Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:18 pm

I was unaware that the AMEX premier rewards gold card had the benefit of entry to Centurion Lounge. I was in MEX T2 twice the past week and I was allowed entry (myself and 2 guest) to the Centurion Lounge. Complementary non-alcoholic beverages and a few snack options. A more extensive menu for purchase. Complementary showers and a 15 minute massage. Quite a nice lounge but a bit crowded.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:05 am

I was at the Platinun lounge in MEX a few weeks ago and have to say it was a nice way to kill some time before check-in opened. It was also nice that it gave my cousin somewhere to wait while waiting to pick someone up a few hours later.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Had a chance to visit the MX Centurion lounge. Very meh. The SkyTeam/Aeromexico lounge seemed much nicer, but I had a companion so we only one could get in with priority pass select.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
I found the food pretty good...not thrilled to have had to pay for it but did enjoy it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I've had a few stops at the Mexico City (MEX) cent lounge recently, upstairs from the regular Amex lounge. We were one of the only ones in the lounge and they just hand you a menu and you can order whatever, food is pretty good. Drinks were strong, maybe too strong.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Centurion Lounge in MEX is now charging for alcohol

A little pathetic, given the already minimal offerings. Most food has already been a la carte for a while, with prices attached. This was at T1 pre-security.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
No Alcohol Charge in T2 Lounge-Airside

Originally Posted by keitherson
A little pathetic, given the already minimal offerings. Most food has already been a la carte for a while, with prices attached. This was at T1 pre-security.
I was in the T2 lounge and we had great drinks from beer to scotch to margaritas at no charge. Snacks are free while sandwiches and other items off their menu are charged. The food charges were reasonable considering airport prices. Wi-Fi was touchy had to switch to other access points and hunt down passwords.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by keitherson
Was this upstairs for the Cent lounge? When I was there just a few months ago everything was totally free - I think it was the same menu as downstairs in the regular Amex lounge but it was complimentary and the drinks were strong and complimentary as well, made by a bartender at a station up there.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Is there a Centurion lounge in the international terminal at MEX?

I have a BA Gold card and the Priority Pass from the Platinum Amex so have a few choices and am trying to work out which is the best one to visit.

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:44 am

There is also a Centurion Lounge at the Toluca airport. The lounge is located before you go airside for good reason. Once inside, there is a private entry to the terminals with security and a private elevator. This was a very convenient way through security.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:48 pm
sw3
Used to be 'etrevino'

Programs: AA, BA, AM Plat, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Is there a Centurion lounge in the international terminal at MEX?

I have a BA Gold card and the Priority Pass from the Platinum Amex so have a few choices and am trying to work out which is the best one to visit.

Thanks.
There are 3 Amex lounges at MEX:
  • Terminal 1 (international) - F1 hall
  • Terminal 1 (national) - between gates 17 and 18
  • Terminal 2 - upper level, closer to the international side than to the national side

There's info in some threads about another one near T1 gate 32, but this one is no longer in operation.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:19 pm

Are any of these renovated like the new US lounges? I know the Buenos Aires one recently was refreshed. How about MEX?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jh811
Are any of these renovated like the new US lounges? I know the Buenos Aires one recently was refreshed. How about MEX?
From what I've heard, unless you can get in the Centurion lounge, its not (as most everything requires pesos)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hostelworld.com Diamond Plated Platinum
Visited the lounge to and from SCL a month ago. Lounge is not refreshed, charges for food except snacks and drinks. Nice lounge but it is open air so it is not very quiet. Better than nothing at MEX. I was in the "International" wing on AM...which is really just the regular terminal. Definitely suggest getting one of the little booths.

In all reality, no comparison to the ones in the US, but better than nothing. I would say the AM lounge (PP) next door is a bit quieter.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AJCU
Visited the lounge to and from SCL a month ago. Lounge is not refreshed, charges for food except snacks and drinks. Nice lounge but it is open air so it is not very quiet. Better than nothing at MEX. I was in the "International" wing on AM...which is really just the regular terminal. Definitely suggest getting one of the little booths.

In all reality, no comparison to the ones in the US, but better than nothing. I would say the AM lounge (PP) next door is a bit quieter.
Better snacks at the AM lounge plus they have a fun blender in the central bar area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.