Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by Ryu2
It’s the 28th and I’m at SFO — fyi still closed as of right now! No to-go, nothing.
Bummer
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
I'm flying through SFO tomorrow (29th). Will report back if its open or not.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
I swung by the Centurion lounge during my layover today and it was still closed. I could not see any meaningful signs of re-opening before the end of the CY. Since Checkpoint 3 did not close, I'm assuming the lounge is being expanded towards F3, F4, etc. and the precheck checkpoint with the kitchen being expanded and replaced. All of the windows headed that direction are still covered and I witnessed a construction crew coming out but could not catch them to see if they could share anything. None were wearing hardhats or any protective gear so perhaps they're addressing small things to get the CO.

Based on what I saw today I feel relatively confident that it is close to reopening but that we are are looking at the first week or two of January.
SF_DUKE, lsquare and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
$39 per guest.
Thank you Kacee,

I have never been to this Delta lounge. Actually, not been to any Delta lounge.
Is it worth paying $39 to bring a guest? How does it compare to the Centurion Lounge?

michaelmorio
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
I swung by the Centurion lounge during my layover today and it was still closed. I could not see any meaningful signs of re-opening before the end of the CY. Since Checkpoint 3 did not close, I'm assuming the lounge is being expanded towards F3, F4, etc. and the precheck checkpoint with the kitchen being expanded and replaced. All of the windows headed that direction are still covered and I witnessed a construction crew coming out but could not catch them to see if they could share anything. None were wearing hardhats or any protective gear so perhaps they're addressing small things to get the CO.

Based on what I saw today I feel relatively confident that it is close to reopening but that we are are looking at the first week or two of January.
Thanks for the update. Believe there is a milestone reopening target of 2022 so don't be surprised if it happens tmrw or Sat.

The expansion portion is about twice the size
of the original. And yes it does extend the full length of the covered windows.

Saw on one of the employees IG posts of the new section and it looks like a big cafeteria room similar to the Vegas lounge. Hot station on one end and bar on the other end.

Not sure how practical to have a hot station furthest away from the kitchen but only time will say.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by SF_DUKE
Thanks for the update. Believe there is a milestone reopening target of 2022 so don't be surprised if it happens tmrw or Sat.

The expansion portion is about twice the size
of the original. And yes it does extend the full length of the covered windows.

Saw on one of the employees IG posts of the new section and it looks like a big cafeteria room similar to the Vegas lounge. Hot station on one end and bar on the other end.

Not sure how practical to have a hot station furthest away from the kitchen but only time will say.
I'll be back in SF the week of January 9, will check again then to see if its open or not. I agree that if its the Vegas like setup it will run into congestion issues. When they designed the DEN lounge, they did it right IMO where the food and two bars are in distinctly separate areas to help manage congestion and traffic flow. While the walkway past the main bar can get crowded at times, keeping everything separate was the right call. Curious to hear if anyone passes through before the week of January 9 and if/when they notice it opening.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
When they designed the DEN lounge, they did it right
Totally agree.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:59 am

Still closed as of this morning.
SF_DUKE and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:46 am

Open as of today! 😬 They’re handing out free candies.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by nekodesu0001
Open as of today! 😬 They’re handing out free candies.
Any chance you can post some pics of what the renovations look like
SF_DUKE likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:37 am

Pics in press release

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tional-Airport
SPN Lifer and Infinite1K like this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Amex website updated with new hours to boot (5am - 9pm) 🎉

https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/sfo/

Tried to see if there were any updates to the menu (the press release didn’t really show or mention anything) but tapping on the Sample Menu pops up a “Grab and Go” list of items available from 8am - 6pm 🤔
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SF_DUKE
Pics in press release
And they look more photo shopped/staged than a Victoria's Secret model

Looking forward to seeing some real pics
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:11 pm

The article on The Points Guy has solid pictures and coverage. Looks like I'm new so can't post the link yet
SF_DUKE likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sergey19
The article on The Points Guy has solid pictures and coverage. Looks like I'm new so can't post the link yet
Thank you sergey19 for sharing! I didn't know until you mentioned it. found it: https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...on-lounge-sfo/
mildfrequence likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.