Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveInLA

I got emails for codes of 10% and 15% off (wife and I have separate accounts). I believe using these codes means you don’t get portal cash back.
Combine those codes and buy through ebates link for an additional 10% back.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
1/18: in store GC
1/23: reimbursed
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by 4aks
Saks canceled my order with an "sorry your item is out of stock" email 11pm on 31-Dec , so I lost the use of the credit ...
Did you ever ask amex to see if they can stll credit your account
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I've got Saks credit reversed by Amex. Bought something from Saks in October for $50, then returned. Received credit, reversed in January.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by yugi
I've got Saks credit reversed by Amex. Bought something from Saks in October for $50, then returned. Received credit, reversed in January.
The same thing happened to me. There was an AmEx offer clawback.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yugi
A few folks on reddit reporting the same.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:51 pm

Ebates has !0% cash back at Saks today so bought some soap and I'll end up netting $4.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
A few folks on reddit reporting the same.
Seems like the ideal thing to do, even if you want to actually purchase something from Saks, is to buy a $50 GC, and then turn around and immediately use it to make a purchase. That way, should you return the item, $50 of that amount will be refunded as a GC, and Amex doesn't claw back the credit.
mia and Gasolin like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Robl
Ebates has !0% cash back at Saks today so bought some soap and I'll end up netting $4.
Because of this benefit I started using fancy soaps and after shave. Not sure if this is going to end up a net benefit hah.
dw, ijgordon and Statman like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by jimikim
Because of this benefit I started using fancy soaps and after shave. Not sure if this is going to end up a net benefit hah.
hahah I know that feel - just bought a $109 belt because I needed a belt...I figured a $59 belt was pretty reasonable?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
hahah I know that feel - just bought a $109 belt because I needed a belt...I figured a $59 belt was pretty reasonable?
You have spent too long browsing Saks if you believe even a $59 belt is reasonable
lax01 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lax01
People still wear belts?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
People still wear belts?
What's the alternative?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
What's the alternative?
Wearing pants that fit properly?
Diplomatico, lax01 and flyguy6 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Wearing pants that fit properly?
they are a thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.