Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I think its a one time thing, but give it a few days and then check. I'm also getting the same error.
Was able to view benefits finally by using Firefox private browsing. It says enrolled.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Does anyone know if we need to re-enroll for the new year, or is enrollment a one-time thing? Just getting the usual status unavailable when I login.
I'm able to see that I'm enrolled, and also see my $200 airline credit meter has been reset to full.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Does anyone know if we need to re-enroll for the new year, or is enrollment a one-time thing? Just getting the usual status unavailable when I login.
I'm seeing the same thing...will give it a few weeks before I try to make a purchase
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:14 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
does it work at OFF FIFTH?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:25 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I really like the Saks add, and it's something I can see myself getting good value out of. I easily spend a $200-500 a year at saks and off 5th, so if they don't include off 5th, as long as we can buy GCs at real Saks who cares.
is it confirmed that it dosent include off 5th?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by frank_10b
No.
bizum likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
No.
thanks
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by frank_10b
If you have a full Saks near you the workaround is to buy a $50 physical gift card in store and you can use it at OFF Fifth. Or buy a $150 physical (not eGfit) gift card from Saks.com that would work at OFF Fifth too but you only get your $50 back of course.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey

I would think 2H2018, as that’s when you made the charge.
I can confirm that a credit posted on 1/2 for a purchase posted in late December was drawn from my remaining 2H2018 balance.
Gig103 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:40 pm

Does the purchase need to be $50 without tax or does tax count towards the $50 total? I want to buy something for $48 and with tax it'll be like $51.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Jblazea50
Does the purchase need to be $50 without tax or does tax count towards the $50 total? I want to buy something for $48 and with tax it'll be like $51.
You should be credited back for any charge from Saks up to $50. So tax should count as well since it just shows up as a single Saks transaction. I also believe if it’s below $50 you’ll get a credit for the amount and have some left over for the next purchase, but I’m not sure anyone has found items that cheap there :P
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:27 am

Can Saks 5th giftcards also be used on gilt? My understanding is that purchases from gilt can be returned at off 5th, not sure about Saks 5th.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Pretty straight forward redemption, just used the card in a store, got the $50 back a couple of days later.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Jblazea50
Tax counts. Amex just credits based on the total charge that hits your Amex card.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
I am stationed overseas, but I ship to an APO address which has USA as the country and a ZIP code. Anybody had that case and got the refund?

...Not valid on online purchases shipped outside of the US....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.