Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sw3
There are 3 Amex lounges at MEX:
  • Terminal 1 (international) - F1 hall
  • Terminal 1 (national) - between gates 17 and 18
  • Terminal 2 - upper level, closer to the international side than to the national side

There's info in some threads about another one near T1 gate 32, but this one is no longer in operation.
Great, thanks sw3.

Any recent experience please?

I am trying to work out which lounge might be the best to use when I fly back from MEX on BA: the above Amex lounge in T1 or the AA or IB lounge.

Will probably start with the Amex lounge and then move onto one of the two airline lounges.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
They are all nice lounges

Ask for the free food too. They have cut it back from the great sandwiches they used to have but it is still ok.. Otherwise they will upsell you.

And good wifi. And perfect for waiting for the plane. I am always paranoid about getting to MEX airport on time unlike other airports because of traffic and the size of the airport. So this is the perfect solution.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks UAAAPeter.

I appreciate the food tip!

If I end up in the Amex lounge, I will certainly post about my experiences.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:38 am

I went to the Centurion/Platinum lounge near gate 18, IIRC.

Nicely decorated, friendly proactive staff. I had already eaten but they kept asking me if I wanted to see the menu. The Mexican red wine was good and the staff member came to where I was sitting, near the bar, to pour for me to taste and also to tell me about it. He came back when my glass was empty.

The staff came around when I was sitting in the lounge area to offer food and drinks.

The only downside was that there were quite a few cleaners at work in the lounge and whilst I hate to criticise, I felt as though I was in their way so moved to another area.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by sw3
There are 3 Amex lounges at MEX:
  • Terminal 1 (international) - F1 hall
  • Terminal 1 (national) - between gates 17 and 18
  • Terminal 2 - upper level, closer to the international side than to the national side

There's info in some threads about another one near T1 gate 32, but this one is no longer in operation.
Does anybody know if this is still current? I know theyve been making a lot of changes.

I have a few questions:

Does the lounge in Terminal 1, before security, still welcome Gold cards? This has been the case for at least a decade, but just want to know if anything has changed.

Does that lounge allow access when arriving to Mex, or only when departing? I have someone arriving on a different flight two horus after me I have to wait for.

Does anybody know how many guests they allow with a Gold card? If any?

And finally, does the lounge in T1, inside security, allow Gold cards as well?

I feel all these answers should be on the Amex website, but alas, there's zero information.

If nobody knows, I guess Ill bring you all answers next week.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Does anybody know if this is still current? I know theyve been making a lot of changes.

I have a few questions:

Does the lounge in Terminal 1, before security, still welcome Gold cards? This has been the case for at least a decade, but just want to know if anything has changed.

Does that lounge allow access when arriving to Mex, or only when departing? I have someone arriving on a different flight two horus after me I have to wait for.

Does anybody know how many guests they allow with a Gold card? If any?

And finally, does the lounge in T1, inside security, allow Gold cards as well?

I feel all these answers should be on the Amex website, but alas, there's zero information.

If nobody knows, I guess Ill bring you all answers next week.
Well, here are the answers as of my experience yesterday:

1) The Terminal 1lounge before security only shows a Platinum and Centurion Card on their wall before entering, but they accepted my Premiere Gold Card as entry, as they have for years and years.

2) Yes, they asked for my passport and boarding pass, but I confirmed you can use the lounge when arriving. I believe hours were 5am to 10:30pm.

3) Gold card allowed me to bring in 1 guest

4) I did not see the Amex Lounge inside security. It was not listed with all the other clubs. I did not have extra time to search further.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:35 pm

Hello jamesinclair,

Is it only the premier gold card that allows access to the amex lounges in MEX? Do you know the amex gold rewards card (canadian) also grants access?
Thank you!

Well, here are the answers as of my experience yesterday:

1) The Terminal 1lounge before security only shows a Platinum and Centurion Card on their wall before entering, but they accepted my Premiere Gold Card as entry, as they have for years and years.

2) Yes, they asked for my passport and boarding pass, but I confirmed you can use the lounge when arriving. I believe hours were 5am to 10:30pm.

