Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
So it appears the Saks credit does work on gift cards, at least if purchased in store. I bought a $50 one in store on July 1 and saw the credit post yesterday.
Anyone have additional data points on gift cards? Has anyone gambled with an online GC order? There was a reported glitch at the beginning of the month where even non-Saks purchases were given the Saks' credit so I'm wondering if krazykanuck inadvertently benefited from that, or not.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gig103
Anyone have additional data points on gift cards? Has anyone gambled with an online GC order? There was a reported glitch at the beginning of the month where even non-Saks purchases were given the Saks' credit so I'm wondering if krazykanuck inadvertently benefited from that, or not.
I mean if you want any more evidence, I did the same and bought a $50 GC in store using my MB Plat a couple weeks ago, and that got reimbursed too. I don't think I benefited from that odd July 1 glitch where people were getting credits for non Saks purchases because those credits showed up days before mine did.

I don't think I've seen an online GC data point, but the issue there is the minimum is $150 online, so understandably people may not want to chance it.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jul 31, 2018 at 9:07 am
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I mean if you want any more evidence, I did the same and bought a $50 GC in store using my MB Plat a couple weeks ago, and that got reimbursed too. I don't think I benefited from that odd July 1 glitch where people were getting credits for non Saks purchases because those credits showed up days before mine did.

<image>

I don't think I've seen an online GC data point, but the issue there is the minimum is $150 online, so understandably people may not want to chance it.
Hi Krazy, I wasn't trying to sound like a doubting Thomas, I just have no real use for Saks' so I'm trying to be extra cautious prior to driving 30 miles to pick up a GC. I appreciate your additional data point though for sure! And I didn't realize the GCs are $150+ online I hadn't gotten that far into my planning. Cheers!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Anyone having issues registering for Saks promo?

I keep getting following errors:

Page Not Found

We're sorry, but we could not find a page matching your request. Please check that you have entered the correct address. You can also return to the previous page, or go to the homepage.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Anyone having issues registering for Saks promo?

I keep getting following errors:

Page Not Found

We're sorry, but we could not find a page matching your request. Please check that you have entered the correct address. You can also return to the previous page, or go to the homepage.
Same issue. Does the Saks benefit actually require registration?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by trouble747
Same issue. Does the Saks benefit actually require registration?
Yes.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Yes.
do you? I thought you just had to make a purchase at Saks then Amex would reimburse it (up to $50)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
do you? I thought you just had to make a purchase at Saks then Amex would reimburse it (up to $50)
go to americanexpress.com/cardbenefits

you will notice that under Saks, enrollment is required.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
How It Works
Enroll now.
Use your Card for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue.
Get up to $50 in statement credits from January through June and up to $50 in statement credits from July through December. That’s up to $100 in statement credits annually.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:21 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Glad I caught that before spending at Saks. Unsurprisingly, the enrollment page is also broken for me. What is it with Amex and broken links. I had a real hard time recently enrolling for all the different benefits when I opened my account.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks for clarifying. Glad I caught that before spending at Saks. Unsurprisingly, the enrollment page is also broken for me. What is it with Amex and broken links. I had a real hard time recently enrolling for all the different benefits when I opened my account.
They are having problems with their system. Yesterday it showed I wasn't enrolled in anything. Today, some items are accurate, others are not.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:50 pm

My impression of the Saks credit is that we get credited for the Saks purchase up to $50, twice yearly. I just made a $48+ purchase at Saks over the weekend and the charge just finalized. I also just got a credit for exactly 10% of that charge (4.85).
It says— SAKS DIRECT HRDC 689ABERDEEN
This is the first Saks purchase I’ve made so I know I didn’t use up the credit. Am I misunderstanding the credit? And yes, I registered in early July.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My impression of the Saks credit is that we get credited for the Saks purchase up to $50, twice yearly. I just made a $48+ purchase at Saks over the weekend and the charge just finalized. I also just got a credit for exactly 10% of that charge (4.85).
It says— SAKS DIRECT HRDC 689ABERDEEN
This is the first Saks purchase I’ve made so I know I didn’t use up the credit. Am I misunderstanding the credit? And yes, I registered in early July.
No you're not misunderstanding it, it is $50 bi-annually. It is odd that it was exactly 10%, you might give it a few days to see if it fixes itself otherwise I'd call/chat with Amex and they should be able to fix it. With all the IT issues Amex is having with this credit, I wouldn't be shocked if there is a(nother) bug.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
No you're not misunderstanding it, it is $50 bi-annually. It is odd that it was exactly 10%, you might give it a few days to see if it fixes itself otherwise I'd call/chat with Amex and they should be able to fix it. With all the IT issues Amex is having with this credit, I wouldn't be shocked if there is a(nother) bug.
The 10% sounds suspiciously like how the credits from a recent supermarkets offer have been showing up. Sounds like Amex systems may be stumbling over each other...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
The 10% sounds suspiciously like how the credits from a recent supermarkets offer have been showing up. Sounds like Amex systems may be stumbling over each other...
There's also 10% from department stores, and it could be that credit applied. Saks credit might come later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.