Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moynihan Train Hall [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Here is a map showing the entrance from 8th ave (across from west side of MSG). Once you entered, just walk straight in and there is a set of escalators that bring you to the lounge.

entry marked with blue X
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
So when I come out of the E train, can I access the waiting area where the old Solari board (RIP sob) used to be? Or is that now a thing of the past? I just don't want to spend 20 minutes wandering the bowels of Penn Station trying to find a transit employee to tell me where to go. You'd think signage would make this sort of thing clear, but this is NYC, so....
There is a nice new Amtrak waiting area in Moynihan hall. New seats with power and USB outlets and free WiFi. Much nicer than Penn.
Old May 4, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
The Aramark manager told me this week they have "'passed" the community hearing. The license process takes a number of months, so he estimated around mid-summer.
I managed to find time to get to the lounge recently, and they said they now have the liquor license. But they will won't begin to serve til late June or July. They are still discussing the potential menu and alcohol selection.
wxguy and rittenhousesq like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by stimpy
I managed to find time to get to the lounge recently, and they said they now have the liquor license. But they will won't begin to serve til late June or July. They are still discussing the potential menu and alcohol selection.
I'll see if my June 23rd trip makes the cut!
Old May 5, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Does anyone know if one can purchase a Metropolitan Lounge membership? Or is the only way to access with an appropriate fare class ticket or Select+ status?
Old May 7, 2021, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by physioprof
Does anyone know if one can purchase a Metropolitan Lounge membership? Or is the only way to access with an appropriate fare class ticket or Select+ status?
You can redeem GuestRewards points for lounge passes--10,000 points for a pack of five. That might actually be a reasonable deal if you can use all of them at Moynihan's Metropolitan Lounge.

Incidentally, that page also lists a much cheaper rate for one-class upgrades, just 5,000 points for four. Is that supposed to reflect your lower odds of using them now that Amtrak is selling upgrades via BidUp?
Old May 7, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DCA writer
You can redeem GuestRewards points for lounge passes--10,000 points for a pack of five. That might actually be a reasonable deal if you can use all of them at Moynihan's Metropolitan Lounge.

Incidentally, that page also lists a much cheaper rate for one-class upgrades, just 5,000 points for four. Is that supposed to reflect your lower odds of using them now that Amtrak is selling upgrades via BidUp?
If you click "Show more" on the upgrades the price shows up as 10,000 points, but then if you click "redeem" it once again shows 5,000 points. Hmm...

On the other hand, if you click "Show more" on the Passes, it shows 5,000 points.

I would value an Acela First upgrade at at least $50-75, so if 5,000 points is the true cost I think that would be very fair.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm booked on the Crescent this summer. Should I buy food in Penn Station, or are there places to get a sandwich in the new Moynihan Hall.?
Old May 8, 2021, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I'm booked on the Crescent this summer. Should I buy food in Penn Station, or are there places to get a sandwich in the new Moynihan Hall.?
Ask again this summer. I think much of Penn could be closed for construction work and this new hall may have some food outlets open by then. Or grab food from one of the 50 fast food places nearby.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by River in Sight
On the other hand, if you click "Show more" on the Passes, it shows 5,000 points.

But if you click redeem it show 10,000. Next question is will 10K or 5K be deducted when you confirm redemption.

They can either mail you the passes or send it electronically. Can you give these passes away?
Old May 9, 2021, 11:41 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm "flying" Amtrak today ALB-NYP, in a sleeper car. Will my "same day" sleeper car ticket get me access to check out the new Metropolitan Lounge at Moynihan Train Hall, or is a departing same-day ticket required?

I live right across the street from the station but have not had the opportunity to visit this lounge. (I used to stop in at the old ClubAcela all the time using my United Club membership when flying Amtrak, but sadly, that relationship has ended.)
Old May 9, 2021, 11:48 am

Also: anyone know what this outdoor space under construction is? I was hoping outdoor waiting room or Metropolitan lounge space, but I'm hearing it's a terrace for Facebook office workers...

Old May 9, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Also: anyone know what this outdoor space under construction is? I was hoping outdoor waiting room or Metropolitan lounge space, but I'm hearing it's a terrace for Facebook office workers...
The Metropolitan lounge is on the other side of the building. It has a very nice terrace, but indoor.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
The Metropolitan lounge is on the other side of the building. It has a very nice terrace, but indoor.
You recognized the orientation of the photo from the appearance of the streets? Good eye!
Old May 9, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
I'm "flying" Amtrak today ALB-NYP, in a sleeper car. Will my "same day" sleeper car ticket get me access to check out the new Metropolitan Lounge at Moynihan Train Hall, or is a departing same-day ticket required?
You should be able to access at NYP when you arrive. The rules state:

”Amtrak passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) in First Class or sleeping car accommodations.”

Sleeper is a great way to make the trip down the Hudson; hope your room is on the water side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.