Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Quick Data point. Wife and I purchased $50 gift card each at Saks in NYC Dec 1. Both received credit back on our Amex Plat Dec 4.

Dec 4

Credit

SHOP SAKS WITH PLATINUM CREDIT

-$50.00

Dec 1

SAKS FIFTH AVENUE 6 NEW YORK NY

$50.00
cuthroat and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Quick Data point. Wife and I purchased $50 gift card each at Saks in NYC Dec 1. Both received credit back on our Amex Plat Dec 4.

Dec 4

Credit

SHOP SAKS WITH PLATINUM CREDIT

-$50.00

Dec 1

SAKS FIFTH AVENUE 6 NEW YORK NY

$50.00
Just making sure - you and your wife have separate Amex Plat accounts, correct? My understanding is that this offer is one-per-account, and no additional credits for AUs (like the airline fee credit).
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:13 pm

If I made a purchase and got the $50 credit in November, when can I make another purchase for the other $50 credit?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:22 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by fly2
....when can I make another purchase for the other $50 credit?
January - June, 2019.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Mrs. Lee and I had fun last night wandering around our local Saks trying to find the most ridiculously priced items. I think a $600 Stella McCartney t-shirt won the prize. It was literally a plain white t-shirt with black Stella lettering on the chest. It wasn't even tagless or soft or anything. Felt like one of the cheap-o t-shirts you'd get at basketball games in college.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
Just making sure - you and your wife have separate Amex Plat accounts, correct? My understanding is that this offer is one-per-account, and no additional credits for AUs (like the airline fee credit).
Yes, my wife and I have 2 separate Amex Amerprise Plat accounts. Not shared! Best no fee card ever for the perks!
gooselee and cuthroat like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Javier1704
I found a scarf for $48... a. scarf. for. forty-eight. dollars....

Who the hell really buys at Saks?
My mom and I went to Saks of Naples, FL today for me to score a $50 gift certificate. Hours later, she is still fixated on the sweater she saw with a price tag of $2,145 - plus tax!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:07 am

purchased a GC online today, but it's showing up under pending charges as "ONLINE E-GIFT BUYATAB" i'm guessing this isn't going to trigger the credit?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:32 am

Nope. I've seen data points of it not triggering it.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bought a GC in-store on 12/9. Credit posted 12/12.

I really was trying to find an actual product to buy as a Christmas gift or something, but everything in there was absurd. Even the gift card was absurd - the cashier insisted on fitting it in a little box and putting it in a big bag even though I said they could literally just hand it to me as it was going to get put inside a greeting card.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
Bought a GC in-store on 12/9. Credit posted 12/12.

I really was trying to find an actual product to buy as a Christmas gift or something, but everything in there was absurd. Even the gift card was absurd - the cashier insisted on fitting it in a little box and putting it in a big bag even though I said they could literally just hand it to me as it was going to get put inside a greeting card.
Had the same experience at Las Vegas but the shop attendant seemed so proud of what she was doing so I let her proceed.

That being said, check the outlet/sales online as there are actually some very decent deals.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Had the same experience at Las Vegas but the shop attendant seemed so proud of what she was doing so I let her proceed.

That being said, check the outlet/sales online as there are actually some very decent deals.
Yeah we have an Off 5th literally across the highway from the mall where our Saks is. I'll pick up another $50 in January and then take my $100 over there and root around.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Purchased a $150 gift card from saks.com on 12/11 which shows on the statement as "SAKS DIRECT #689 068LA VERGNE TN" and "Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase".

Credit for $50 posted 12/14.
mia, LR2013, cuthroat and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Exclamation

Ebates.com offers a 'double-dipping' opportunity for online purchases on Saks.com
10% cash-back
https://www.ebates.com/saksfifthavenue.com

Then pay with Amex Plat.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by geoffk
purchased a GC online today, but it's showing up under pending charges as "ONLINE E-GIFT BUYATAB" i'm guessing this isn't going to trigger the credit?
Can we have an update on whether the credit posted?

Originally Posted by missamo80
Purchased a $150 gift card from saks.com on 12/11 which shows on the statement as "SAKS DIRECT #689 068LA VERGNE TN" and "Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase".

Credit for $50 posted 12/14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.