Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 6:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
[left]ONT T4 is opening next week...
Reported already open.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Robt760
ONT T4 is opening next week sometime, and will be open all day and Into the night (9pm).

ONT T2 has already scaled back, and closes from 11am until 3pm.

PHX has a temporary Esc Lounge in T3 High B gates (old The Club) but will eventually be full scale be end of year.

Supposedly, SMF is next on the list to open a lounge, according to signage posted somewhere at the airport.
What airlines are associated with the PHX location?
Old May 8, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What airlines are associated with the PHX location?
Terminal 4

AA, international flights and feasible for Southwest flyers (but have to cross long airside bridge).
Old May 21, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Visiting Escape Lounges Without a Physical Amex Platinum Card?

If I visit a Centurion Lounge without the card, they can look me up. How about Escape? Will they settle for the depiction of the card on the Amex app?

Thx....
Old May 22, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Explore
If I visit a Centurion Lounge without the card, they can look me up. How about Escape? Will they settle for the depiction of the card on the Amex app?

Thx....
I doubt that very much. Escape is an Amex partner, not Amex. I can’t believe Amex would allow Escape that kind of access to its records.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT
At least at MSP, they don't even swipe the card, just match your DL to the card and hit a button on the iPad to record your visit.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:12 pm

Can I visit the OAK lounge on arrival or do I need a boarding pass for a departing flight?
T&C say same day boarding pass which I assume covers entry in arrival, but after the recent changes for the centurion lounges I’m not certain anymore. Thanks for any insights
Old May 22, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by linglingfool
At least at MSP, they don't even swipe the card, just match your DL to the card and hit a button on the iPad to record your visit.
What is this DL? If you mean driver's license, my personal policy is never to show it in an airport or other situation when I'm obviously leaving town as it contains my home address, nor in fact when it's not required for something related driving a motor vehicle, such as when I pick up a rental car or renew my license.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:55 am
mia

PVD is now open: New Providence Escape Lounge
Old May 23, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT
What is this DL? If you mean driver's license, my personal policy is never to show it in an airport or other situation when I'm obviously leaving town as it contains my home address, nor in fact when it's not required for something related driving a motor vehicle, such as when I pick up a rental car or renew my license.
GE card, passport -- whatever form of ID you prefer to use. (And unlike TSA, Escape is perfectly within their right to deny you entry if you decline to produce ID.)
Old May 30, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explore

Thx....
Answering my own question, my experience at the ONT Terminal 4 Escape Lounge was that they didn't require a physical Amex Platinum card, but did need the full 15-digit card number. Since Amex only makes the last 5 digits available online, on statements and even by phone request, and my wife was out of the house, I was out of luck. I have rectified this situation for the future by photographing each of my active credit cards, so this information is on my smartphone. A photographic depiction is also likely to be more convincing than just a set of numbers, IMHO.

BTW, the ONT terminal dining options are quite poor, businesses have limited hours, and a number of concession spaces have apparently never been leased, so an Escape Lounge here is particularly valuable - assuming it's high quality.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:31 am

Is there really an Escape lounge at SMF? The airport isn't on the dropdown list of the Escape lounges website that google found for me.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:37 am
mia

Is there really an Escape lounge at SMF?
Coming soon, see my reply here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31151513-post4.html
Old May 30, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. Those pictures weren't on the website I was viewing.

Both announcements say that Escape lounges at both terminals (A and B) at SMF will open in Spring 2019, which most people would say ends about now.

Has anyone been through SMF recently to be able to get a report from the ground regarding how close the lounges look to opening?
Old May 30, 2019, 12:13 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Thank you. Those pictures weren't on the website I was viewing.

Both announcements say that Escape lounges at both terminals (A and B) at SMF will open in Spring 2019, which most people would say ends about now.

Has anyone been through SMF recently to be able to get a report from the ground regarding how close the lounges look to opening?
I flew through SMF Terminal A over Memorial Day weekend, but it was not open yet. They did have a flight info display inside by the door that was powered on and connected, but I didn't take a close look inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.