Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Does anyone know if I order online from Saks Off 5th if that will be eligible for the statement credit? I saw this in the T&Cs, so I'm guessing no, but OTOH, it is working for gift card purchases.

Valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories. Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online).
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Does anyone know if I order online from Saks Off 5th if that will be eligible for the statement credit? I saw this in the T&Cs, so I'm guessing no, but OTOH, it is working for gift card purchases.
It works for sure for orders online, I tried both store and online without issues. For gift cards, I suppose it works, the only feedback I saw in this thread was that online, you don't have a $50 gift card so you have to buy a higher amount.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Gasolin
It works for sure for orders online, I tried both store and online without issues. For gift cards, I suppose it works, the only feedback I saw in this thread was that online, you don't have a $50 gift card so you have to buy a higher amount.
she’s asking about saks OFF 5th. As far as i know, no.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

she’s asking about saks OFF 5th. As far as i know, no.
Oh wow, thanks for pointing that one, I didn't even know there was a Sacks OFF 5th... my bad.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:04 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Purchased a medium Tumi umbrella for $70 today. There is a small one for $60.

Not a bad way to use the credit for those who do not care for overpriced clothes from Saks.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, but you have to do it in the right way. First, you have to physically walk into a Saks Fifth Avenue store, and buy a gift card with your Amex. Then use the gift card to purchase something online at Saks Off 5th.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:31 am

Bought a $50 gift card in store last week, credit posted pretty quickly after. What site are you guys using to offload these? Seems like maybe Cardpool is the best, but it's $41 and change if picking Amazon credit. Raise seems much worse.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Zorn_
Bought a $50 gift card in store last week, credit posted pretty quickly after. What site are you guys using to offload these? Seems like maybe Cardpool is the best, but it's $41 and change if picking Amazon credit. Raise seems much worse.
I offload my gift cards at Saks Off 5th buying random gifts for my mom. Very nice Cashmere selection lately.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Does Off 5th take these in person, or only online?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Does Off 5th take these in person, or only online?
All my experience is in-person.

I have both a Saks and an Off 5th in my area. I go to the physical Saks and buy a physical GC; then drive across the street to the Off 5th and spend the physical GC.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
As a reminder, we have until the end of the month to use our $50 benefit. Get started with your shopping! There is a great sale happening right now!

Neiman Marcus has started struggling more and more since they lost their Amex exclusivity. Big mistake on their part....
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally stopped by the one in PHL to get a GC yesterday.

Amazing how much detail they use to wrap it. And your receipt even gets its own holder
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by beckoa
Amazing how much detail they use to wrap it. And your receipt even gets its own holder
This time I told them not to bother with the wrapping or even the holder.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Finally stopped by the one in PHL to get a GC yesterday.

When I came out of the store in Florida holding a small bag, my mother was horrified I might have bought something at Saks' whopping retail prices! Had to explain it was only a gc.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by gengar
This time I told them not to bother with the wrapping or even the holder.
TSA damaged the bag (checked it... I know, but was in a hurry).

Oh well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.