Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Your question is probably answered in this Wikipost

Reminder: you must enroll and select UA as your airline, then wait a day
before making a reimbursable purchase. It can take a few days or a full week to be reimbursed.

Travel Bank: There'sa separate thread at this link for general discussion of Travel Bank. Travel Bank is available again Jan. 3, 2022 and posts as a Special Service Ticket reimbursed by Amex (but unofficially). May appear as United Electronic Ticketing or United Airlines Houston. Purchase here: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash If your transaction returns a Payment Failed error, try adding your American Express card to your United Airlines profile, and repeat the transaction using the stored card. DO NOT CALL Amex to ask about being credited for this.

On December 31, 2021 United suspended Travel Bank deposit transactions and posted a message "Offer has ended."

United does not sell gift cards.

As of December 2016 American Express no longer reimburses MPX transactions.

READ BELOW for EXPENSES WHICH MAY BE REIMBURSED

Airline Taxes on Award Tickets Doesn't seem to work anymore; see post 179 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25297196-post179.html and #391

Economy Plus and First Class Upgrade Fees Subscription worked in Feb 2020, data point here. As of December 2016 there were conflicting posts; one stating that an upgrade to E+ coded as an "upgrade fee" and was, therefore, not reimbursed. Others said they were reimbursed as it was coded as "preferred seat upgrade." In February 2019, three separate FTer reported receiving varying amounts of reimbursement (dependent upon which card was used for the purchase) after purchasing an E+ annual subscription. The E+ subscriptions code as "preferred seat upgrade". Upgrading from E to FC will also not be reimbursed because it codes as a passenger ticket even when done after buying the original ticket. There seems to be a distinction between seat upgrades being reimbursed, while ticket upgrades are not.

Award AcceleratorI would not risk this. The last report of being reimbursed for Award Accelerator was for $68 on October 27, 2011. Every post about Award Accelerator since has reported "No reimbursement."

Eligible incidental fees include:
  • Checked baggage fees (including overweight/oversize)
  • Itinerary change fees
  • Phone reservation fees
  • FareLock
  • Pet flight fees
  • Seat assignment fees (E+)
  • In-flight amenity fees (beverages, food, pillows/blankets, headphones)
  • In-flight entertainment fees (excluding wireless internet unless it is billed by the airline.)
  • Airport lounge day passes & annual memberships
  • Onboard WIFI (provided it is billed by the airline.)
Keeping Track of Your Incidentals The Amex website has a Benefits link which will show a meter to keep track of your reimbursements. You may need a desktop/laptop browser to see it.

A general discussion of
Travel Bank is in a separate thread .

(2021 discussion of UA available at this link.)
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:15 am

Made a purchase on jan 3rd. Still no reimbursement of this morning Jan 7. Ill keep checking.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
Methinks the UA Travel Bank/Amex Airline Fee Credit is dead.
We definitely don't know that yet. I did a Dell purchase (Biz Plat) at the same time and that's not reimbursed yet.
gtran26 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
We definitely don't know that yet. I did a Dell purchase (Biz Plat) at the same time and that's not reimbursed yet.
Yup. Also waiting for Aspire resort credit, checked out on Jan 2 from resort.
gtran26 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: UA
Made 2 purchases on the 3rd and not credited yet. I had 2 (very small amounts) for flight changes done on January 1st via the United web site (not sure why this was even considered for it but not complaining) credited on January 4th so this was processed within 3 days. Now waiting what will happen with the travelbank charges because it is now 4 days.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
Has the charge posted yet? Dell credits work a bit differently in that the charge doesn't appear and the credits don't post until the item ships. I made two Dell purchases on January 3. The first item shipped and was charged immediately and was credited on January 5. The second item hasn't shipped yet, I haven't been charged and I have not received the credit for that item.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:57 am

I haven't got my $10 credit back for my Tmobile....it has been 4 days so AMEX could be slow on travel bank credit.....fingers crossed
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:57 am

Methinks the UA Travel Bank/Amex Airline Fee Credit is dead.
maybe someone at united was like hey if we don't code it this way in early January and then do later in the month we will get double then money
Xyzzy, aquanine and vulpinepuppy like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by metoo
I haven't got my $10 credit back for my Tmobile....it has been 4 days so AMEX could be slow on travel bank credit.....fingers crossed
Same here wireless charge 1/3 and not refunded (yet) - the Amex systems usually update around now (10am eastern) but sometimes slightly earlier or later. Let's see
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Has the charge posted yet? Dell credits work a bit differently in that the charge doesn't appear and the credits don't post until the item ships. I made two Dell purchases on January 3. The first item shipped and was charged immediately and was credited on January 5. The second item hasn't shipped yet, I haven't been charged and I have not received the credit for that item.
It was a digital gift card purchase that I received the same day. You're right though, it looks like for some reason AmEx didn't actually post the charge until 1/5.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
FWIW my usually reimbursable DL purchase on 1/4 posted yesterday and theres still no credit or meter movement today. So hopefully there are just general delays for airfare credits. As others have pointed out, not unusual for Amex, particularly in Jan.
gtran26 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:06 am

My Sax credit from a 1/4 purchase still hasn't been posted yet. So, it just looks like it's backed up.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
5x on the personal Amex Plat?

But if it is reimbursed - do you still get the 5x MR?
Yes. One of the nice things about Amex benefits and offers. They credit points on the purchases, and ignore the rebates.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by monalisa1506
My Sax credit from a 1/4 purchase still hasn't been posted yet. So, it just looks like it's backed up.
My saks purchase on 1/2 credited on 1/5 so that one is looking like a 3 day turnaround.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:18 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A bit OT, two $49 Alaska Airlines purchases on 1/2 were credited on 1/5.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by monalisa1506
same here. My Saks credits from the 3rd havent credited either. Just looks like everything is slow right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.