Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Complimentary Uber Eats Benefit for U.S. Consumer Cards

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Actually, the benefit saves me money because I'm always in travel mode and don't have a vehicle, and where I'm at right now only has a liquor store across the street that has sky high expensive "Swanson Hungry Man frozen dinners" that are full of sodium. UberEats I can order a variety of food for less. And when I'm in Mexico I mainly use it for grocery shopping. Like beer, when I don't feel like walking to the store in the rain. I use this service as a necessity rather than a luxury 99% of the time.
Don't the T's and C's say this benefit is for us in the US only?

Last edited by stimpy; Nov 9, 2020 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:56 pm

I have the eats pass via Amex and I’m still shown delivery charges at some restaurants. I’m not in CA. I asked Uber to explain why but they ignore my question and answer something I didn’t ask about. Incidentally when I had a free month trial last year I was correctly charged $0.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 17, 2021 at 3:49 pm
Old Jan 17, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Don't the T's and C's say this benefit is for us in the US only?
Just saw your response. Actually, what is weird is my Eat Pass now works in Mexico. Used it twice so far. It says enjoy Amex Eat Pass when I order and all the service charges equals $0. But, for some reason before it was charging and didn't recognize the eats pass at all. Anyway, its working now! yeah!
Old Jan 17, 2021, 5:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
....still shown delivery charges at some restaurants....
Did the orders meet the $15 minimum? Starting in February, free delivery does not apply to all restaurants (see email below). Perhaps this has been implemented prematurely at some locations?

Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:06 pm

Yes. $55 in food and they want to charge me delivery and fees with no discount.

If there’s a new policy in feb it makes the pass terrible for me. Most of the restaurants I want are already not part of Uber eats.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Did the orders meet the $15 minimum? Starting in February, free delivery does not apply to all restaurants (see email below). Perhaps this has been implemented prematurely at some locations?

Just an FYI for anyone traveling to Mexico with this Eats Pass, the minimum order to qualify for free delivery is $159MX ($7.50USD) and a service charge is added at approximately $10MX ($0.50USD). Without the Eats Pass, the delivery ($20mx) and service ($10mx) charges only add up to about $1.52 USD

Recent receipt:

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jan 18, 2021 at 3:18 pm Reason: edited $156 to $159
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:17 pm

Something I noticed about the Easts Pass. Before singing up for Easts Pass, it seemed that every month I was targeted for a $10-$15 off promo code, but since singing up for Eats Pass, I haven't been (I've had promos for $5 that are sent out when my Eats Pass renews each month. I typically order once a month, and usually order for pickup to avoid paying Uber's fees while taking advantage of the Platinum credits and any promos, so I'm actually receiving less of a benefit than I did by not having Eats Pass. I suppose if I ordered for delivery, or ordered more than once a month the Eats Pass actually would save money.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by jsandler111
Something I noticed about the Easts Pass. Before singing up for Easts Pass, it seemed that every month I was targeted for a $10-$15 off promo code, but since singing up for Eats Pass, I haven't been (I've had promos for $5 that are sent out when my Eats Pass renews each month. I typically order once a month, and usually order for pickup to avoid paying Uber's fees while taking advantage of the Platinum credits and any promos, so I'm actually receiving less of a benefit than I did by not having Eats Pass. I suppose if I ordered for delivery, or ordered more than once a month the Eats Pass actually would save money.
I use UberEats regularly and received six 10% off offers. I used one today and one yesterday. Probably will use another this weekend. I think you may have a point about utilizing the delivery service and the lack of offers. I'm too lazy to go pick up food and a lot of the places are right down the street. lol
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by rrgg
I have the eats pass via Amex and I’m still shown delivery charges at some restaurants. I’m not in CA. I asked Uber to explain why but they ignore my question and answer something I didn’t ask about. Incidentally when I had a free month trial last year I was correctly charged $0.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm noticing the same here in Seattle. In December every restaurant I browsed was free as I expected was eats pass. Now in January only slept restaurants have the green marker.
​​​​​​I found a thread on the topic on reddit that confirms our experience that not every restaurant is included any longer.
​​Now imagine you were paying $10/mo for it and then all us Amex customers show up and over tax the system prompting changes!
​​​​​https://www.reddit.com/r/amex/commen...l_restaurants/
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I just got an Amex Plat earlier this month. The Uber app showed me the banner advertising the complimentary 12-month EatsPass subscription, but then when I clicked on it, a screen appeared saying that it was not available to me. Called Amex and one of the trouble-shooting things they had me do was delete all of my methods of payment on the Uber app except for my Plat. That didn't work but I contacted Uber Support and the problem resolved itself (I never received an acknowledgment or reply from Uber but perhaps they did something on the back end, not sure). So I am now enrolled in EatsPass.

I then try to add back my other credit cards that I use for Uber and for each of them Uber tells me, "There's a Payment Issue. Sorry, we are unable to accept your card. Please try adding a different one." These are the same cards I already had listed as methods of payment this morning but deleted during the call with Amex. I sent a chat message to Uber Support but again, no acknowledgment or reply. I'll see what happens over the next few days--has anyone encountered an issue like this? Thanks for any input.
Maine2LA likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:43 pm

What a surprise when I opened my app today. I've never seen this before, but UberEats now delivers groceries even from Costco, stuff from home improvement stores, home and bedding stores, corner gas convience stations,liquor stores, beauty shops, flower shops, pharmacies and more, etc. It looks like the delivery and packing fees come to about $5.00 No tipping or anything else. I'm in Mexico. Also, there's a place to insert your shoppers card memership number for each store when you order so you are credited. Has UberEats had this service before and I'm just seeing it???? I was using Rappi before until their app kept crashing. I'm going to look through the app to see if there's a membership for this specific service so maybe they will eliminate the service/delivery fee. But, $5.00 isn't bad when you buy a lot of stuff and don't want to go inside a covid infected store. lol
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:03 pm

Now my Amex UberEats pass is not working again. It stopped working before and mysteriously started working again, and now it's not working again Urrghh
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:42 pm

wow. PSA. now must pay with Amex CC for Eats Pass benefits to work. wasnt required yesterday.

EDIT:
the official terms on the website added new language. wasnt there before (wayback machine):

"Use your enrolled American Express Card to place your Uber Eats orders"
https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/campaigns/uber

im sure Doc will cover it soon
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...ss-cardholders

Last edited by GundamWing01; Apr 15, 2021 at 2:10 am
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
wow. PSA. now must pay with Amex CC for Eats Pass benefits to work. wasnt required yesterday.
I've tried all my Amex cards and none of them work any longer. I'm out of the country it was working perfectly and then last month it stopped. Well, at least it worked for a little while. I just pay for an UberPass here and it gives free delivery on UberEats and Cornershop. So, not that bad overall. I'll be back in the US in a few months and I'll see if it starts working there.
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
Huh. You're right. I used this yesterday, no problem. I just did a dummy order, and when I got to checkout there was a green box that said, "Use eligible Amex card to receive EatsPass benefits on this order."
They didn't bother giving us any warning of that, did they?
GundamWing01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.