Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moynihan Train Hall [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I'm currently in the Metropolitan Lounge and the bar still hasn't opened. I was told that the license is still in process and they have no idea when the approval will come through. .
I chatted with the ML manager yesterday, who told me they still don't have the license, nor have heard when they might get it. But he's all ready to go -- has selected the offerings, vendors, etc., and it's just a matter of set-up and a bit of staff training when they get the license.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've been a few times lately and going again tomorrow. I see some more small outlets opening up at the station. Some serve drinks, but non-alcoholic. I asked a small kiosk vendor and they said that the entire Moynihan station is blocked from selling alcohol. You have to walk over to Penn for booze.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by stimpy
I've been a few times lately and going again tomorrow. I see some more small outlets opening up at the station. Some serve drinks, but non-alcoholic. I asked a small kiosk vendor and they said that the entire Moynihan station is blocked from selling alcohol. You have to walk over to Penn for booze.
The manager of the Metropolitan Lounge told me last week he expects their alcohol license to be issued very soon. He's already lined up the vendors, and will be ready to go as soon as the license is approved.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by wxguy
The manager of the Metropolitan Lounge told me last week he expects their alcohol license to be issued very soon. He's already lined up the vendors, and will be ready to go as soon as the license is approved.
Any idea whether it's gonna be cash bar only, or complimentary well drinks?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
Any idea whether it's gonna be cash bar only, or complimentary well drinks?
I believe it's a cash bar. But at the same time, new complimentary food options will be started, such as "tastes" from local restaurants, etc.
physioprof likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I may take a short ride just to check out the ML and use my newly received lounge pass.

dh
Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Hopefully someone will post here once the bar opens so I can plan a trip and utilize the lounge!
wxguy likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:44 pm

The NYP Moynihan Hall Metropolitan Lounge F&B manager told me today he expects the bar to be open on/about December 15. Finally!
rittenhousesq, hi55us and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:11 am

An impressive "Duane Reed by Walgreens" has opened on the west side of the main level, behind the Amtrak ticket office.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks like the bagel place & Chop't are open now or will be very soon. Food hall area still boarded up.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An impressive "Duane Reed by Walgreens" has opened on the west side of the main level, behind the Amtrak ticket office.
Good to know. But the question is do they sell beer or wine?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
The NYP Moynihan Hall Metropolitan Lounge F&B manager told me today he expects the bar to be open on/about December 15. Finally!
I will be passing through on the 15th (Acela F to Silver Star roomette), so I hope to have good news to report!
rittenhousesq and zephyr17 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here in the M lounge today and a bartender GUARANTEED a 12/15 opening of the bar. According to him, it is now set in stone. I probably won't be back til January so I will continue to be patient.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by hhdl
I will be passing through on the 15th (Acela F to Silver Star roomette), so I hope to have good news to report!
Good news is confirmed (except for no booze before 11am, so I will not be able to partake).
beltway likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:06 am
Suspended

Free drinks in Amtrak lounge?

Are the drinks in the Moynihan Amtrak lounge free? If so, I may head there well before my train this weekend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.