Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by nemenor
Can I visit the OAK lounge on arrival or do I need a boarding pass for a departing flight?
T&C say same day boarding pass which I assume covers entry in arrival, but after the recent changes for the centurion lounges I’m not certain anymore. Thanks for any insights
I have entered on arrival numerous times.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
First SMF location reported open:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...-smf-open.html
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can verify that SMF A is open. They told me that they opened on Monday (Memerial Day). I wasn't able to stay long enough to check out the F&B, but it looked spacious (empty) yesterday evening, with a variety of types of seating areas. It's located on your left near the start of the A gates and seems hard to miss.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:17 pm
mia

SMF terminal B is now also open.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:57 am

Not sure how recent (or significant) this is, but I just caught on LoungeBuddy that all Escape Lounges have been rebranded as "Escape Lounges - The Centurion Studio Partner". They also now appear directly on the Centurion Lounge website itself (scroll down to Global Lounge Collection map and you can toggle between Centurion Lounges and Escape Lounges)

This is slightly reassuring for me because the Escape Lounge at my nearby alternative airport is a bit nicer than most standard Priority Pass lounges, so it is good to see it tucked a little bit further under the Amex wing.

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Jul 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:39 pm

I also caught that the Food & Drink portion of the Escape Lounges page has been updated to include a blurb on "Exclusive AMEX Perks"

Platinum and Centurion Card Members at Escape Lounges - The Centurion® Studio Partner, enjoy access to an exclusive menu of premium snacks, wine and liquors in addition to the full food and bar menu available to all guests.

So I wonder how premium those will be?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
I also caught that the Food & Drink portion of the Escape Lounges page has been updated to include a blurb on "Exclusive AMEX Perks"

So I wonder how premium those will be?
IIRC, they always had a bit higher end brand liquor for purchase pre pandemic, and snacks like Macaroons for purchase in addition to the regular (quite good) food selections.

If I were to guess the pandemic caused these lounges to come calling Amex for liquidity and Amex bargained for better amenities and branding in exchange
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:07 pm

TPG published an article on this change

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...ork-expansion/

They did note that for the Escape Lounges...

However, there will be a wider selection of complimentary cocktails, spirits, wine and premium snacks (in addition to the full menu and bar available). Day passes will continue to be sold to those ineligible for entry based on their Amex card.

So that's encouraging.

Also of note here, it looks like the spare parts International Centurions (the non-Lounge variants) will all be upgraded to "Centurion Lounge" branding. It seems that they will mostly be receiving cosmetic improvements but the article hints at a standardizing of food/beverage offerings too.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
TPG published an article on this change

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...ork-expansion/

They did note that for the Escape Lounges...

So that's encouraging.

Also of note here, it looks like the spare parts International Centurions (the non-Lounge variants) will all be upgraded to "Centurion Lounge" branding. It seems that they will mostly be receiving cosmetic improvements but the article hints at a standardizing of food/beverage offerings too.
As long as they keep those delicious mini apple pies ill be a happy camper
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
IIRC, they always had a bit higher end brand liquor for purchase pre pandemic, and snacks like Macaroons for purchase in addition to the regular (quite good) food selections.

If I were to guess the pandemic caused these lounges to come calling Amex for liquidity and Amex bargained for better amenities and branding in exchange
The one at PHX a few days ago had additional premium drinks complimentary for AmEx Plat & Cent card members.
Statman likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by econ
The one at PHX a few days ago had additional premium drinks complimentary for AmEx Plat & Cent card members.
Got to the PHX Escape lounge a bit after 5 pm today (aka when the CL is closed). They had a waitlist going. The initial estimate was 40 min wait, ans I got the notification that I could enter after 72 mins, I declined since it was only 10 mins before boarding at that point. Should have gone to the AA lounge, but my gate was near the CL/Escape lounges,
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:38 pm

FYI...I noticed about a week ago that both Ontario Escape lounges have closed. There is now no mention of them on the Escape website. Very odd and frustrating since I have a flight out of there in a few weeks.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:47 pm
mia

As mentioned, Escape lounges will soon be branded Centurion Studios. The small Centurion Lounge at SEA was originally a Centurion Studio, but American Express made no further use of the brand until now. This is mentioned in the new offer terms of the refreshed Platinum card. This benefit also extends to Skymiles Reserve cardholders when flying on a Delta ticket purchased with an American Express card.

Escape Lounges – The Centurion® Studio Partner
This benefit is available to Platinum Cards. Additional Gold Cards and Additional Green Cards on your Platinum Card account are not eligible for complimentary access. Card Members receive complimentary access to any US location of the Escape Lounges. Card Member must present his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and government-issued I.D. In some cases, Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Card Members may bring either (i) up to two guests or (ii) immediate family members, which are spouse or domestic partner and all children under the age of 18, as complimentary guests. Delta SkyMiles® Reserve and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to all Escape Lounge locations when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express credit card and Card Members may bring up to two guests at a per-visit rate equal to the guest fee of the respective Escape Lounge location. Card Member must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Card Members and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Escape Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Escape Lounge locations are subject to change.

Some discussion here:

Escape lounges to become Centurion Studios?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I received an email from AmEx about this several days ago. I'd expect the smaller Centurion lounges to be rebranded.

However, the bigger problem is that guest privileges are too generous: It's ridiculous for an AmEx Plat cardmember (especially with their higher annual fee) not to be able to enter because others are bringing their entire families.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:34 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by UAL123
FYI...I noticed about a week ago that both Ontario Escape lounges have closed. There is now no mention of them on the Escape website. Very odd and frustrating since I have a flight out of there in a few weeks.
They also aren’t on the list of Escape lounges that now appears on the Centurion Lounge site. Perhaps another lounge operator will end up taking over the spaces?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.