Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:44 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
Does the additional 1x for the BBP card post immediately after transaction is cleared?
No, Blue for Business is earning one base point and one bonus point.
Blue Business Plus earns 2 base points dollar, the full amount shows pending after the statement closes.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by mia
No, Blue for Business is earning one base point and one bonus point.
Blue Business Plus earns 2 base points dollar, the full amount shows pending after the statement closes.
^ thanks - good to know the distinction. so technically B4B is more 'superior' in this sense.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Have no problem to confirm receipt of the Primary card (husband's) earlier this week and it immediately was auto-added to existing log in once logged in upon the prompt.

However when I tried to confirm receipt of my AU card today, it wont let me add it to existing log in of my profile. Instead I have to create a new online log in for it.

I know many have this issue with their Primary cards.

Has anyone experienced this issue with the AU card?
In case others also encounter similar issue -

AMEX said the DOB on the AU card did not match my existing online account profile.
I do not recall there is ever a place to fill in the DOB during the card application process as the Primary card is done after logged in as existing customer. All it asked was annual income and then it was it.

Looking at the Screen Shot on Adding Employee Card, the information needed is Employee's First Name, Last Name, Name appears on the card.
That.is.it! How could AMEX system got a DOB of me on the Employee card as there is not even SSN asked.

I would say it is its system screw up - picking up Primary Card's DOB to attach to the AU card. Must be some omission when they upgraded the website. Did not have such issue before on all previous AU cards as late as Dec '16.

Yesterday the system was acting funny too - when I logged out it gave me Page Not Found error! Also unable to log in several times, also getting the Page Not Found error. Seems the gateways at the background are all messed up.

A supervisor fixed the DOB and tried to add it to my existing online account but was not immediately successful. He said it looked like the system would not updated until 24 to 48 hours after the correction. Chat rep could not even access the AU card info at all, system kept rejecting the 4 digits on the front according to the chat rep.
Called again several hours later, a rep in Orlando confirmed the DOB was fixed and "hopefully" 24 to 48 hours later it would either show up in my existing online account or I can add it myself.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by bigbuy
Yes^
How long does it take to post from the time you finished MSR? I hit it 15 days ago but it hasn't posted yet. My statement close date is the 23rd. Normally for amex the signup bonuses post within a week of meeting MSR. Right now my account just says:

Pending Points20,000
Pending Points become Available Points when you:
Pay your bill on-time.
Wait until the next closing date.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:14 pm

I just received my Blue Business Plus card today via UPS. I followed mia's instructions and added this card to my existing AMEX accounts. One sign-in for all cards. I did notice, however that there is a foreign transaction fee on this card of 2.7%. Too bad I didn't notice this before. I was going to use it to pay off a vacation booked through a Canadian company. My spend would have been completed with one purchase. I may still use for that purpose...... I hate having that minimum spend hanging over my head.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K
boo...first time applying for an AMEX business card...my application is pending
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by fauxreals
How long does it take to post from the time you finished MSR? I hit it 15 days ago but it hasn't posted yet. My statement close date is the 23rd. Normally for amex the signup bonuses post within a week of meeting MSR. Right now my account just says:

Pending Points20,000
Pending Points become Available Points when you:
Pay your bill on-time.
Wait until the next closing date.
My 20k posted on June 11th, which is the statement closing date. I hit minimum spend on June 5th.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
boo...first time applying for an AMEX business card...my application is pending
received approval email today..yay!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by esf
So Amex thinks they can afford a 2X everywhere no AF card, but not a convoluted 50% back on a $450 AF card?
What's wrong with Amex?
Well, it seems pretty clear they can't offer them both, since that would turn the 2X card into a 4% everywhere card...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:11 pm

Not sure if I should get this card. I do a fair amount of MS, but have never really been into Amex MR. i have an everday card I'd like to dump and this would allow me to keep my MR active. But, I'm considering the Delta card right now and that seems like that might be more valuable...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:18 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdog999
...considering the Delta card right now and that seems like that might be more valuable...
Because?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Because?
60K or 70K Miles vs 20K MR. Are MR really that much more valuable? Been using Chase UR but not MR so much. Of course 100K ongoing each year MR.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:59 pm
mia
Original Poster

60K or 70K Miles vs 20K MR....
Thank you for the clarification. I couldn't tell if you were referring only to the new account bonus, or something else.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the clarification. I couldn't tell if you were referring only to the new account bonus, or something else.
Are MR really that valuable? I have a few other 2%+ cards (Spark, Arrival+) but if it would be valuable to generate 100K MR a year then maybe its worth it to get this card over one of the Delta cards. I guess the question for me is how much more valuable is 100K MR than $1000 or $1050? If these were Chase UR I know I calculate those as about 1.8c as that's what I get transferring to Hyatt, but I'm not a MR expert.

Last edited by cdog999; Jun 14, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are MR really that valuable? I have a few other 2%+ cards (Spark, Arrival+) but if it would be valuable to generate 100K MR a year then maybe its worth it to get this card over one of the Delta cards. I guess the question for me is how much more valuable is 100K MR than $1000 or $1050? If these were Chase UR I know I calculate those as about 1.8c as that's what I get transferring to Hyatt, but I'm not a MR expert.
1 Amex MR point = 1 DL mile (in transfers), so if you're comparing against getting a Delta card, it seems simplest to compare Delta miles to Amex MR points, no?

It's much more complicated to compare MR points against dollars, so if you're weighing only MR points vs Delta miles, and they're convertible 1:1 (one way) between the two, why not just look at that way for simplicity?

I can't tell you exactly (or even approximately) how valuable Delta miles are because (1) I don't know how you'll use them and (2) there's a lot of argument out there about how to value business class or first class international fares that you redeem for but would never really pay cash for. Nevertheless, if you feel because of your redemptions that DL miles are worth 2 or more cent per mile, then Amex MR transferred to DL would be worth exactly the same (but obviously only if used for those kinds of flights).

DL miles value depends a lot on whether you'll use them only when they present high value (low redemption rates compared to cash cost), or if you'll use them no matter what the value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.