Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
If you are flying out of concourse B, approximately how much time will it add to your journey to have to walk/train to the Centurion Lounge in concourse C and then back to B?

[I am completely ignorant of DEN - I'm suggesting to a friend that it's worth bothering to accept a 100K signup bonus to get a platinum card, but he thinks it'll take him too long on the train to be worth his while. No need to provide me with the other obvious counterarguments - I'm just looking for the time differential in Denver]
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by huge
If you are flying out of concourse B, approximately how much time will it add to your journey to have to walk/train to the Centurion Lounge in concourse C and then back to B?

[I am completely ignorant of DEN - I'm suggesting to a friend that it's worth bothering to accept a 100K signup bonus to get a platinum card, but he thinks it'll take him too long on the train to be worth his while. No need to provide me with the other obvious counterarguments - I'm just looking for the time differential in Denver]
My estimate is 20 minutes, round trip. If you're taking regional jet flights out of B then 30 minutes.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by transportprof
My estimate is 20 minutes, round trip. If you're taking regional jet flights out of B then 30 minutes.
Also, keep in mind that the occupant of Concourse B, United, is now operating flights out of all three concourses due to ongoing construction. A lot of their regional jet flights that were previously out of B-70+ are now operating out of the regional jet area of Concourse A, which is a fair distance from Concourse C.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I'd say that the only incremental time needed to get to C from A regional gates compared to B regional gates is an extra 30 seconds on the train since you have to go A-C instead of B-C. The walk from the farthest regional A and farthest regional B are similar in length. A might be a tiny bit shorter and certainly less crowded.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Just went by today. Took about 10 min each way to the teen B gate. Peaking through the gaps in the signage the upper level still seems gutted. I fly through Denver 2-4 times a month and would love to see this lounge open soon.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Fullerton
Just went by today. Took about 10 min each way to the teen B gate. Peaking through the gaps in the signage the upper level still seems gutted. I fly through Denver 2-4 times a month and would love to see this lounge open soon.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Jeffrey Fullerton! Was there any signage indicating a projected opening?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by trojan516

Standing here now, still has "Coming Soon" verbiage previously shared. Asked a friend who is a lead architect on the DEN renovation for any insight, but she's over A and B, not C, so fingers crossed for info!
Talking with my friend, she said the completion date has definitely pushed out into 2020, and may still be a year out. Very disappointing news to say the least

Last edited by trojan516; Aug 27, 2019 at 3:34 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by mpw81
I'd say that the only incremental time needed to get to C from A regional gates compared to B regional gates is an extra 30 seconds on the train since you have to go A-C instead of B-C. The walk from the farthest regional A and farthest regional B are similar in length. A might be a tiny bit shorter and certainly less crowded.
Agreed, the difference is negligible.

The biggest variable is how many times the automated voice on the train has to nag people for holding open the door.

(RIP the old admonishment)
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by txflyer77
The biggest variable is how many times the automated voice on the train has to nag people for holding open the door.

(RIP the old admonishment)
I miss the old one. It was far more effective at getting people to stop blocking the door and subsequently shaming them. RIP indeed.

I was primarily concerned about people accidentally going on autopilot to the regional area of Terminal B when they were actually departing from the regional area of Terminal A.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
For those who don't know what we're talking about:
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Brings a tear to my eye to hear that again!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Alan Roach (his real name) was just saying what the rest of us who had somewhere to go were already thinking in our heads... "YOU (!!!) are delaying the departure of this train."

I know someone who sells food product to companies that operate the lounges out there and he'd heard definitely not until 2020. It seems like The Points Guy also confirmed that yesterday, but I'm not interested in driving traffic to his site with a link.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:31 am

Got to DEN a little early this morning so I went over to C. No visible progress made since last pics as far as I can tell.

I was flying out of B (B39, so right in the middle) so I decided to time the walk. From the bottom of the escalators at the Amex lounge to B39 I made it in 4:56. I consider this the fastest possible time without breaking a sweat. I walked on the moving walkways, I kept moving on the escalators, I was able to step right onto the train without waiting and my gate was almost the closest to the center of B. I would always plan at least 10 mins and a few extra if you are on the far reaches of A or B.
mia, Cardboard55 and milesforhire like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:42 pm

I have checked roughly monthly, and I can't see any progress over the entire summer. I wonder/speculate if any of this is related to Denver's disaster in the main terminal.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
With the loss of Timberline in October, I'm watching this way more closely than before lol
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.