Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:43 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CHA/TYS
Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Posts: 2,868
i plan on purchasing my first passes tomorrow at the UA club in ATL. I assume I should do one pass per transaction? Should there be an issue with buying four at once? four different transactions?
mrredskin is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:22 pm
  #227  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Any offers of $29 or $59 for the first year after the initial two month period are better than the email I received today. I've been an Amex cardholder for many years and my first email promotion today for this scheme marked me for a "special introductory offer" of $89 after the initial two-month period, followed by renewals at a then-current "special" rate. The promotion also included two $100 restaurant certificates and reimbursement of 12 club passes annually as mentioned upthread.
The link for the initial 2 month period and then $29.95 for the first year ( https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_1501.jsp ) isn't working for me. I filled out the form and got a response saying that I would receive an email confirmation, however, no reply was recieved. A call to the Service Center and check of this link ( https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...jsp&MSRSMAG=CY ) confirmed that my membership wasn't processed. A second attempt was also unsuccessful.

Anyone have any luck signing up with the above link for the $29.95 first year?
Jetlagged Traveler is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:12 am
  #228  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 385
Originally Posted by mrredskin
i plan on purchasing my first passes tomorrow at the UA club in ATL. I assume I should do one pass per transaction? Should there be an issue with buying four at once? four different transactions?
I bought two passes online from American in the same transaction and had no problem with reimbursement. I don't know about United but am wondering whether the passes need to be used on the spot or can they be saved for future use?
GoGreen is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:52 am
  #229  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 48,730
Originally Posted by GoGreen
...wondering whether the passes need to be used on the spot or can they be saved for future use?
The offer says:

To be deemed an eligible airport club visit you must: (1) purchase and use a guest pass during the offer period... mail the original receipt within thirty (30) days of purchase
...which means that they expect us to buy the passes as needed, but as a practical matter it is unlikely, but not impossible, that American Express Publishing verifies if the passes have been used or are held for future use.

Use common sense. It seems plausible that a person would buy two passes, one for the outbound and one for the return of the same trip. It seems less plausible that one would buy a dozen passes and consume them all in a 30 day period.

Bear in mind that these claims are reviewed by people, not a computer. No one likes to feel foolish. If we flagrantly abuse this program it will be noticed and it will end.
mia is online now  
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:45 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 639
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
The link for the initial 2 month period and then $29.95 for the first year ( https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_1501.jsp ) isn't working for me. I filled out the form and got a response saying that I would receive an email confirmation, however, no reply was recieved. A call to the Service Center and check of this link ( https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...jsp&MSRSMAG=CY ) confirmed that my membership wasn't processed. A second attempt was also unsuccessful.

Anyone have any luck signing up with the above link for the $29.95 first year?
I had no luck in the last few days signing up for either of the links with a trial. But the 19.95 1 year link worked and received the email in minutes.

I was about to buy a united club pass online before my upcoming travel, but it doesn't seem like they are selling them online anymore. Am I missing something?

Last edited by oshelef; Jul 19, 2012 at 11:46 pm Reason: (add united club question)
oshelef is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:44 am
  #231  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by oshelef
I had no luck in the last few days signing up for either of the links with a trial. But the 19.95 1 year link worked and received the email in minutes.

I was about to buy a united club pass online before my upcoming travel, but it doesn't seem like they are selling them online anymore. Am I missing something?
Thanks for posting your experience with the trial links.

It has been mentioned here that United no longer offers day passes online (post #169).
Jetlagged Traveler is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:53 am
  #232  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 639
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
It has been mentioned here that United no longer offers day passes online (post #169).
Thanks. Missed that.
oshelef is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:12 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
Originally Posted by tripletmom
This link is for 2, $100 Restaurant.com GC's +12/Lounge + 12/Gym
for 2.99 and 29.99 after 2 months.

https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_1501.jsp
I just applied for this and it seems to have worked. Edit: IT DOESN'T Work, don't bother! I t says I'll be getting a number in email, the rest of the stuff in month or two.

