Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Lounges as of 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by tuchop
EDIT: some minor updates and fixes. Amex lounge will stop allowing Argentine Bank credit cards as of Jan' 2015.
Just two quick notes: Apparently some Argentine bank cards will still be accepted (lounge website says "contact your bank for information"), and youngsters under-16 who are sons/daughters of cardholder are allowed inside provided they are flying with the said cardholder.

IMHO, the Lan lounge is currently the best at EZE. But I still haven't tried the Star Alliance and AA/IB ones.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Marambio
IMHO, the Lan lounge is currently the best at EZE. But I still haven't tried the Star Alliance and AA/IB ones.
It is better than *A and AA.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just two quick notes: Apparently some Argentine bank cards will still be accepted (lounge website says "contact your bank for information"), and youngsters under-16 who are sons/daughters of cardholder are allowed inside provided they are flying with the said cardholder.

Does it beat the special Centurion lounge within the AmEx lounge?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hey Marambio!As far as I know, all banks will be dropped and no (bank) cards will be accepted. Remember this is as of January 2015, so some cards might still enter during December. If you know of a Bank who is still going to be accepted, let me know please! Don't guide yourself from the lounge website, because they don't update it that often (the "Closing during November" message is still there, and the lounge opened again 10 days ago).
I'll add the guest policy now. Platinum and Centurion cardholders can bring 1 free guest, and their 16-and-younger kids. For kids older than that, just get them an extension of your platinum or centurion card, which is free in Argentina. That way you also get them covered for medical insurance when travelling, which is also until they are 16.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does it beat the special Centurion lounge within the AmEx lounge?
The Centurion Room, inside the Amex Centurion Lounge is the best Lounge in Ezeiza. More private than the LAN one, and definitely offers better food. There's a link on the main page of this thread (on the Centurion Lounge part), where you can see some pics of the menu, snacks and drinks they offer.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EDIT: some minor updates and fixes. Amex lounge will stop allowing Argentine Bank credit cards as of Jan' 2015.
Do you know if a US-based Platinum card permits a guest at no additional cost?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Do you know if a US-based Platinum card permits a guest at no additional cost?
Hey Eastbay1k! As far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem accessing with a guest with an International Platinum Card.. The lounge's site doesn't provide information about this, but I assume all platinum cards have the same "value" to amex.
I'll be visiting the lounge in late January, I could ask for you if you want.
Did you check in the amex site? Once logged in, under benefits or somewhere in the site?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey Eastbay1k! As far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem accessing with a guest with an International Platinum Card.. The lounge's site doesn't provide information about this, but I assume all platinum cards have the same "value" to amex.
I'll be visiting the lounge in late January, I could ask for you if you want.
Did you check in the amex site? Once logged in, under benefits or somewhere in the site?
I'll be there before you The only thing I found referred to the US clubs (which include the guest). The "worst case" is that we'll hang out in the LAN lounge, but I'm curious to visit another place.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I'll be there before you The only thing I found referred to the US clubs (which include the guest). The "worst case" is that we'll hang out in the LAN lounge, but I'm curious to visit another place.
It would be great if you could report back about this, so we keep the info added in this thread!
And if you can take your guest, tell us how you compare the AMEX to the LAN lounge. From what I've heard, people prefer LAN's lounge to the Centurion one (the platinum part). I haven't visited the platinum part, but will do in January.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:46 pm

I've been to the Amex lounge within the past month and was able to bring my wife and son into the lounge with my US platinum card. No questions asked or extra charge.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djefvert
I've been to the Amex lounge within the past month and was able to bring my wife and son into the lounge with my US platinum card. No questions asked or extra charge.
Thanks for the info! What was your impression of the place?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info! What was your impression of the place?
For me it is the best lounge that I've been to at EZE. I've been to AA, LAN and Star Alliance Lounges. After Amex, my preference is the Star Alliance, then LAN then AA lounges.

Amex is good size, crowded when I was there but there were always seats available and a great selection of food/drinks. Definitely worth the visit!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djefvert
For me it is the best lounge that I've been to at EZE. I've been to AA, LAN and Star Alliance Lounges. After Amex, my preference is the Star Alliance, then LAN then AA lounges.

Amex is good size, crowded when I was there but there were always seats available and a great selection of food/drinks. Definitely worth the visit!
Thanks for the info djefvert! It's really useful.
The Amex lounge's big room is the only lounge I still have to visit in EZE. I'll be doing that in February.
My rank at the moment would be: Amex Centurion Room, LAN, Amex normal Lounge, Star Alliance, AA2000, AA/IB, AR.

Last edited by tuchop; Jan 8, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: Free agent!
Flew out on the night of the 29th and by the time I found the Centurion Lounge, they were just placing a sign in front of the lounge saying that it was at capacity and to visit them on another trip. Perhaps the holiday season had something to do with it as more cardholders are travelling with their families?

Anyway, a bit disappointing, so I headed down to the AA/IB lounge which was fine, except that it had a ton of people in it. Not to full capacity but it definitely took a moment or two to find seating. Self serve alcohol (but no fernet in Argentina!?), two hot dishes (mashed potatoes and some rice thing) and some other warm things in a case. Besides that, they had vegetable sticks, olives, cold cut meats, cold sandwiches, etc. Seemed like a decent lounge but certainly not a place I'd purposely show up early to enjoy. My JFK flight left from gate 2, so the lounge was way better than hanging out down there.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Flew out on the night of the 29th and by the time I found the Centurion Lounge, they were just placing a sign in front of the lounge saying that it was at capacity and to visit them on another trip. Perhaps the holiday season had something to do with it as more cardholders are travelling with their families?
I'm sorry to hear that, kevincrumbs! The Lounge's capacity problems should be solved as of tomorrow, Jan 1st. Since all credit cards issued by Argentine banks (amex cards), won't be welcomed for free any more, I'd say probably 1/3+ of the people in the lounge that day are not going to be accepted for free any longer as of tomorrow. And of course holiday season is a factor as well. The lounge was reported full very often this year, so we'll have to wait and see if these restrictions are the solution.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:12 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I am flying out shortly. I am Business Elite, have Priority Pass, and have Amex regular Platinum. Which lounge should I visit? It sounds like 3 are available to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.