Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I was in the international airside centurion lounge and honestly didn't like it much compared to Delta sky club. The service was slow and you had to pay for extras.
Like about US$21 for a 40 minute massage
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Like about US$21 for a 40 minute massage
🙄 No silly! You have to pay for extra food☹️🤣
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Was just there 2 weeks ago on the Centurion side on an international departure. This is the new lounge that I was last in a while back.

We were the only ones there except for one couple that came in later. Ordered some food and a couple of drinks. Wife was offered a manicure/pedicure, they said the haircuts (which I've done before) weren't available that day (Saturday). All gratis on that side of the lounge. Well, gratis in the sense I pay $10k a year for a pair of these cards. That buys a lot of haircuts.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:22 pm

Just wanted to provide an update that the lounge is still closed. See image.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Bummer, the Centurion side of that lounge is one of my favorites and I get haircuts there!
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Centurion Lounge (MEX)

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for the Centurion lounge in Mexico City airport (MEX). Please move if necessary.

The Centurion lounge is open and protocol involves social distancing while standing in line to enter. The line will be long first thing in the morning.

They let all black card members in first, and processing of each person takes between 3-5 minutes. If you're a platinium member first in line you're only admitted after all black card members have cleared. Took at least 30 minutes to gain entry.

All luggage and bags are sprayed with disinfectant. At the staff's discretion, they were spraying outer coats also.

Your temperature will be checked by standing in front of an automatic sensor. The sanitizing of shoes and hands are performed also. They also hand you a sanitizing packet to use while inside the lounge.

Once at the front desk, you present your Amex card, identification and boarding pass.

A standard breakfast is available. Includes three types, including scrambled eggs,Juice, coffee, tea, toast, fruit platter.

The staff will select your table and you are not permitted to change tables. It's sit up mainly for dining, so when you're done you basically leave.

I left and went to the Salon Premier lounge down the hall where I could relax.

On edit: This lounge is located in Terminal 2 (airside)

Photos below:

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Nov 24, 2020 at 10:30 am
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Probably should be merged into here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nt-lounge.html

With all the cases in CDMX, I'm not surprised their precautions are up there. That said I'm a bit surprised it took them so long to reopen since they were already distanced tables, with sit down service as opposed to buffets.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is MEX now branded as a Centurion Lounge?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by mia
Is MEX now branded as a Centurion Lounge?
Yes. It had been. I couldn't find the original thread, but mine was merged to the correct thread.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:28 am

Here's the current lounge menu:
https://www.americanexpress.com/mx/b...u/mexico-city/
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express lists three locations at MEX, all closed now:

Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mia
American Express lists three locations at MEX, all closed now:

We're still on lockdown for shopping and indoor dining. Actually, all restuarants are suppose to be take-out or delivery only, but the restaurants protested and opened up anyway, mainly outdoor dining. But, I'm sure all the lounges dine in resturants are closed inside the the Mexico City airport. Also, mostly every state in Mexico now is on red alert covid color. Also, the top three most important people in Mexico currently have covid. The President, the multi-billionaire Carlos Slim, and the highest ranking catholic leader.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jan 31, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think this is one of the best descriptions of where a lounge is. Because this will help me if I'm already indoors?

lowfareair and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I think this is one of the best descriptions of where a lounge is. Because this will help me if I'm already indoors?

Your telling me this doesn’t give it that ultra exclusivity feel to the lounge? The only thing missing is a guy in a black suit asking “What’s the password for entry?”
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

I appreciate the absurdity of that location description but, if you're indoors, I don't think you will have any difficulty finding the lounge. But yes, "Near Gate whatever" would have been more precise than "Inside the building".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.