Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: All of em...
This is a great deal for the lounge reimbursements!!
I think I'm going to sign up, and encourage friends I'll be traveling with even though I currently have 1 Delta Skyclub pass, & 1 US Airways club pass.

Here's the links that I grabbed from someone's post on MilePoint to sign up:

https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_1002.jsp

Details about lounge & health club reimbursement from their website:
http://www.skyguideclub.com/shopping/partner.aspx?id=48

Last edited by mia; Jun 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm Reason: Cleanup link
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Just got this today from AMEX. What is weird is you click the offer and it sends you to a page that tell you to enter your info for the $200 restaurant certs. There is absolutely no concrete information on what SkyGuide is, just:

Enjoy airport clubrooms, utilize the executive concierge and gain access to more than 20 other club benefits!

Looks like $50 for lounge plus $25 for health. All in all pretty tempting. I wonder how often I could visit the local gym (here in Japan)? My wife buys a day pass for $15 once a week.

Good news! You are among a select group of American Express Cardmembers specifically chosen to receive two $100 Restaurant Certificates* — worth a total value of $200 — just for trying the first 2 months of membership in the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club®. You’ll pay a one-time club processing fee of $2.99 to activate your membership. If you are 100% satisfied, do nothing and your membership will continue at special Cardmember rates.
You are under no obligation to continue... and the two $100 Restaurant Certificates are yours to keep.

As a SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club member, you can visit any airport lounge and we'll reimburse you up to $50.00 on your one-day pass 12 times per year!† And that's just one of many benefits and savings for your travels and when at home — all yours to sample for 2 months!

I will be charged a one-time club processing fee of $2.99. If I enjoy my first 2 months and want to continue receiving the valuable benefits, I will do nothing and $29.95 will be billed to my American Express Card for one year of membership, unless I call to cancel. If satisfied, I will receive continuous annual renewal of my club membership at the then current rate (currently $59.95). All prices are subject to applicable sales tax.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz
Are these restaurant.com certificates worth the trouble?

How long does it generally take to get them?
thanks
Deliver in 4-6 weeks. The new offer is for

http://www.diningdough.com/
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mrs. B got the new offer too. Very tempting assuming it includes any airport club.

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Deliver in 4-6 weeks. The new offer is for

http://www.diningdough.com/
Thanks for the listings. This confirms my intuition that the dining certs are basically useless to me unless I want to blow them on a $100 meal at a non-rated restaurant in my area. Sorry, I'll pass.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I'll certainly take those dining certs off your hands if you don't want them.

I've found a number of decent restaurants that take them, including a great sushi place just down the street from my house.

And I agree with others. This is a great program and it works!

I have no idea how Amex can justify the costs involved, though. But I'm not complaining!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
And I agree with others. This is a great program and it works!

I have no idea how Amex can justify the costs involved, though. But I'm not complaining!
My guess is that the hassle of refunds keeps costs down, otherwise it is hard to believe they'd give you so much for $30-60/yr.

$50 x 12+$25x12=$900 value

Using the health certs overseas might be tricky. Many require cash payment, may not take AMEX, and language may not be English. However I can see using them at Japanese hotels that charge separately for health club/pool access.

Twelve times vs once a month is nice.

Members may receive reimbursement for daily guest passes up to 12 times per calendar year

Members may receive reimbursement for eligible health club visits up to 12 times per calendar year.

Photocopy your submissions and send by certified mail, as the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club will not recognize any submission that is incomplete, illegible,late, lost, damaged, or stolen.

*You must use your American Express Card when paying for these guest passes. Cash or other credit cards invalidates this offer.

Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:14 pm

This website makes prebooking a pass with AMEX possible, but only at 110 airports worldwide. Another poster said they were reimbursed for an online Delta purchase, but I should probably call in just to confirm this website is acceptable. Another question would be whether it is the date of purchase or date of use. T&C say purchase. Of course the receipt will be electronic in that case.

https://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm...tion=home.home

I'd like to know if we can just walk up to any lounge and buy a day pass, and whether we are limited to a ticket on that airline or not.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Did it have your name tied to it? If not, then technically you could give it to someone else (which according to the rules is not allowed), but not sure how they would know
T&C for SkyGuide says "member must be travelling. Name on the ticket must match name on SK membership. Guest pass is not transferable..."

Not really clear what ticket they are talking about. One would assume airline ticket, but there is no request to submit a ticket when claiming reimbursement. Only form, member #, and original receipt.

The new United Club listing has these rules below. Not sure if your name would be on it or not, but regardless it is transferable (under UA rules at least). You might have trouble using 2 at the same day though.

You may purchase United Club one-time passes online for $39 USD. Passes are also available for purchase at United Club airport locations. One-time passes purchased online can be used at any United Club location worldwide.

United Club one-time passes are transferable, so feel free to purchase them for travel companions or as gifts for friends, family or employees.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
My guess is that the hassle of refunds keeps costs down, otherwise it is hard to believe they'd give you so much for $30-60/yr.

$50 x 12+$25x12=$900 value
Just because you'd pay $900 for it does not mean Amex pays that much. Through their relationships either with the lounges directly or with the lounges through Priority Pass I'm sure they get the same per-use rate in this case as when their members enter through other means (Plat/Cent, Amex-obtained PP). Ergo, when the member claims reimbursement from Amex Amex also receives partial reimbursement from the lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I bit on this. There are a couple of local restaurants we like that take these Dining certs, and I have use for a couple of lounge visits over the next couple of months.

Seems TGTBT, but then again so did Ameniti back in the day, and that worked out all right. I guess the point of the club is to get you in with the freebies then try to sell you partner-related things.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:07 pm

Just got this today from AMEX. What is weird is you click the offer and it sends you to a page that tell you to enter your info for the $200 restaurant certs. There is absolutely no concrete information on what SkyGuide is, just:

Enjoy airport clubrooms, utilize the executive concierge and gain access to more than 20 other club benefits!
I just received the same offer as well.

It says up to 12 Lounge visits a year now. Does that means I can use it in a month or still once per month limitation?

Last edited by mia; Oct 24, 2011 at 7:08 am Reason: Formatting
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
It says up to 12 Lounge visits a year now. Does that means I can use it in a month or still once per month limitation?
The only limit is 12 times a year. No limits per month.
At least that how it has worked for me. Just received a check for $100 for two visits to the Admiralsclub within a week

Last edited by mia; Oct 24, 2011 at 7:09 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I got my $50 check for one AA lounge visit. The visit was done while I was a SEP member, but the processing of the refund was done AFTER I cancelled the low cost trial period (which was painless BTW -- just call in to an automated phone line).

It took about 8 wks after sending in the reimbursement request to receive the check.

I did send in the reimbursement paperwork registered USPS.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
This website makes prebooking a pass with AMEX possible, but only at 110 airports worldwide. Another poster said they were reimbursed for an online Delta purchase, but I should probably call in just to confirm this website is acceptable. Another question would be whether it is the date of purchase or date of use. T&C say purchase. Of course the receipt will be electronic in that case.

https://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm...tion=home.home

I'd like to know if we can just walk up to any lounge and buy a day pass, and whether we are limited to a ticket on that airline or not.
That's what I did, walked up and bought an Admiral's club day pass. Reimbursement did not ask for a ticket proof of purchase, although I was flying AA through DFW that day.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
I think not. Start here:

http://www.skyguideonline.com/

..and follow the link on the lefthand side for the Executive Privilege Club

http://www.skyguideclub.com/
I'm still confused about this since the website is not really clear. Are you automatically a member if you subscribe to the sky guide timetables or do you have to pay $200 extra to join the privilege club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.