Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
They just updated the wording on the website and it now states 1 visit / month

http://www.skyguideclub.com/shopping/partner.aspx?id=48

Interestingly enough, it does not state that this was a change or an effective date. I have already used this benefit once this month, but have not requested reimbursement. If visit a lounge tomorrow, as I was planning, then submit 2 recipets will they honor it?

I'm not sure if I have a requirement of checking the site every few days, since it definitely read 3 visits per month earlier this week.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:15 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by S.Bling
If you had a platinum card which you previously "gave up" - why not just ask for it back?

I can never fathom why someone would want to take out an AA Admirals Club membership to use their lounges, if with an Amex Plat you can use all Admirals Club, plus DL/NW, plus CO. You get 3 club "memberships" for $450 a year (less, if you factor it as an incremental cost from your existing Gold/Green card, plus the MR membership - which is all included in the $450).

I finally succeeded to convince a friend to stop paying his Admiral's Club fees each year and simply upgrade his Gold to Plat. Not only does he now save a few bucks a year, but he can also use DL and CO lounges too, and also has all the FHR benefits.

For anyone who pays $400+/- annually to have either a Presidents Club Card, or a SkyClub Card, or an Admirals Club Card - you can get all three with an Amex plat (plus free MR fees, plus all the other plat benefits).
$29.95 per year (via "skyguide executive privilege club") is considerably cheaper than $450. I initially upgraded from a gold amex business to plat business, since with a first year promo, I netted paying only $250, I had no need for the plat card except for airline lounge access, when I received the privilege club offer, I jumped at it and at years end did NOT renew my plat card.
With the new 1 per month lounge access kicking in, I will drop my membership in the privilege club after I receive credit for my last lounge use and request a prorata refund of the renewal $59.95 I had just paid.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Health club and lounge reimbursement

I have renewed my membership @ $59.95 for my second year. I have just given my wife a "gift" of a new membership for $29.95 which is the initial year promo price. Since we often travel together, we can get 2 reimbursements per month, now that they have capped the visits to only 1 per month for 2010.

Since a health club visit is often $15, the membership is still worth it to me.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 6:23 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doctor15
They just updated the wording on the website and it now states 1 visit / month

http://www.skyguideclub.com/shopping/partner.aspx?id=48

Interestingly enough, it does not state that this was a change or an effective date. I have already used this benefit once this month, but have not requested reimbursement. If visit a lounge tomorrow, as I was planning, then submit 2 recipets will they honor it?

I'm not sure if I have a requirement of checking the site every few days, since it definitely read 3 visits per month earlier this week.
They are using a new system for reimbursing, they come from a different site than previously, and seem to be much faster. I just got a check for $100 (2 lounge visits) with a reference date 12-15-09 and a payment date of 12-31-09--so they are still honoring more than one access.
PS: The contact at Amex publishing in NYC was Justin Hom, now it someone else.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Some insight into why American Express offers this program. There are nearly 90,000 SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club members, and if I understand this correctly they rent the mailing list for a base rate of $125 per 1,000.

Demographics:
  • 55 median age
  • $1,158,900 net worth
  • $ 195,000 median household income

http://datacards.dmminfo.com/market;...card&id=218265
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by mia
Some insight into why American Express offers this program. There are nearly 90,000 SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club members, and if I understand this correctly they rent the mailing list for a base rate of $125 per 1,000.

Demographics:
  • 55 median age
  • $1,158,900 net worth
  • $ 195,000 median household income

http://datacards.dmminfo.com/market;...card&id=218265
So you're saying their rationale for offering and operating this program is a potential revenue of $11,000 ?

Just one Centurion cardholder using the card for 375k earns them more than that in merchant fees...
Would they open an entirely different program just because I asked them to and brought them that revenue?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:00 pm
mia

...potential revenue of $11,000...
That would be $11,000 per rental, in addition to whatever they collect in the way of commissions from the "partners".
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by mia
That would be $11,000 per rental, in addition to whatever they collect in the way of commissions from the "partners".
Even if they bombard people with junk mail from their mailing list - assuming twice a month to every single person on that list (which is an incredible overstatement, to say the least) you're talking about a quarter of a million.

Still defies logic that corporate policy for Amex would be dictated by a potential earnings of 250k, when they make more than that everytime each of us sneeze...

The chairman earns more than that himself, every week...

Amex's gross profit last year was 31.5 billion.
This entire program (assuming they sell the comprehensive list in its entirety twice a month) would represent 1/126,000 of their earnings. Or 0.0008%

I'm sure there are other reasons for offering programs and "benefits" - but forgive my skepticism that the reasoning behind this gem is simply to earn (up to) 250k a year...
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:56 pm
mia

I'm sure there are other reasons for offering programs and "benefits"...
Agreed. They charge a membership fee which ranges from about $30 to $200 per year. At the low end that's $2,700,000.

American Express is also able to maintain relationships with services providers (concierge service, temporary office, limo service) who compete with their established Platinum and Centurion providers. This increases their negotiating strength with their primary partners.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
CAn anyone confirm that this is only one lounge a month now? Also does this apply to any airport lounge with a less than $50 entrance fee or is it only for US-based lounges?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:59 pm
mia

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
...confirm that this is only one lounge a month now? Also does this apply to any airport lounge...
See this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13115253-post60.html

Some of the details may not be visible if you are not logged in...

Members may receive reimbursement for one airport club guest pass per month

Purchase a one-day guest pass at any airport lounge worldwide
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I received an offer in the mail today. I have a Citi AA AMX and an SPG AMX - neither have had significant activity after reaching the bonus mileage req.

My actual offer says nothing about reimbursed access to lounges, only:

* 2 Free Airline Companion Tickets
* 2 Months Free Membership in Skyguide Executive Privilege Club ($2.99 processing fee then $29 first year and renewing annually at the then current rate ($59.95))
* Concierge Service
* Travel services including negotiated deals with Avis, Hertz, Commonwealth Worldwide and the Luggage Club
* Members-only savings on superior business luggage, golf equipment, gym and ariport lounge access and more

The website (http://www.skyguideclub.com/shopping/partner.aspx?id=48) however does state a daily membership reimbursement but does not say anything about a limit (1/mo or 3/mo). However the website rate (after the two free months) is a "special rate of $199.00". LOL

Seems the information about this program (both mailing and website) is pretty poor.

As I sat here an evaluate joining I realized my concern is that I don't want to discover the tickets are unusable and feel like a sucker (even if it is only $29). :P
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:25 am
mia

Originally Posted by MtStream
I don't want to discover the tickets are unusable ...
Start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ffer-joke.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...on-ticket.html
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:08 am

Angry SkyGuide in conjunction with American Express Blue Sky Card

We were just billed by Sky Guide!? When I called Sky Guide to ask why the amount billed didn't even match! I called another "Customer Service Number" and they told me that it was in conjunction with a companion ticket we received. It offered a 30 day trial. Unless we did something to cancel it they would continue it and bill us after 12 months. Did my husband just round file it without reading it? Who knows. I truly think this fits my scam list!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:45 pm
mia

Originally Posted by 19Cathy57
...ask why the amount billed didn't even match!
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The amount didn't match what?

If you received an offer and did not activate the trial subscription you would not be billed. However, if you (or your husband) responded to an ad you would be billed after the trial period ended, and every year thereafter for eternity. Do you pay your American Express bills online or through the postal service?

Did you instruct them to cancel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.