Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah pre-reno, earlier in covid, when they were on super limited hours, they would close F&B 30 minutes prior to the club closing - with zero grace period. I entered exactly 30 minutes before closing one time and could not get any service whatsoever, was a total waste of time. I didn't realize this was going to be the case until I was already in the lounge.
SPN Lifer and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Today (2/1) is the day. Curious if the lounge still had a waiting list to enter.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:24 am

No wait to enter lounge today and seating was quick. Seems less crowding based on today's experience.

The wine wall is operational, but the bartender needs to dispense using a key card.
Boraxo and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
First visit since expansion this evening around 5 pm. Definitely less crowded than last few times I was here around the same time - probably a few more people spread through the larger space. Still a fairly obnoxious crowd - loud group of tech bros in the new room. When I left it was a mess downstairs, with people literally pushing their way to the elevator and stairs.

And they're still serving chicken thighs. What's it been? Something like three years now with the same menu?
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta DM
So for people flying Delta, they'd have to clear security at T3 to access Centurion then get back outside to T2 and clear security again to catch their flight. Is this correct? I've been to SFO quite a few times last year but never tried knowing they were renovating.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
golfr T2 (C/D) and T3 (E/F) have airside connection. In fact all of C/D/E/F/G are now connected airside, with construction in progress that will connect T2 with T1 & INTL A.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Airside T3(United) and G have been connected since the beginning of time.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Visited here today (Friday) around 1230pm. No real line (2 people checkin in ahead of me but just a matter of checkin timing not capacity).

Love the added new space although the bones feel very much the same as the old one. The new second bar at the end is a welcome addition and was very quiet so would recommend walking down that direction if busy to try and find seating. Seems like the second part is where the liquor is now and the old bar is focused on wine and beer only (although could’ve just been anecdotal based on the bartenders today).
Old Feb 11, 2023, 10:12 am

Duke787
The old front bar still serves a limited liquor menu with rail bottles for screwdrivers and bloody mary drinks along with wine/beer. Opens when the lounge opens in the morning.

The new back bar indeed is where all the liquor has shifted to. Have yet to experience the new bar. It does not open until 1030a and the one afternoon visit closed early for maintenance.

One improvement I wish they would do is have some of the non-alcohol mixers available in the front bar for morning service.
Doppy, SPN Lifer and Duke787 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SF_DUKE
Duke787
The old front bar still serves a limited liquor menu with rail bottles for screwdrivers and bloody mary drinks along with wine/beer. Opens when the lounge opens in the morning.

The new back bar indeed is where all the liquor has shifted to. Have yet to experience the new bar. It does not open until 1030a and the one afternoon visit closed early for maintenance.

One improvement I wish they would do is have some of the non-alcohol mixers available in the front bar for morning service.
Makes sense — like I said only anecdotal, I wasn’t there for long. I was getting champagne and someone came up asking for liquor and was directed to the other bar. I wandered down to sit and see the new bar and saw all the liquor on display there.
SF_DUKE likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Here right now. Bartender says the crowds are less with the new policy. Also found out the wine flight (not the one behind the bar) opens at 6am.
SF_DUKE likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Regular Delta flier here, but due to Delta temporarily changing their flight schedule and no longer doing late evening flights to LAX (a change they have reversed now, thank God) and I have to say, underwhelmed by the "new" SFO Centurion. Last time I was here was pre-pandemic and pre-switching my loyalty from JetBlue to Delta, and the menu is really disappointing. Most of you already know this, of course, but I remember the days when they tried to hire local chefs to curate the menu - those days long gone. Just lukewarm chicken thighs and overcooked, dry string beans, dry and unappetizing rice, dried up pita bread. I am a tea guy and SkyClubs serve Harney and Sons tea, a creditable line of teas, this lounge just has Twinings which is basically Lipton's with an English sounding name. The expansion is underwhelming as well - long, awkward walk back to a room in the back, no design sense, no attempt to do anything particularly special with the new layout. They added space but clearly didn't want to spend money on an architect, interior designer, or anyone who might have done something a bit more clever. Despite not being here for years it looks the same and the new design looks like a DIY project, slapdash and poorly thought out.

The SkyClub at SFO is dated at this point but overall is still a far preferable experience, to me. Sweeping views of the tarmac, food, while nothing to write home about, is generally a step above this bland cafeteria style fare. Absolutely no reason why I would ever want to go out of my way to come here instead of the SkyClub, honestly, and I'm relieved I'll be able to go back to my usual Delta flight which the powers that be have thankfully restored to its proper position in the flight schedule.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by synzero
....they tried to hire local chefs to curate the menu - those days long gone. ....
The website still lists a chef:

Experience a taste of James Beard Award-nominated chef Ravi Kapur's heritage cooking and Californian inspired cuisine. Savor delicious dishes like Roasted Chicken with a Greek yogurt and cilantro glaze....Recognized for his heritage driven cooking, Ravi Kapur is the chef and co-owner of the critically acclaimed Liholiho Yacht Club and Louie's Gen-Gen Room, Liholiho's cocktail bar, located in San Francisco's lower Nob Hill neighborhood. Born in Hawaii to his Native Hawaiian & Chinese mother and Indian father, Ravi started Liholiho as a pop-up dinner series, combining influences from his heritage with California ingredients. In 2015, Ravi partnered with Jeff Hanak (Nopa & Nopalito) to open Liholiho Yacht Club as a brick-and-mortar restaurant, which received praise from diners and critics alike including a James Beard nomination for Best New Restaurant, Eater SF's “Restaurant of the Year”, and was named a “Best New Restaurant” on both GQ and Bon Appetit's annual lists. Ravi is a Food& Wine “Best New Chef” and San Francisco Magazine “Chef of the Year”. In 2019, Ravi and Hanak partnered with chef David Golavin to debut Dear Inga, a modern Eastern European-inspired restaurant in San Francisco's Mission District.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mia
The website still lists a chef:
The food quality and creativity are a far cry from what it was when Chef Kostow opened this particular lounge. It used to be worth the hassle of buying a refundable ticket just to spend the afternoon there. ​​​​​​​
SPN Lifer and martzipan like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:04 am

Does anyone know if SFO CL will enforce the 3-hour rule for guests? I hit the spend requirement to bring in guests. I want to go with my sister, but her flight is roughly 5 hours after mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.