bread sticks, chive dip, Freddo ice cream (nice touch). They did have sparkling wine on New Years Eve whereas the Aerolineas Condor lounge did not.

The pre-packaged sandwiches at Aerolineas Condor lounge did look pretty darned bleak.

Upside of the Aerolineas Condor lounge was that it was HUGE and the back room (keep on walking...) is mostly empty. (The Centurion lounge went from poshly comfortable to comfortably crowded as flight time approached.) In the very back of the Condor lounge are 4-5 super-nice electronic massage chairs and two shower rooms.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Was either of you in the Centurion lounge before November as well? Can you report on what was refurbished while the lounge was closed in November?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First impressions of AX lounge -
(the plebeian side)

A nice space, with a warm reception. I liked the space better than the other 3 newer lounges that I have visited.

F&B not as good as LAN. Bubbles were Chandon (Argentina) which is fine enough. Wine selection - there was one red and one white.

We spent some time at AX, then LAN. Both have Apple computers for your use. The AX printer was not working.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
First impressions of AX lounge -
(the plebeian side)

A nice space, with a warm reception. I liked the space better than the other 3 newer lounges that I have visited.

F&B not as good as LAN. Bubbles were Chandon (Argentina) which is fine enough. Wine selection - there was one red and one white.

We spent some time at AX, then LAN. Both have Apple computers for your use. The AX printer was not working.
How crowded was it? there were even waiting lines in December to access it .. it all was supposed to change as of Jan 1st when many cards stopped getting free access.

If the ("plebeian" side") lounge stays the same as it was before the November maintenance closures, then LAN's lounge is a bit better than the Centurion Lounge from Amex. Both are still great choices, and I'd choose depending on how full they are, first checking the LANs one.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tuchop
How crowded was it? there were even waiting lines in December to access it .. it all was supposed to change as of Jan 1st when many cards stopped getting free access.

If the ("plebeian" side") lounge stays the same as it was before the November maintenance closures, then LAN's lounge is a bit better than the Centurion Lounge from Amex. Both are still great choices, and I'd choose depending on how full they are, first checking the LANs one.
At 5pm yesterday, it was fairly empty.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In all honesty, IMO the AR/SkyTeam lounge at EZE isn't bad either. It just has impossibly bad wifi.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For my next trip, I'm contemplating a "treat" and going to the special AX lounge. Have you been in since your original visit? As you know, in EZE, LAN doesn't serve the usual Roederer, so the only very good lounge bubbles would be the AX Voov Klikow (not that LAN's Baron B is bad). That, plus a shot of JW Blue and a cooked meal (prior to what will likely be an unsatisfying AA F dinner) sound like it is worth $50.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
For my next trip, I'm contemplating a "treat" and going to the special AX lounge. Have you been in since your original visit? As you know, in EZE, LAN doesn't serve the usual Roederer, so the only very good lounge bubbles would be the AX Voov Klikow (not that LAN's Baron B is bad). That, plus a shot of JW Blue and a cooked meal (prior to what will likely be an unsatisfying AA F dinner) sound like it is worth $50.
I've been there several times. Every time there were very good dinner offerings (from the menu), awesome snacks and ice cold Veuve Clicquot. It's really another level of Lounge, compared to the others in EZE. LAN's lounge is great but this is highly superior. I had the Roederer a couple of times there.

The only thing that I fear you might have misunderstood is that the Centurion Room, inside The Centurion Lounge, is not U$D50.. its free of charge but you need to have a titanium centurion card (the black amex card), or be a guest of someone who has one.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only thing that I fear you might have misunderstood is that the Centurion Room, inside The Centurion Lounge, is not U$D50.. its free of charge but you need to have a titanium centurion card (the black amex card), or be a guest of someone who has one.
I suppose I did. I thought those who had a Platinum card could buy their way in. Unless you're flying out on the same day as I am, pretty please!

As for the Roederer, LAN hasn't had it in awhile. I'm sure with the import duties, it is just way too expensive to serve in the lounge. It will only get worse, now that Mme K has offended 1.3 billion Chinese.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The JW Blue is not worth paying for. I suspect the lounge food isn't as good as some make it out to be and the LAN bubbles is okay for free.

I reckon your $50 is better staying in your pocket.

Last edited by HIDDY; Feb 8, 2015 at 2:16 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The JW Blue is not worth paying for. I suspect the lounge food isn't as good as some make it out to be and the LAN bubbles is okay for free.

I reckon your $50 is better staying in your pocket.
I repeat, you CAN'T pay $50 to get in this lounge, only Centurion Cardholders (black titanium amex card) and their guests can get in. But in the hypothetical case that you could pay $50 to access this lounge, I think it would be worth it for the Veuve, the Blue Label, the private showers and the menu dinner. But of course, everyone decides what's worth to them.
Here's a sample menu (was the same the last time I visited the lounge).

Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: As reported by Sir Chandler, LAN is now offering $35 (USD) access fees to anyone travelling in either LAN or TAM. This charge can be paid when checking in, and is charged in pesos (that means that they use the official dollar value of that day, without adding the 35%). Great news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.