Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Besides the obvious 2x MR on 50k spend, the greatest part about this card is the no AF and being able to transfer the MR to partners. Very underrated perk of this card.
same as every day card
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
same as every day card
No, the best perk of this card is that 1) it does not affect 5/24 and 2) it does not Hard Pull you.

Ohhh and 3) 12 months 0% APR without having your FICO affected (utilization), as, again, does not show up on your Credit Reports,
And yes, I pay my balances in full every month, as I MS, but still good as you can leave money in the savings account while sending those Wally MO's that take 7 to 10 days to arrive via USPS

Of course, while giving you 2X MR for every $1 and 20K MR signing bonus with no annual fee
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlitos
No, the best perk of this card is that 1) it does not affect 5/24 and 2) it does not Hard Pull you.

Ohhh and 3) 12 months 0% APR without having your FICO affected (utilization), as, again, does not show up on your Credit Reports,
And yes, I pay my balances in full every month, as I MS, but still good as you can leave money in the savings account while sending those Wally MO's that take 7 to 10 days to arrive via USPS

Of course, while giving you 2X MR for every $1 and 20K MR signing bonus with no annual fee
Not any more it doesn't! Haven't you noticed the change in the thread title? No one can find a link any more that has any signup bonus.

So while you may have gotten that bonus, no one applying today or tomorrow can get one.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:56 pm

Interesting - so my wife, a Biz Gold cardholder got an offer in the mail with the 20k that is good through 8/31/17. I just checked the offer online - using her invite code - and it still has that - we've got some other spend we're working on, so I want to hold off applying for her, just wanted to throw that out there- the mailed offers still have some time.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not any more it doesn't! Haven't you noticed the change in the thread title? No one can find a link any more that has any signup bonus.

So while you may have gotten that bonus, no one applying today or tomorrow can get one.
remember my friend, in this game/hobby you most act fast, specially if it is not under a 5/24 rule
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlitos
remember my friend, in this game/hobby you most act fast, specially if it is not under a 5/24 rule
Unless you already have 5 Amex credit cards and are not ready to give up any of them yet!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
You can ask, but don't be surprised if they make you wait a year to give an increase. Many banks these days (due to their interpretation of the credit protection act passed a few years ago) do not allow changes to credit limit within the first year.
I think you're confused. I've received a CLI inside of the first year (and usually six months) on pretty much every credit card I've ever owned.

The CARD act doesn't apply to business credit cards, nor does it say anything about restricting credit line increases, only APR's and limits on late fees, plus other smaller things such as when payment due dates can be applied.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
My wife and I were both approved (without hard pull) for $9k and within 2 weeks we have each CLI'd to $20k.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The CARD act doesn't apply to business credit cards, nor does it say anything about restricting credit line increases, only APR's and limits on late fees, plus other smaller things such as when payment due dates can be applied.
It doesn't matter what the CARD act actually says. Many banks are over-interpreting it, and for example not allowing product changes until after you've had the card one year, etc. And that over-interpretation is done by the people setting the policies, not by the agents you're speaking to, so you can't convince them that they're over-interpreting the CARD act and that they should do what you asked.

But yes, you're right on the point that it shouldn't apply to business cards.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
It doesn't matter what the CARD act actually says. Many banks are over-interpreting it, and for example not allowing product changes until after you've had the card one year, etc. And that over-interpretation is done by the people setting the policies, not by the agents you're speaking to, so you can't convince them that they're over-interpreting the CARD act and that they should do what you asked.

But yes, you're right on the point that it shouldn't apply to business cards.
It doesn't apply to business cards, not shouldn't.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:25 pm

Has anyone received their MR points, let alone the 20k bonus, after first statement closed?

I paid before statement date but MR balance is 0 in my account.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:42 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by op487062

I paid before statement date but MR balance is 0 in my account.
This is normal. The base points will post after the next statement is issued, as explained here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

The bonus points may post anytime between the date your qualifying transaction posted and the maximum time specified in the offer terms.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both the last statement's spend and the 20K bonus are in Pending. Details show as June statement. However that is misleading as the final spend to meet the requirement happened in July billing cycle despite was made on June 27.
Current statement spend (between June 13 and July 13 that met the spend requirement) not showing any where but then statement is not closed until Jul 13.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
My bonus points posted the day after I made the purchase that took me over $3000 in spend.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
It doesn't apply to business cards, not shouldn't.
Again, as I said before, what the CARD act says is somewhat irrelevant. Yes, it says it doesn't apply. What i meant is that in practice this means that the restrictions on card account changes shouldn't apply to any business cards. But whether it applies to business cards is dependent on the bank interpreting the CARD act accurately (not on what the CARD act actually says), and it's clear than many banks have over-interpreted other aspects of the CARD act, and without having datapoints for every bank that issues business cards, I do not have faith that every single such bank realized that it doesn't apply to business cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.