Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long telephone hold times for Centurion members?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022 | 3:55 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Long telephone hold times for Centurion members?

I thought that the huge annual payment for this card was to have immediate access to agents. Why am I 20 minutes on hold?
Old Mar 2, 2022 | 5:54 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Same thing has happened to me. They don't have enough staff. To be fair, lots of companies are having difficulties hiring and retaining good people in the past two years. To also be fair, it doesn't jibe with the annual fee doubling in 2020.
SPN Lifer and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 5:38 am

I appreciate that instant service is the expectation for such an exorbitant annual fee (and may even be a genuine need) but, as already noted, in the current environment it is likely that they simply don't have the staff to accommodate that expectation.

Tip from a lowly Platinum member - just use the feature to have them call you back when they're next free. Waiting on hold is for suckers. I've used this with the Platinum Concierge (as well as some airlines) and it allows you to go about your day without being chained to a phone. If it makes you feel any better my recent wait time with Delta was 4 hours. I have to call the Platinum Concierge this weekend for help with an upcoming trip and I expect about the same.
SPN Lifer and Gasolin like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just now waited a bit over 60 seconds on hold. 10:30am EST.

Are you dialing in from your phone that is registered to your account?
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 9:55 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro, Sixt Diamond
Never any waits with my "lowly" ICC Platinum. Even the concierge is essentially instant.

Guess the U.S. teams are really struggling...
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 9:55 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by zrs70
I thought that the huge annual payment for this card was to have immediate access to agents. Why am I 20 minutes on hold?
For years , there was literally zero wait time. Someone would answer on the 3rd or 4th ring. Nowadays, 9 out 10 times it is a 10+ minute wait.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 10:46 am

moe8555 careful or we will outsource our labor to your ICC team!
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 3:21 pm
20 Years on Site

Not only was the hold time crazy long yesterday in USA but a non Centurion Team member answered the calls. Not sure what is up.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022 | 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
moe8555 careful or we will outsource our labor to your ICC team!
I honestly won't be surprised if they merge the concierge teams for US/IDC with UK/ICC. I was told by my membership executive when we were talking about events apparently the Brighton team is responsible for the Centurion living programme -- which seems to be backed up by the disclaimer under the US benefits page "Program managed by American Express Services Europe Limited and deployed by American Express Company."
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022 | 6:22 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by NotSoMuch
.... US/IDC with UK/ICC.
IDC is not a USA product. It's just a USD denominated.
Old Mar 4, 2022 | 7:28 am
BLV
15 Years on Site

Same here with long wait time while calling two days ago. And the only reason I dialed in was because they weren’t responding via email, and 9/10 my designated Cent Team responds quickly.

The times of one RM and instant pickup when calling are long gone. Doubt things will ever get back to that level of service.
Old Mar 7, 2022 | 7:09 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Gold, HH Diamond, Centurion (UK), Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I thought the call centre is combined in the back end since IDC is also issued in the US. Is that not the case?
Old Mar 7, 2022 | 7:14 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro, Sixt Diamond
I thought the call centre is combined in the back end since IDC is also issued in the US. Is that not the case?
My understanding is they are completely separate teams and products, with ICC serviced by the UK/Brighton team, and IDC serviced by a U.S. team.
Old Mar 7, 2022 | 7:18 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
My understanding is they are completely separate teams and products, with ICC serviced by the UK/Brighton team, and IDC serviced by a U.S. team.
I meant IDC and US domestic operation -- I was under the impression that the operation mirror ICC/UK where the call centre is shared.

Originally Posted by mia
So in other words ICC is an Amex UK product/division, shouldn't IDC should be a division of Amex US??
Old Mar 7, 2022 | 7:20 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
.,,,IDC is also issued in the US. Is that not the case?
There are two versions of IDC. One is issued in the USA for Latin American residents that have assets in a US Financial Institution. The one that moe8555 holds is issued and serviced in the UK (as is the Euro version).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.