Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Announced today http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300457742.html

CHICAGO, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- MAG USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MAG – the largest UK-owned airport group, today announced complimentary access to their U.S. Escape Lounges for American Express' Platinum Card® Members. Beginning today, Platinum Card Members can visit Escape's current and future U.S. locations for free, including existing Escape Lounge locations in Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP), Oakland International Airport (OAK) and Bradley International Airport (BDL) near Hartford.

Platinum Card Members flying on any airline will simply present the U.S. Escape Lounge host with their Platinum Card, along with their boarding pass and government issued I.D. to enter the lounge and begin enjoying the premium amenities. Card Members may be accompanied by up to two traveling companions for no additional charge.*
Old May 15, 2017, 3:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Very interesting. Cardholders already had access to the MSP location through Priority Pass, but the OAK and BDL locations aren't currently part of the PP network.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:12 pm

Good news for those that fly out of OAK.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Troopers
Good news for those that fly out of OAK.
Very. But I am so conflicted. Within a minute of each other, I learned of my new Escape Lounge access and that the POTUS has just revealed classified secrets to the Russians.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Very. But I am so conflicted. Within a minute of each other, I learned of my new Escape Lounge access and that the POTUS has just revealed classified secrets to the Russians.
What is the connection between these two news stories? Were the Escape Lounge access codes part of the classified dossier shared by POTUS?
Old May 15, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by transportprof
What is the connection between these two news stories? Were the Escape Lounge access codes part of the classified dossier shared by POTUS?
The only connection was that I was so thrilled and then so pissed off all within the same minute.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Awesome news. I've been visiting BDL a lot lately and was disappointed the first time I went there and realized Escape BDL wasn't part of PP.

^ on the guest policy, too.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:32 pm

Day late and a dollar short...

I really could have used this last night when we were early in OAK. (Allowed extra time for the BART line service).

It may only affect me once a year or so, but it's always nice to have options. Thanks OP.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
BDL looks like a small room with mostly tables and chairs, almost cafeteria style they way they're lined up close to each other, for eating rather than soft seating or private areas. It really didn't look comfortable to me and was very different from the MSP Escape lounge. Could there have been another room at BDL that I missed?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BDL looks like a small room with mostly tables and chairs, almost cafeteria style they way they're lined up close to each other, for eating rather than soft seating or private areas. It really didn't look comfortable to me and was very different from the MSP Escape lounge. Could there have been another room at BDL that I missed?
I thought the escape lounge at MSP was bush league anyway. They had one agent doing the check in, the food and the drinks. Not easy for her by any stretch and it makes the experience poor overall. I felt for her but the company needs to step up and hire more people to work the lounge.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
... ... Could there have been another room at BDL that I missed?
There is an image here. Does it match your recollection?

https://loungereview.com/lounges/escape-lounge-bdl/
Old May 16, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mia
There is an image here. Does it match your recollection?

https://loungereview.com/lounges/escape-lounge-bdl/
Yes, MIA...

That BDL lounge has plenty of soft seating. Im guessing MSP Econ just saw a picture of the food-side of the lounge. There are more seats tucked away in back corners too outside of the photo you posted as well. I'd say the BDL lounge isnt huge, but it's certainly bigger than the BDL Admirals Club. I'd guess around 2500 sqft.

I've been to all three:
The Escape BDL food is very good. Not quite Centurion IMO, but very close. If someone said the Escape BDL food was better than Cent I wouldnt argue w/them.

The food at MSP isnt as good as BDL or OAK. It just isnt presented as nicely. It's sort of sloppy looking. Maybe b/c of those heat lamps or those cafeteria-style cold areas someone else mentioned. BDL/OAK do not have those and the food just looks nicer than MSP. That being said, MSP makes a great hot ham & cheese sandwich. That and a beer is a real meal.

So despite my criticism I'd say the Escape MSP food certainly blows away the "new" MSP Skyclub down the hall. And agree they need more staff. But I cant understand how DL can look itself in the eyes at MSP knowing that Escape's food is so much better. Maybe they want those that have AXP/PP to choose Escape to help with over-crowding?

I like the OAK lounge as much as the BDL lounge. It's a small sample size, but I'd say the food is best at OAK-- but the staff is better at BDL.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Wonderful news. I've got some DCA-BDL round trips coming up in June, so this is perfect. I'm excited to try out the lounge.

Now if only Amex would do something about lounge access at DCA, I can't believe it's been three years.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Looks ok.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:18 am

I've heard rumors that MSP Escape will now be leaving PP starting next month....can anyone confirm or deny? As a Plat cardholder, I'd be fine with that. Less crowding, maybe they can have more food available? The lounge has really gone downhill since it opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.