Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Looking forward to Mexico City opening up again, that Mexico City Centurion-side lounge is amazing - and I get a haircut there, too!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Looking forward to Mexico City opening up again, that Mexico City Centurion-side lounge is amazing - and I get a haircut there, too!
It should open in the next few weeks, I believe. I don't recall the day that the lockdown ends, but we're still in red, so indoor dining is still closed. If we remain in red things indoor venues will be closed But, I prefer outdoor dining, but that's not possible inside an airport.
DMSFCA likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
It should open in the next few weeks, I believe. I don't recall the day that the lockdown ends, but we're still in red, so indoor dining is still closed. If we remain in red things indoor venues will be closed But, I prefer outdoor dining, but that's not possible inside an airport.
Ah, well. This won't last forever she everyone is itching to get on the road at this point. Soon we will be back!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
It's getting close according to the article below, and shopping centers and the turibus, etc will be all in operation starting Monday! But, indoor dining still closed.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cor...-restrictions/
DMSFCA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I was transiting MEX this past Thursday (4.1.21) and can report that the pre-security T1 Lounge is open.
I wasn't even aware of if but I saw on my way to Air France check-in. Since I had 4 hours, stopped in.
Pleasant but meh atmosphere. Excellent staff but the lack of any windows and view to the outside gave the place a bit of a dark, dungeon like feel.

Full report with pics...The Centurion Lounge at MEX | SFO777

imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
I was transiting MEX this past Thursday (4.1.21) and can report that the pre-security T1 Lounge is open.
I wasn't even aware of if but I saw on my way to Air France check-in. Since I had 4 hours, stopped in.
Pleasant but meh atmosphere. Excellent staff but the lack of any windows and view to the outside gave the place a bit of a dark, dungeon like feel.

Full report with pics...The Centurion Lounge at MEX | SFO777
T2 is always packed (with social distancing), still have wait time with long lines. It feels like a dungeon too, that's why I stayed long enough to eat, and then went to aeromexico's lounge down the hallway and finished eating and drinking
SFO777 likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 3, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Back at the MEX T2 lounge for the first time since before covid. I won't belabor this too much, pretty much everything is still the same as reported by Global Adventurer a few months ago ^ above. The only thing now is they're no longer using the electrostatic sprayer thing on bags. Had the green chiliquiles for breakfast which were decent. Slow moving queue of a few groups ahead of me to get in, but took a couple mins.

Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Back at the MEX T2 lounge for the first time since before covid.
Are any shower and massage services currently offered?

Last edited by mia; Jun 16, 2021 at 10:33 am Reason: Prune quotation.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Are any shower and massage services currently offered?
I didn't ask, but I'm guessing no, since they weren't mentioned as available. They only offered a haircut or nail services from the spa at check in.

Upon double checking, I won't be able to come back here on Sunday. This lounge is adopting the super early closing hours (5pm currently) so guess it's the AM Lounge for me on the way home..
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Visited today, even though the website says it is closed (I saw it was open as I was walking by). At 3pm in the afternoon, on a Sunday, there were only 3 groups - a single, a family, and my wife and me. Waiter service for food and drink, soup was tepid in temperature, individual pizzas were actually pretty good, Old Fashioned was very good. The menu (scan by phone) has prices, which was confusing. But when we got the "check" at the end it was all "Zeroes." Good experience overall (very calming).
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
sbrower prices are there because some of the people using the lounge need to pay for the food.

Amex Plat customers (and I guess Centurions) get a free three-course meal out of a limited menu (breakfast or, for lunch/dinner, first course: soup or salad, second course: pizza or pasta, dessert). But there are other cardholders with access to the lounge - ironically, more expensive, Mexican-market cards such as the Amex Aeromexico Platinum (AF: USD 1,160). Other cards don't get the free meal.

All 5 Mexico Centurion lounges are now open. Opening hours are here. Mexican-issued Amex cardholders can skip the line by prebooking their visit, but you cannot do it with a US card.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by asar
sbrower prices are there because some of the people using the lounge need to pay for the food.

Amex Plat customers (and I guess Centurions) get a free three-course meal out of a limited menu (breakfast or, for lunch/dinner, first course: soup or salad, second course: pizza or pasta, dessert). But there are other cardholders with access to the lounge - ironically, more expensive, Mexican-market cards such as the Amex Aeromexico Platinum (AF: USD 1,160). Other cards don't get the free meal.

All 5 Mexico Centurion lounges are now open. Opening hours are here. Mexican-issued Amex cardholders can skip the line by prebooking their visit, but you cannot do it with a US card.
Thank you for the information. FYI, in response to another poster above, the Spa was closed.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by sbrower
Visited today, even though the website says it is closed (I saw it was open as I was walking by). At 3pm in the afternoon, on a Sunday, there were only 3 groups - a single, a family, and my wife and me. Waiter service for food and drink, soup was tepid in temperature, individual pizzas were actually pretty good, Old Fashioned was very good. The menu (scan by phone) has prices, which was confusing. But when we got the "check" at the end it was all "Zeroes." Good experience overall (very calming).
Do you know if the Terminal 1 lounge before security (land side) allows access upon arrivals if its the final destination? Last time I flew to Mexico City, I had a connecting flight to Cancun. However, I don't remember if the lounge attendant scanned my IAH->MXN boarding pass, or the MXN->CUN boarding pass.

I know that for at least the last two years, Amex changed the rules for US Domestic lounges to only accept outbound passengers. Is it the same for their international lounges? Any knowledge or data points is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
They changed the rules in Mexico too. You can only use it with a departing flight.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by asar
They changed the rules in Mexico too. You can only use it with a departing flight.
That's a good thing, because their lounge in Terminal 2 has lines going down the stairs, and of course Centurion members have their own line, so they go first. I can't imagine folks landing in MEX having access to these lounges now. Aeromexico's lounge is always pretty full too even upstairs in the afternoon/evenings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.