Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:19 pm

Will Amex give us another year of free Uber Eats pass or was this just a one time deal?

Better turn off auto renewal in the Uber Eats app then.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
No, look for an email from Uber with the Subject: Congrats on your savings! in early October.

Last edited by mia; Oct 19, 2021 at 5:08 am
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Look for an email from Uber with the Subject: Congrats on your savings! in early October.
I just looked at all the emails from Uber eats during the Month of October and no mention of any free extension for another year?? What I'm missing here?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:15 pm
mia

Originally Posted by BuonaDomenica
....no mention of any free extension for another year?....
Correct. The email tells us how to disable auto-renewal, which makes it clear to me that the free period will not be extended.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Correct. The email tells us how to disable auto-renewal, which makes it clear to me that the free period will not be extended.
I misunderstood your comment - I thought it was something positive, but upon search of my email I don't have anything from Uber with that subject line, either in trash or spam. I've already turned off auto renew, so no biggie.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Has anyone had any luck or attempted to use Eats Pass for an additional year, with a different (but eligible) card? Basically, wife and I both have Amex Platinum and they are attached to my Uber account (so both monthly credits post to one account). I used my card for the Eats Pass offer, which is now expiring (and I've turned off auto-renewal). However, the 1 year Eats Pass is available to my wife until 12/31 of this year so I'd like to switch it to that card but haven't seen an obvious way yet. Perhaps I need to remove and re-add her card.

Regards
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:47 am
mia

Originally Posted by scubadu
.... haven't seen an obvious way yet. Perhaps I need to remove and re-add her card.
I know it can be done, I used the Eats pass from my wife's Platinum card on my Uber account. You may need to wait until your existing Eats Pass actually expires to attempt to use hers?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is there a way to recognize in advance when my final month occurs (without reviewing a year's worth of statements)? I think it's December, but not certain.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:21 am
mia

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is there a way to recognize in advance when my final month occurs .....
Look for an email in late 2020 with the Subject: Welcome to Eats Pass, Scrounger
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:24 am

Each month you get an email "Your Eats Pass is ready" -- it shows you your next month's charge

Sept email showed:
Next month's charge $0

Oct email showed:
Next month's charge $9.99

I just canceled my auto renew since this is my final month
Points Scrounger and mia like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
Each month you get an email "Your Eats Pass is ready" -- it shows you your next month's charge

Sept email showed:
Next month's charge $0

Oct email showed:
Next month's charge $9.99

I just canceled my auto renew since this is my final month
Mine expires November 29. I currently have it free through my Amex Gold. I am planning to wait a few days and then sign up again with my 2nd Gold or a Platinum card to see if it offers another free trial. I'll report back and let people know.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:41 pm

Mine expired from plat yesterday. Added gold today and it told me I can get a free year of eats pass with it but when I click activate, it errors out. I added a green that i never added to account and it does exact same thing. I assume it will not give another free year. If someone figures out otherwise, post it.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:58 pm
mia

Uber Eats Pass expired at the end of October. and now (November 2nd) Uber is offer us a 50% discount on a 6 months Uber Eats subscription, $4.99/month. I doubt this will be their best offer.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:06 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by antonius66
Mine expired from plat yesterday. Added gold today and it told me I can get a free year of eats pass with it but when I click activate, it errors out. I added a green that i never added to account and it does exact same thing. I assume it will not give another free year. If someone figures out otherwise, post it.
In the past people have reported successfully double dipping, but the T&Cs definitely say that it’s not available if you’ve already used another trial so perhaps they’ve gone in at some point and coded it to not allow a second trial.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
Uber Eats Pass expired at the end of October. and now (November 2nd) Uber is offer us a 50% discount on a 6 months Uber Eats subscription, $4.99/month. I doubt this will be their best offer.
You may be right, but is that what Uber is really looking for? Remember, these offers are basically advertisements to use a service. If 50% off a subscription isn't enough, do you keep lowering the price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.