3) Gold card allowed me to bring in 1 guest

4) I did not see the Amex Lounge inside security. It was not listed with all the other clubs. I did not have extra time to search further.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by voyageuse
Hello jamesinclair,

Is it only the premier gold card that allows access to the amex lounges in MEX? Do you know the amex gold rewards card (canadian) also grants access?
Thank you!
I am sorry, I do now know about the Canadian Card
Old May 28, 2015, 10:41 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry, I do now know about the Canadian Card
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
A waste of time

I suppose if I didn't have access to another lounge, it would "do" but the place was wholly disappointing.

(1) Very noisy. It is open air to the cavernous terminal and it is very loud and echo-y.

(2) Everything seems to be pay except for the beverages. I had a cappuccino and also received a menu. There aren't any snacks out whatsoever.

(3) Someone from a telco came up to me and asked if I was traveling to the exterior and then if I was a customer of that company - I certainly didn't expect roving marketers while enjoying my caffeine.

I am now in the AM lounge next door.

(4) The icing was that I returned to go take a shower. Upon entering, I asked if there were showers available. She replied yes, and they are available starting at 8am. Really? I landed here at 540. I returned to the AM lounge.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:57 am Reason: Edited for icing
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The T2 lounge has apparently been closed for renovations - any word on reopening? (I'm hoping it will be a much improved place if it, indeed, reopens.)
Old May 24, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The T2 lounge has apparently been closed for renovations - any word on reopening? (I'm hoping it will be a much improved place if it, indeed, reopens.)
Any word?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I know this is an old thread but it was hard to find info on the MEX lounges so I'll add my experience from 2/8/18.

Stopped by the airside AMEX lounge in T1 since the two PP lounges were wait listed. Received an ala carte menu and while the food was for purchase one item from each section (appetizer, main, sandwiches) was being offered for free that day. The food we got was pretty good quality and the beer and coffee turned out to be free although I didn't really know for sure until we got the receipt at the end. My biggest gripe though was that we also got solicited by a guy trying to get me to sign up for another AMEX card. Super tacky.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any word?
Since 2017 it has reopened.

This is such a slow thread, but I am sitting in the T1 lounge right now sipping a marg and waiting for my delayed VivaAerobus flight, so here we go.

T1 Domestic (Airside): I haven't been to this lounge in 4-5 years and it's been gut renovated at some point since then. It looks much more like the US style lounges and the wifi cards, etc. are branded the "Centurion Lounge". Food and bev setup is still the same. All table service, paid food, and free drinks. Platinum members get a short menu of stuff for free. The breakfast I had today was pretty good.

The breakfast was assorted fruit, granola, and honey and one of the following:

- scrambled eggs w/ ham or bacon, and beans
- red or green chilaquiles
- egg white omelette with spinach and guacamole
- scrambled eggs a la mexicana

T2: I remember it the way it used to be as Eastbay1k mentions. It was loud, there was no sound insulation, etc. It now has lots of heavy curtains that act as room dividers throughout the dining area on the main level that used to be completely open. There is more seating up stairs. I've found the service here to be really hit or miss during my 3 visits in the past year. The lunch/dinner food items I've had are mediocre at best, but the breakfast is good. IIRC the breakfast menu is substantially similar to the one in the T1 lounge.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Since 2017 it has reopened.

This is such a slow thread, but I am sitting in the T1 lounge right now sipping a marg and waiting for my delayed VivaAerobus flight, so here we go.

T1 Domestic (Airside): I haven't been to this lounge in 4-5 years and it's been gut renovated at some point since then. It looks much more like the US style lounges and the wifi cards, etc. are branded the "Centurion Lounge". Food and bev setup is still the same. All table service, paid food, and free drinks. Platinum members get a short menu of stuff for free. The breakfast I had today was pretty good.

The breakfast was assorted fruit, granola, and honey and one of the following:

- scrambled eggs w/ ham or bacon, and beans
- red or green chilaquiles
- egg white omelette with spinach and guacamole
- scrambled eggs a la mexicana

T2: I remember it the way it used to be as Eastbay1k mentions. It was loud, there was no sound insulation, etc. It now has lots of heavy curtains that act as room dividers throughout the dining area on the main level that used to be completely open. There is more seating up stairs. I've found the service here to be really hit or miss during my 3 visits in the past year. The lunch/dinner food items I've had are mediocre at best, but the breakfast is good. IIRC the breakfast menu is substantially similar to the one in the T1 lounge.
I was in the international airside centurion lounge and honestly didn't like it much compared to Delta sky club. The service was slow and you had to pay for extras.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.