Restaurant.com is a pretty worthless reward, but I did see two restaurants I might go eat in; how many times can you use these coupons in the same restaurant?

Is this easy to cancel?

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 29, 2012 at 11:49 am
lbotez is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:30 pm
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
I also have some more questions, from those who are using it.

When you buy the airline passes, you have to pay per person. So if I buy two Delta passes at the desk, and use my Delta Platinum card, it's $25/person. I've got two rather lengthly layovers in Detroit each way on my next trip, and I don't really want to shell out $200 for passes that i have to get reimbursed for, and they shouldn't care what you pay (cheaper is better); they pay whatever you paid, right?

Then if you are traveling with two persons most of the time, it's like six visits (for 2) and that's about 3 round trips if you stay in the clubs both ways. Edit: you need to have two separate accts for 2 people.



Also, can you use the day pass for delta in two airports in one day? I'm assuming you can. Edit: as long as you buy a DAY pass.

Thanks.

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 23, 2012 at 6:24 pm
lbotez is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:23 pm
  #235  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by lbotez
I just applied for this and it seems to have worked. it says I'll be getting a number in email, the rest of the stuff in month or two.

Restaurant.com is a pretty worthless reward, but I did see two restaurants I might go eat in; how many times can you use these coupons in the same restaurant?

Is this easy to cancel?
A couple of us were unable to use the link above. I never got the email confirmaiton that was mentioned after inputting my information. Post #170 says that you can easily cancel by using the automated telephone system.
Jetlagged Traveler is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:03 pm
  #236  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
A couple of us were unable to use the link above. I never got the email confirmaiton that was mentioned after inputting my information. Post #170 says that you can easily cancel by using the automated telephone system.
okay, I got a little more info here.

Looks like you need to have two separate accounts for two people.

There is a Facebook page with the $19.99 price for a year link. https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217

I read comments and apparently it takes awhile to get an email response.

the other thing I noticed is that on the homepage for Skyguide, there is a section under "join now" that says Airport Lounge. There is a toggle to select the city and there are the lounges where they will reimburse you. Best to check first.

Oh, the other thing I read was that you have to go online to charge the $29.99 after your 2.99 trial is over. Anyone?


I know I got mail about this from my several AX cards that I have, several times even, and I tossed them in the trash. I remember the Skyguide from way back when. I was a travel agent for 15 years, those used to be handy little books, before smart phones. LOL!
lbotez is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:16 pm
  #237  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by lbotez
There is a Facebook page with the $19.99 price for a year link. https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217

I read comments and apparently it takes awhile to get an email response.
The above is the only link that worked for me, I got an email reply with a membership number within a couple of hours of signing up.
Jetlagged Traveler is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:53 pm
  #238  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
The above is the only link that worked for me, I got an email reply with a membership number within a couple of hours of signing up.
That seemed to work just fine. I got the email in 5 minutes.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the other one shows up. Otherwise, this $19.99 is a fine price for a year (though no guarantees about next year; I think I read it was $90).
lbotez is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:22 am
  #239  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 48,730
Originally Posted by lbotez
... There is a toggle to select the city and there are the lounges where they will reimburse you. Best to check first.
They will reimburse any lounge.

Please note that the list of Airport Lounges is not exhaustive. Eligible lounges and offer subject to change. Check airport/lounge website for most up-to-date location details.
http://www.skyguideclub.com/?Obj=LoungeAndGym&Clear=Yes
mia is online now  
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:27 am
  #240  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHX
Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Posts: 329
Question: Why do multiple people in the same party need more than one account. If I am allowed 12 reimbursements per yer, can I not buy 2 club passes (if my 2 kids are free in a given club) for DW and I and then ask for reimbursement of 100 (2 x 50 assuming I paid that for 2 passes)? And I can do this same thing 6 more times in a year (sometimes buying 4 passes on my account on the same day while passing through 2 different airports)?
FT-hss is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.